SO someone tell me how the world of Runescape has been!

wakka102

Hey everybody! I haven't been on Runescape or these boards in quite some time. Most of the people who have been around these forums for at least 6 months probably have seen me before. I stopped playing Runescape a few months back and have been quite busy in the real world. I am posting simply to ask how everybody (that knows me) has been, to say hello to all my old tip.it friends that I hope haven't forgotten about me, and to see what sorts of things I've missed out on in Runescape this summer! Currently I don't plan to play and I leave for my first year of college at Georgia Southern University tomorrow, which I'm excited about :P . I currently run a youtube channel where I record console games, which I won't plug here because thats rude, but if someone wants to know just drop me a PM. I'll try to check the forums more regularly that I have been.

But to all my old tip.it friends, who are quite numerous, tell me how things have been, are going, and whats in store for Runescape ::'

Hi wakka!

Rs sucks lately. I, myself will probably unsubscribe really soon if the remainder of the year is drier than the current updates we have gotten. The Tip.It community is still good, just deteriorating a bit. If you're thinking about coming back to rs, don't. Iam sad to say it's not even worth 6 bucks a month anymore.

Hi wakkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Howdy toast, how have things been around here and on RS, are things a lot different than they were a few months back?

Jagex fubared the economy by removing DFS/DFH and replacing it with arbitrary items that can be sold to an NPC for millions of geepees. Everything has gone up by 20-200%, and you can no longer protect item in PvP worlds. The non-pvp updates are the same old worthless crap aimed at level 60s.

td2sig.jpg

Jagex fubared the economy by removing DFS/DFH and replacing it with arbitrary items that can be sold to an NPC for millions of geepees. Everything has gone up by 20-200%, and you can no longer protect item in PvP worlds. The non-pvp updates are the same old worthless crap aimed at level 60s.
Whoa, so let me get this straight the DFS is GONE? like it's just not there anymore, or was it made into an untradable state that can be sold to an NPC, I'm not really following here. Prices went up? I can't say I'm surprised about that, as they seemed to have dealt pretty good with the autoers and sellers of Runescape. By not protecting items does that mean others can get them? or you just can't use the "protect item" prayer. That's sad to hear about the updates, I figured with the way they seem to have been listening to the community right before I left that the updates would have been better, but apparently they haven't.

Hi wakka!

Rs sucks lately. I, myself will probably unsubscribe really soon if the remainder of the year is drier than the current updates we have gotten. The Tip.It community is still good, just deteriorating a bit. If you're thinking about coming back to rs, don't. Iam sad to say it's not even worth 6 bucks a month anymore.

That's terrible to hear, but I can't say I'm that surprised, some of the key aspects of the game that Jagex implemented from day 1 have brought about some serious problems now, years down the road, and I'm not sure if some of it can be fixed. I wasn't planning on coming back, just saying hi to all my friends and making it known that I'm still alive and kickin' :thumbsup:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAKKAAAAAAA!!!!

Supp.

Howdy! I don't remember you being a tip.it mod :P

Awful. All the updates lately have been A. short low level quests, B. Pking updates, or C. glorified patch notes. Really, I wouldn't subscribe if I was you.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm not, I'm an events member lol
ah, it's late and I just glanced quickly and saw the avatar label. But either way I don't remember you being one 8-)

Awful. All the updates lately have been A. short low level quests, B. Pking updates, or C. glorified patch notes. Really, I wouldn't subscribe if I was you.
LIke I said, I wasn't planning to, just popping in <3:

Whoa, so let me get this straight the DFS is GONE? like it's just not there anymore, or was it made into an untradable state that can be sold to an NPC, I'm not really following here. Prices went up? I can't say I'm surprised about that, as they seemed to have dealt pretty good with the autoers and sellers of Runescape. By not protecting items does that mean others can get them? or you just can't use the "protect item" prayer. That's sad to hear about the updates, I figured with the way they seem to have been listening to the community right before I left that the updates would have been better, but apparently they haven't.

Like someone else said, DFS isn't gone, just removed from the PvP drop table. New "artifacts" have been introduced to replace the other drops, which are sold to an NPC for anywhere from 5K-5M cash, creating massive inflation in the RS economy. For protecting items, bounty hunter worlds have been introduced, which is basically old PvP except with randomized drops but you can have targets which give increased loot. So, on specific bounty worlds (bounty +1 worlds) the effects of the protect item pray are always active, and you keep the item no matter what. For other bounty worlds and all the PvP worlds,you can no longer use protect item. Just a quick clarification.

Anyways, I remember seeing you around, never talked to you though. But yeah, I wouldn't come back now, basically you do the same stuff as last year, nothing major excepting run energy update BH worlds, and something else I can't remember, meaning its still not that important.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Like someone else said, DFS isn't gone, just removed from the PvP drop table. New "artifacts" have been introduced to replace the other drops, which are sold to an NPC for anywhere from 5K-5M cash, creating massive inflation in the RS economy. For protecting items, bounty hunter worlds have been introduced, which is basically old PvP except with randomized drops but you can have targets which give increased loot. So, on specific bounty worlds (bounty +1 worlds) the effects of the protect item pray are always active, and you keep the item no matter what. For other bounty worlds and all the PvP worlds,you can no longer use protect item. Just a quick clarification.

Anyways, I remember seeing you around, never talked to you though. But yeah, I wouldn't come back now, basically you do the same stuff as last year, nothing major excepting run energy update BH worlds, and something else I can't remember, meaning its still not that important.

thanks for that! Very useful stuff, I wasn't planning on coming back, either way updates never much applied to me anyways as I was merely a skiller for the most part

Sorry to come off as rude, but less than 6 months is really not that long. It's nothing special. I don't see how your return should be any more worthy of its own thread than all the others that get locked. That seems to be largely what this thread is, despite the discussion about past updates. All the answers to your question could be solved within the hour with a little bit of browsing.

Regardless, welcome back. To those that say RS Membership isn't even worth it - what?

cliffside1ra5.png

Funny thing is, I've been for what...? 3 years? maybe more? Took about a month for me to get used to everything new, but I must say things such as items, quests, spells, etc can change, but most of the stuff and the people themselves dont really change. So 6 months isnt anything amazing, maybe some nifty new item here or quest there, but I can't say Runescape really has changed completely.

Vicfung3.png

Welcome back to Tip.It wakka, quite a bit has changed (as it does) with Runescape. Though since there have been more upgrades than updates, new content is a bit sparse.

If you're going to start back up playing and need help then you might want to try a thread in help and advice. If you're just returning to Tip.It then maybe say hello again in the introduce yourself thread.

But as for this thread there isn't all that much discussion value so I'm locking. PM me if you have any questions, though.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].