Looking for Input for a Magic Training Guide

Sinkhan

I'm planning on making a magic training guide comparing and summarizing all of the main methods to training magic, F2P and P2P. I'll be sourcing a lot of existing guides, but I need some external input to confirm the data.

Ok, so really it would be much of a guide so much as it will be a reference thread, but I still need some help in making it. I'm just so tired of seeing the forums filled with repetitive "what do I alch 4 best profit???" and "Best mage xp from level X to level Y?" and want to put it all to rest with a go to guide.

So what I need are people to post rates at which the following spells and methods can be cast/performed:

F2P/P2P

Superheat Item

Alching

Fail Cursing

Falador Teleports (Or any other teleport, I'll modify XP rates accordingly)

Telekinetic Grabbing Zammy Wines/Natures (Any other items worth grabbing?)

Fire Striking (Not so much as spells should all be autocasting once every 2.4 seconds, but an actual trial would be nice)

Crumble the Undead

I have my own rates for FoG

P2P Only

Stringing Amulets

Superglass Make

Orb Charging (All types, but I think air and maybe earth are the only easily accessible ones)

Plank Make

Bursting

BA Assaulting as a Mage (Do you get HP XP for this?)

Humidify

Diamond Bolt Enchantment

Onyx Enchantment at MTA

Please post rates that you have personally achieved yourself and avoid posting rates that you got from another guide (Posting the guides themselves would be appreciated though) unless you know them to be absolutely reliable.

I'd also like any specific tips, tricks, and little things you notice during the process. Profit rates and XP rates I can work out myself, but if you have them that would be good too.

I'm also open to any other methods that I missed here.

And of course, when the guide comes out, full credit will be given where it is due.

[hide=Contributors So far]troacctid

-Base orb charge figures with Tbirds, suggestion of humidify

-high alch multi-task tip

mister_moocky

-suggestion of fail stunning

RayOxide

-suggestion of onyx enchantment at MTA and diamond bolts

mughinn

-gold ore telegrab

dfchester

-nature telegrab

purepure4774

-fire bolting drags w/ SC

ilovecardj

-rates for different ores of superheat

-alching rates

-lots of P2P rates

gspbeetle

-stunning at lumbridge dummies technique and rates

-wind striking spiders

-general spell rates

bedman

-bursting rates plus drops

-diamond enchant rates

walka92

-MTA enchant rates

mrpadre

-alch rates and autocast insights

-superglass make estimates[/hide]

You forgot humidify. I don't think there are any other items worth telegrabbing besides the zammy wine, in f2p anyway.

Umm, I had some xp rates for air orbs. Just as a general ballpark estimate, I did some sparse timed runs with a spirit terrorbird and I was charging about 540 orbs an hour (using a glory teleports of course). Earth orbs would probably be the same, since they're in the same place. But that rate is tentative now, because this week's update allows you to withdraw things from the familiar's inventory, and the run energy update eliminates the need for Tireless Run scrolls at higher agility levels. And both of those would probably make it faster. So I don't know how much that helps, but it should give you some idea.

I should also mention that I never did decide whether I wanted to fill the familiar's inventory only halfway to quickly exchange items, or to leave only one slot open and deposit/withdraw the items one at a time, or to forget the terrorbird and use a fruit bat to forage stuff and save some effort...I really ought to have tested all of those, and I can't remember how much I filled the tbird when I was timing. And I can also confirm that it's pretty rare to see revenants up there at the obelisk--I guess it's cuz they only come there when they're patrolling, and when they are they usually see the people at black demons and chaos druids first and don't climb the ladder.

Hope that helps.

Oh yeah, and alching while multitasking too. Like collecting swamp tar in the boat from Lunar Diplomacy in between alchs, or in f2p, walking to and from Port Sarim to buy eyes of newt while you alch...and so on.

i can just add 1 thing, under the west varrock bank, there a telegrabbable(lol) gold ore, its nor as much money as zammy wines but i think(THINK), it spawns faster, its not so crowded too, and there are other things to telegrab for more xp.

Oh yeah, and alching while multitasking too. Like collecting swamp tar in the boat from Lunar Diplomacy in between alchs, or in f2p, walking to and from Port Sarim to buy eyes of newt while you alch...and so on.

I already do this with the super antipoison potion at near the observatory, but I'll definitely put it into the guide.

Keep those tips and rates coming along.

Profit rates and XP rates I can work out myself.

So what kind of rates do you need?

Btw, where you get the info that all auto cast are 2.4secs?

