Handcannon and other failed range updates

howbadisbad

Range sucks, eh? And your reasoning is... some bad equipment? You then list some of range's most powerful weapons, lol.

Rune Crossbow+Dragonstone Bolts(e)?? Antifire pots

You didn't even mention the Dark bow, one of the most powerful KO weapons in the game. with a .0000000001% chance of a 1 hit kil since if you pull it out in combat they will safe up to full hp before it can be shot cause its so damn slow.

Amulet of Ranging is meh, but it's not that bad...

Crystal bows are for one-iteming :D lulznub

As for crap content, well, all three classes have that! F2P has Rune Warhammers and Shortswords. P2P melee has the Torag's set effect, and only its armor is worth using. Yah, I agree that Karil's a very lackluster... only good for the magic exp. Magic has Iban's blast, Normal Magic's Wave spells aren't very good. Hell, most of normal magics is outperformed by Ancients. that is why ancients is often called the pvp spellbook.......

But hybrids will always rule.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Range sucks, eh? And your reasoning is... some bad equipment? You then list some of range's most powerful weapons, lol.

Rune Crossbow+Dragonstone Bolts(e)?? Antifire pots

You didn't even mention the Dark bow, one of the most powerful KO weapons in the game. with a .0000000001% chance of a 1 hit kil since if you pull it out in combat they will safe up to full hp before it can be shot cause its so damn slow.

Amulet of Ranging is meh, but it's not that bad...

Crystal bows are for one-iteming :D lulznub

As for crap content, well, all three classes have that! F2P has Rune Warhammers and Shortswords. P2P melee has the Torag's set effect, and only its armor is worth using. Yah, I agree that Karil's a very lackluster... only good for the magic exp. Magic has Iban's blast, Normal Magic's Wave spells aren't very good. Hell, most of normal magics is outperformed by Ancients. that is why ancients is often called the pvp spellbook.......

But hybrids will always rule.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I agree with all but your opinion on the crystal bow and the hand cannon. The crystal bow is one of the best weapons for castle wars and going after Jad. Have you even tried a hand cannon? They pretty much hit constant 30's with the occasional 50. enough said.

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

I agree with all but your opinion on the crystal bow and the hand cannon. The crystal bow is one of the best weapons for castle wars and going after Jad. Have you even tried a hand cannon? They pretty much hit constant 30's with the occasional 50. enough said.

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

If Jamtax really want the hand canon to break then they should make it like Barrows, or SC weapons. Where it can be fired 100 times, or if you use the spec it damages it by 5. Or if they want fire making to play a role it could: 100 - (10 / (FM level / 10)). If you spec: 100 - (25 / (FM lev / 10).

There, that way it could be something useful beyond a novelty item without making it over powered.

Prism_Swords.png

If Jamtax really want the hand canon to break then they should make it like Barrows, or SC weapons. Where it can be fired 100 times, or if you use the spec it damages it by 5. Or if they want fire making to play a role it could: 100 - (10 / (FM level / 10)). If you spec: 100 - (25 / (FM lev / 10).

There, that way it could be something useful beyond a novelty item without making it over powered.

Prism_Swords.png

Are you even able to come up with any real arguments at all? You might also want to read what you just wrote, because your reply contains more than the occaisional typo, code faillure, and you actually contradict yourself within two sentences. =D>

[/common sense]

Comments in quote.

[hide=Range Ammy]Highests range attack in the game by 5 so it should be awesome right?

too bad the only use for it is safespotting, and its not even worth it for that since its price is so unstable. WTF? when did i say things should be overpowered?? See underlined. Suggesting it's weakness makes it fail. Taking away the weakness would make it overpowered. I also see that you said you now suddenly don't think of it as a fail? The little reminder on basic economics still stands.[/hide]

[hide=Javalins]Not much to say here other than they suck! :D No they suck. Ah yes, wonderful argument right there![/hide]

[hide=Darts]Knives with less power and more expensive :wall:Oh my god! They're expensive? Maybe that has something to do with people wanting it and a small (in comparison) offer in said items? Again, basic economics... And there's a fletching skill too you know. #-o

They fail because of the price? That argument is a fail, the item is not. :shame: No the item is a fail. Another great, perfectly reasonable argument! You fail at providing those so badly that it's a wonder you even bother trying to contradict me without any facts. [/hide]

[hide=Longbows]lol fail. #-o They have greater range and can shoot over larger obstacles. They are slower yes, but still have their purpose. Nuff said. When you next use a longbow to train, or anything for that matter, tell me So you have to use them for training if they're not to fail? How perfectly shallow to think that. People use them for long range Pking, and switch to other weapons for close range.[/hide]

