A question about barbarian powerfishing

Bauke

So, I've decided to try out a bit of powerfishing. Doing the barbarian method. I've read in a guide that you start with ~20 feathers and then cut the fish you caught and use that as bait. Though.. The guide states you drop the offcuts because they stack, and the other two things don't. It also states that cutting a fish occasionally fails. Doesn't that mean you run out of bait, simply due to the fact that your bait will be used up, but you won't get it all back for 100% due to occasional cutting fail?

What am I missing?

Even if one fish fails to be sliced, the other will provide a non stackable item (roe or caviar) that u can use to catch another fish, together with several stackable offcuts that can be used for catching more fish. So you start out with feathers, catch fish slice 'em then fill up invent with fish u catch with offcuts then drop offcuts and fish further with caviar and roe. So you won't run out of bait.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Even if one fish fails to be sliced, the other will provide a non stackable item (roe or caviar) that u can use to catch another fish, together with several stackable offcuts that can be used for catching more fish. So you start out with feathers, catch fish slice 'em then fill up invent with fish u catch with offcuts then drop offcuts and fish further with caviar and roe. So you won't run out of bait.

You can start with roe, caviar, or offcuts, since they all sell instantly on the GE, as far as my experience goes.

The fastest method is just to bring a bunch of feather or fishing bait and fish a full inventory, and then double drop while you fish. There is no point in cutting the fish because feathers are only 5gp

a piece.

Why use feathers when you can use bait? It's cheaper. Fish offcuts and fishing bait are the same as feathers and cost less.

But yes, after the cut-x update, it's faster now to drop. This is because Jagex made the mistake of having the cut-x work separately for each type of fish, so you need to do it three times per inventory, which kind of sucks.

Just bring bait and drop the fish. You will save a huge amount of time. I did this and got my 99 much quicker.

You can use the saved time to earn money or do something more constructive.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!