Is Dharoks Greataxe any good by itself?

Adder5000

Recently i have thought about getting my strength to 70 to get a Dharoks Greataxe but i wonder if it is not worth getting :?: Other alternatives could be better (Whip,Dragon scimitar,Saradomin sword or other barrows weapons).

Please post which is the best 1 handed weapon and 2 handed weapon,taking into account the price. :thumbsup:

5anla8.jpg

the Dharoks Greataxe isnt worth getting by itself at all actually. Its extremely slow and it could easily be outdone by the whip,d scimi,and saradomin sword.

best 1h weapon:whip(att/def),D scimi(str)

best 2h weapon: saradomin sword because of its speed

All barrows weapons excluding karils suck on there own.

Try the zerker necklace and obby sword/knife/mace combo.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

well as for individual barrows weapons, it depends on the circumstances. kinda

like, veracs flail and torags hammers arent bad for waterfiends, but alone they dont work well on anything

but no, op, DH axe is bad alone...everywhere

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The whip is the main weapon of choice. Trains both attack and defence and you can use a shield with it. I recommend a rune defender.

The Saradomin Sword is the best weapon for training strength but you lose the shield slot. No biggie really. The alternative is the dragon scimmy, but after you've used the SS you won't go back.

Godswords can train all skills, but are slower than the above. Although they appear faster over time the whip/defender will win. The SS also just edges the Godsword overtime but nowhere near as much as the whip/def.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Karil's Crossbow is pretty bad too.

As far as the zerker combo, it's true that it beats the d scimmy, but the fact that you can't use a salve amulet with it means that the d scimmy is still better unless you're using a substandard training method already.

• 6 months later...

Actually, Karil's is a pretty good weapon -- it's just insanely expensive. In a quick test I did, it was better than using addy bolts on a rune crossbow.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Actually, Karil's is a pretty good weapon -- it's just insanely expensive. In a quick test I did, it was better than using addy bolts on a rune crossbow.

I haven't thoroughly tested it, but in my experience, Karil's crossbow hits way too low to be effective. I kill Ahrim much faster with a rune crossbow and broad bolts. Again, I haven't tested it; just my two cents.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I haven't thoroughly tested it, but in my experience, Karil's crossbow hits way too low to be effective. I kill Ahrim much faster with a rune crossbow and broad bolts. Again, I haven't tested it; just my two cents.

karils xbow is basically a whip for ranged, its a slightly faster speed and has a similar max hit (~50 lower) (taking into account the fact that void has no damage boosters and worse pots then melee does) and is similar accuracy.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png