Guild Wars 2 - Official release date 8/28, 8/25 for pre-purchasers

Guthorm

It has been almost three years since I have posted this thread. Looking back I have realized how obnoxious my format is, pointless trailers and huge walls of text that should have been condensed instead of putting everything out.

So I am just going to suggest a person's youtube channel if you are interested in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes

Enjoy.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, so they're actually talking about Guild Wars 2? I've heard they have some pretty hefty ideas for the sequel so do color me interested. I did enjoy the original even if I only played it for a number of months, and I do trust that they can do some good things for a sequel.

There are very little information about Guild wars 2 because the devs never really gave out any. But here are the info that they did give are all on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_wars_2

Anyway off the top of my head the interesting stuff are one there will be no subscription fees. The players will be much more interactive with their environment such as jumping swimming etc. The zones will be persistent instead of instanced and apparently Anet developed some kind of stuff that stops kill stealing. :o

There will be world PvP similar to WoW I guess and an event system. For example while you are traveling a dragon might attack a bridge, then everybody in the world could go to that place and help defend the bridge. If you succeed the dragon will fly off and if you fail npcs will come and repair the bridge while you need to defend them from bandits etc. Basically they stated these events will happen all around the world so during any time there will be something happening in the world.

There are no servers so players can always play with their friends. There will be races and there will be much higher level caps, devs are even thinking of uncapping the level system. They do however hate grinding, so the plan is to make the benefit from leveling smaller and smaller as you level and eventually there will be no benefits at all. Lastly the equipments will have a much more important influence than in the original guild wars where skills>time=money.

And that is pretty much I can think of right now, can't wait for the next day for that trailer. :)

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Going by my impressions of Guild Wars Prophecies, Factions,Nightfall and Eye of the North i would say the game is in very good hands. Guild Wars is a huge success, the graphics, gameplay, community etc is all great.

I have actually heard would they are using new server equipment to minimize lag as much as possible, whether it is true or not, we will have to see.

SIGYTTT.jpg

Someone I know of had a dolphin tattooed on her chest. She got fat and the dolphin turned into a whale...

Probably will quit rs and switch to this when it comes out (if it turns out good).

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Of course, you buy the game and there is no subscription fee, for around 50-60 dollars you get hundreds hours of online game play.

11-1.jpg[

I thought that was the Charr effigy thingy :o

[hide=]CharrEffigy.jpg[/hide]

Looks like the concept art, thatd be awesome if you can change into an effigy.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Definitely can't wait for this to come out. Sylvari race for me! ::'

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Aparently, having a full hall of heroes and having max titles gives rewards when it comes to GW2. Can anyone confirm this? And if so anyone want to raise titles or nething pm on TIF.

SIGYTTT.jpg

Someone I know of had a dolphin tattooed on her chest. She got fat and the dolphin turned into a whale...

Aparently, having a full hall of heroes and having max titles gives rewards when it comes to GW2. Can anyone confirm this? And if so anyone want to raise titles or nething pm on TIF.

Full heroes like all heroes have prestige armor in your Hall of Monuments?

And just realised how the current charr effigys look in game, STRAW VOODOO MEN PLZ. But thet almost owned me in CoF D:

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Full heroes like all heroes have prestige armor in your Hall of Monuments?

And just realised how the current charr effigys look in game, STRAW VOODOO MEN PLZ. But thet almost owned me in CoF D:

Yes, having, for example, full minipets, or all heroes, all destroyer weapons etc gives you good rewards in GW2. If you complete your hall aparently it goes to Level 2 and you can rearrange the hall aswell ::'

SIGYTTT.jpg

I think it will just be the skins of the pets and armors etc etc, I doubt Anet will give some huge benefit for having a full hall. That doesn't stop me from trying to fill it though. :lol:

11-1.jpg[

• 2 months later...

Small bump, added a new trailer revealing some information about races. The website was updated with race lores too but I doubt anybody care about that unless you are really following the game.

Good luck to anybody doing finals. :thumbsup:

11-1.jpg[

CHARR

Lol, GW has gnomes too now.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

• 5 weeks later...

CHARR

Lol, GW has gnomes too now.

Yeah but aren't they like "techy" gnomes? Kinda different. I like how now since it's like a few hundred years after the original GW, they have some new tech and can go anywhere they want with the story. The original GW storyline was good about halfway through, then it just got stupid. :rolleyes:

Big_Stingman.png