Missile spells are 3 sec cast. You should wear full melee amour and do some splashing. Start your stop watch when your exp jumps and stop after a few jumps then divide by the number of jumps to get the average cast time.

Profit rates and XP rates I can work out myself.

So what kind of rates do you need?

Btw, where you get the info that all auto cast are 2.4secs?

Missile spells are 3 sec cast. You should wear full melee amour and do some splashing. Start your stop watch when your exp jumps and stop after a few jumps then divide by the number of jumps to get the average cast time.

2.4 seconds is from the Runescape website. That speed meter is how quickly a weapon attacks, and it makes sense that it would also be the rate at which spells are cast for a staff (Although I'm not entirely sure. I guess I'll need to confirm it with a stopwatch)

The rates I need are the number of spells that you can do in an hour. This let's me modify them for say different teleports or different missile spells. However, raw XP rates I guess would be fine as well.

Fire bolting in P2P with SC Robes is 80-100k mage xp/hr on iron dragons. I have profited so far within 20k casts, and that doesn't include a visage drop.

I might try Fire Giants or Cave Horrors out as they have less defence. I might be able to get even greater experience rates at these monsters, and still believe I could break even or profit. I'm 100% sure I could profit at Cave Horrors, but their hitpoint level is low, so the experience would likely be poor.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Fire bolting in P2P with SC Robes is 80-100k mage xp/hr on iron dragons. I have profited so far within 20k casts, and that doesn't include a visage drop.

I might try Fire Giants or Cave Horrors out as they have less defence. I might be able to get even greater experience rates at these monsters, and still believe I could break even or profit. I'm 100% sure I could profit at Cave Horrors, but their hitpoint level is low, so the experience would likely be poor.

You need to consider the extra time spent playing Stealing Creation. If you play ordinary SC games you'll only get about 60 points an hour on average. Noncombat SC games will earn more, though, I guess.

You need to consider the extra time spent playing Stealing Creation. If you play ordinary SC games you'll only get about 60 points an hour on average. Noncombat SC games will earn more, though, I guess.

I compared it versus the cash/time saved for half as many casts required and found it to be worth my time.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Personal experience with fast sc games have them ending at around 14 minutes, so it is quite viable.

ill answer what i know

2P/P2P

Superheat Item - around 1500? iron ores an hour. 1100 mith? 1300 steel? rates will vary 55k-85k exp an hour i believe (may be off slightly)

Alching - 65-70k an hour average (1000-1100 casts)

P2P Only

Stringing Amulets - 130k exp an hour

Superglass Make - ive been told 40k mage an hour

Plank Make 130-40k exp an hour

Enchanting diamond bolts - 150k exp an hour or more . purely depends how fast you are. extremely repetative method, also limited to max 60k bolts per day unless you make your own

Fail stunning - Not sure rates

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

ill answer what i know

2P/P2P

Superheat Item - around 1500? iron ores an hour. 1100 mith? 1300 steel? rates will vary 55k-85k exp an hour i believe (may be off slightly)

Alching - 65-70k an hour average (1000-1100 casts)

P2P Only

Stringing Amulets - 130k exp an hour

Superglass Make - ive been told 40k mage an hour

Plank Make 130-40k exp an hour

Enchanting diamond bolts - 150k exp an hour or more . purely depends how fast you are. extremely repetative method, also limited to max 60k bolts per day unless you make your own

You're awesome <3:

I need some more people to also confirm and back up these rates to make an average

There are still some rates I have no data for

You dont need to fail curse/stun now, you can just cast them at lumbridge dummies.

With SC amour is around 72k per hour (40 min cast for 120k exp + 1hour minigame to recharge)

Without is 100k per hour.

Stand around where the range tutor is, and spam f4 -> click -> f4 -> click

And dont forget the almighty wind striking spiders.

Bursting is around 575 casts an hour (at 9 lob spot) and a little over 100k mage xp an hour (105 is quite accurate).

It also yields 50k hp xp and 145 crimson charms an hour. (75 golds, 35 greens, few blues)

Diamond bolt enchanting can be done very fast if you are good. I could gain 125k on a steady basis. More is possible but you need robot skills.

You dont need to fail curse/stun now, you can just cast them at lumbridge dummies.

With SC amour is around 72k per hour (40 min cast for 120k exp + 1hour minigame to recharge)

Without is 100k per hour.

Stand around where the range tutor is, and spam f4 -> click -> f4 -> click

And dont forget the almighty wind striking spiders.

Is that stun or curse?

Have any rates for wind striking spiders?