Xp graphs and charts

Marco

What are the chances of getting some Xp graphs and charts put onto Tip.it?

Be it a pie chart showing the distribution of Xp between all your different skills within a week/month, or a line graph/bar chart displaying your Xp progress against a previously user-set goal to attain (eg. the user may complete a table of how much Xp they wish to reach in a particular skill each day over the course of a week which could be plotted against how much Xp they actually gained in that week).

A few examples of the kind of graphs I'm talking about:

[hide=F2P weekly Xp distribution (line graph)]f2pxp.png[/hide]

[hide=F2P weekly Xp distribution (pie)]f2ppie.png[/hide]

[hide=User projected weekly Magic Xp versus gained Magic Xp (line graph)]projectedvgained.png[/hide]

A few examples of other sites' graphs;

RS Stats - click on the 'graphs' tab on the left side

RuneTrack - Xp distribution pie chart on the bottom right

I know that Runemonkey also used to have a very good Xp Change graph on their site (although for some reason it's been removed, however).

So.. what are the crew's views on this? For all the traffic these kind of things brings in I'm surprised that it hasn't been implemented into the site already. Is it due to a bandwidth/time issue?

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I would support it as long as they have their own place and aren't included in the already existing guides and site. If a new place is created then maybe. I don't like them, but if I don't have to look past them then I have no problem with them being placed on the site.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

I have referred your suggestion to the crew for consideration.

Opinions from other users are actively encouraged, we need to know what folks think of this.

Personally, I'm not sure how many people would find this useful. But we'll take a look.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Well, RuneScript probably already have the biggest and best trackers (http://runetracker.org/), and since Tip.It is already partnered with the guys at RuneScript, perhaps an integration of the tracker on Tip.It's site, or just a simple link to that as well. Although, they don't offer the types of graphs you want, I am sure they could in the future.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's now four months. What is the position on this?

If there is doubt as to how popular these graphs would be you could always take a look at the site traffic of the previously mentioned sites or even make a poll on the front page, seeing that I know there's a huge lack of poll questions right now.

Honestly, like most suggestions made to us, a lot of them are great ideas and may very well end up becoming very popular, but sadly our technical staff are tied up with several other projects and we just don't have the developer time available to put into many of these projects. Sorry, I cannot guarantee any progress in this area at this time.

~Cowman

1.png
generic_signature.png

Fair enough. Thanks for letting me know.

I'll pester the team again with this in a few months when there'll hopefully be a lull in projects/increase in crew size.  ;)