50m, what to do...

joey11223

Right I have 50m cash right now.

Here's what I'm considering:

A) Buy bandos set since I slay most of the time and don't have it. Right now I wear guths plate and legs and switch to helm n spear to heal, but bandos with bunyip would probably do for most tasks

B) I have 76 prayer now, use it to buy 90 prayer

C) One aim is to get 99 farming, Buying 50m worth of yew/magic tree seeds and palm tree seeds wont get me to 99 but would get me quite high, probably 90 or so.

I'm thinking of A or B over C, I've already used quite a bit to get to 70 farming via tree and fruit tree seeds....

cakesncats056-1.jpg

Bandos out of those options. 90 isn't even half-way to 99 farming, so I definitely wouldn't blow 50M on a fast farming method that won't get you even half-way. You're better off planting cheaper/slower crops while slaying.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Bandos out of those options. 90 isn't even half-way to 99 farming, so I definitely wouldn't blow 50M on a fast farming method that won't get you even half-way. You're better off planting cheaper/slower crops while slaying.

well trees are the slowest. Right now I plant them and slay, after two tasks I harvest my snaps, sometimes one task if its taken 90ish mins.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

I would say that the bandos chestplate and tassets are not worth it at all. I bought them for a while, and they hardly help. They have lower defence than the dharok's platebody/verac's skirt that I usually use (and less pray bonus), for only 1 higher max hit. You will hardly ever notice that, and it is one of the most overrated items ever in my opinion. It only has better range bonus than barrows, and a measly +1 pray bonus per item. I find barrow's much better, especially because of their cheap price and extremely high defence.

I ended up selling the chestplate and tassets after only a day and buying a saradomin godsword instead, as the extra prayer from its special actually helps with slayer tasks or anywhere since I use the 10% strength pray to speed up my tasks (around 3 higher max hit, as opposed to just 1, at a much, much cheaper price).

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Out of those, I'd say training prayer and/or getting the Bandos Chestplate (and using Torag's or Dharok's platelegs because the tassets are fairly weak in comparison) would be the most productive option. Don't feel obligated to spend it all, though.

I would say that the bandos chestplate and tassets are not worth it at all. I bought them for a while, and they hardly help. They have lower defence than the dharok's platebody/verac's skirt that I usually use (and less pray bonus), for only 1 higher max hit. You will hardly ever notice that, and it is one of the most overrated items ever in my opinion. It only has better range bonus than barrows, and a measly +1 pray bonus per item. I find barrow's much better, especially because of their cheap price and extremely high defence.

I ended up selling the chestplate and tassets after only a day and buying a saradomin godsword instead, as the extra prayer from its special actually helps with slayer tasks or anywhere since I use the 10% strength pray to speed up my tasks (around 3 higher max hit, as opposed to just 1, at a much, much cheaper price).

Eh, I agree on the tassets, but the chestplate compares a little more favorably. You lose less defense and gain more strength compared to barrows with the chestplate than with the tassets. It's a better trade-off. I prefer to use the chestplate along with Verac's Skirt.

Get atleast 80-85 Prayer. It's a very useful skill. The rest, put into Farming. I'm currently getting good farming exp and great money just for 10 minutes of work a day, not even bothering with trees.

Stick with bushes and herbs for now to re-kindle some of the Prayer loss, then keep steady cash into Farming.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

50m would get you roughly 4.5m farming xp if yews/palms, and 4m xp if mages/palms. These are rough estimates. Idk what your current farming level it, but you should get about 90-92.

Look in my AoW farming guide if you need any further assistance for your farming training. Link is in my sig.

Personally, I would not spend all that money on farming unless I knew I could make enough money to get 99. Farming's benefits end at 83, or you could say 85 if you wanted to count torstol (or lower if you considered level boosters). I would spend the money for 83. If I knew I wanted 99 farming and if I knew I could get the rest of the money I needed (most likely another 50-60m) then I would spend all that money.

If I could not come up with that money or was unwilling to spend, I would spend the money on slayer supplies, but that's usually where all my spare money goes so... :lol:

Get bandos and equal out your stats.

Get 70 all if you dont, and try for 1M xp in all if you dont. If you do have 1m xp in all, Do whatever you want, you've made your point :P

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I know this wasn't an option but i'd get tassets/fighters torso and then slay like that. You'll make enough for your tassets back soon enough so you're right back at square one.

Your real choice is between B or C. I'd personally not put all my money into palm/mages/yews. I'd do maples/calquats and farm snaps or kwuarms to rekindle the loss.

Basically, you can do them all relatively easy, i'd slay first however.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I know this wasn't an option but i'd get tassets/fighters torso and then slay like that. You'll make enough for your tassets back soon enough so you're right back at square one.

Your real choice is between B or C. I'd personally not put all my money into palm/mages/yews. I'd do maples/calquats and farm snaps or kwuarms to rekindle the loss.

Basically, you can do them all relatively easy, i'd slay first however.

hmm I suppose, though I generally prefer defence over offence, so what rather get say torags and a dfs and have the best melee defence.

Farming wise right now I do yews, palms and snaps, will do calquat when i hit 72.

I get a little less profit from the snaps as I use spider scrolls to get red eggs and make super sets for herb xp.

cakesncats056-1.jpg

You can get a DFS, but i would only use it on Dragon and Wyvern Tasks. Other then that the Rune Defender is the best choice for doing most slayer tasks. The increased accuracy of the defender beats the +2 more str the DFS has. Also with the Body And Legs your defense should be enough from those items.

I would get Bandos as i think it looks nice. Right now I'm using Torag's Platebody and Verac's Plateskirt due to a low amount of GPs. When i get towards the end of my task i turn on the 10% Str and just use my prayer.

If you like farming i would do some Manage Thy Kingdom and have workers on Maples. Those will get you some high level seeds for maybe half the cost if you were to buy them? I been getting about 2 yews every week. But that just seems special. I also gotten a calquat as well.

You can always just get to 80 prayer. Its an even number and closer to 99. Unless you go for 99 Prayer, most just think its pointless to get it past 70. Whether you train it higher is up to you.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Bandos is like the perfect defence bonus.

Torags is too much.

too much!?!, lmao how can you have too much.

More than necessary.