[hide=Thrownaxes]Rune axe is useful for waterbirth and that is all?Again, what's wrong with the large range of choice in weapons? You can use them for more than just waterbirth, so I don't see the problem. They suck is the problem. Another one of your most impressive arguments I see. My earlier point still stands. Prove it wrong and you might not be a waste of space. :shame: [/hide]

[hide=Crystal bow]Is beat in every possible way by the rune crossbow with an unholy book. (not to mention the degrading)First of all, the Crystal bow was there long before the rune c'bow was even introduced! It still has its purpose and I think you just hate it because you're poor. :shame: it has no purpose if it is outpreformed in everyway by cheaper alternatives? Lies underlined.[/hide]

[hide=Karils]Before the December 2007 Wilderness updates, many Karil's rangers would go to the Wilderness Agility Course and lower the Agility of the target, making them unable to escape. Some rangers in PvP worlds still use this tactic. Many rangers have asked for the set effect to be changed. Nevertheless, it is considered to have little to no use in most other situations.Oh no! Armour with purpose, how extremely outrageous! :wall:

Crossbow: Decent at best, but expensive and not good unless you want to whittle down a players health in pvp Again, you hate it because you're poor? Crossbows aren't expensive at all.When did i ever mention it being to expensive? Learn to read.Apparently you're a hypocrite too. I underlined where you said it was expensive. Learn to read your own words!

Armour: Only use for karils is magic defence, anything else is total and complete waste of cash I get it! You're too freaking poor. :wall: You have no place in this thread.Really? Why's that? Please do provide me with actual facts instead of made-up lies. :shame: [/hide]

[hide=Hand Cannon]Made me Rofl

also it has a chance to break when you fire it, and the shots are 2k each Again you're ranting about your apparent poverty! Did it ever occur to you that people may just think it an awesome weapon? People that aren't poor noobs like you apparently are? So it's jealousy that drives you then... You're not forced to use any of the weapons you don't like..I don't.Still no real argument why the cannon would fail than. Well done! =D> [/hide]

Good things:

Rune crossbow- always the best way to train, Good hits and accurate. Oh, so next to the "I'm-too-poor-for-this-so-it-sucks" ranged is good? That's just.. bleep. -.- Stop trolling. You mean stop pointing out where your logic fails? Might I remind you you said crossbows fail? How most interesting how you don't even seem to agree with yourself.

Chins- Best way to train :D

Range could be so much more, but Jagex fails to produce an even mediocre update for range. Well why don't you suggest something then, if you're so unhappy without providing any real arguments. :shame: i Would but you might come in and start yelling about how everyone is too poor. Based on your lack of arguments your poverty appears the only reason you believe the items are a fail. I look at things objectively, not at prices in that matter. Shame on you for assuming I would.

No comments about shortbows yet..

Still, my conclusion is that you're just ranting about being too poor. noob gtfo. Ah yes, when you can't win the argument due to lack of intellect you'll be calling the other a noob. How very mature indeed. Interesting too, that you left out the shortbow still.

Such a great Argument! Sure beats yours. It's actually based on fact.

The point is "WHY DO MOST RANGE WEAPONS SUCK?" And I'm merely arguing with that because I disagree, and you cannot provide any real arguments WHY these items "suck" :shame:

I guess range ammy has its uses so i'll take that off the list. but everything else needs buffs or some kind of improvement.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Are you even able to come up with any real arguments at all? You might also want to read what you just wrote, because your reply contains more than the occaisional typo, code faillure, and you actually contradict yourself within two sentences. =D>

[/common sense]

Comments in quote.

[hide=Range Ammy]Highests range attack in the game by 5 so it should be awesome right?

too bad the only use for it is safespotting, and its not even worth it for that since its price is so unstable. WTF? when did i say things should be overpowered?? See underlined. Suggesting it's weakness makes it fail. Taking away the weakness would make it overpowered. I also see that you said you now suddenly don't think of it as a fail? The little reminder on basic economics still stands.[/hide]

[hide=Javalins]Not much to say here other than they suck! :D No they suck. Ah yes, wonderful argument right there![/hide]

[hide=Darts]Knives with less power and more expensive :wall:Oh my god! They're expensive? Maybe that has something to do with people wanting it and a small (in comparison) offer in said items? Again, basic economics... And there's a fletching skill too you know. #-o

They fail because of the price? That argument is a fail, the item is not. :shame: No the item is a fail. Another great, perfectly reasonable argument! You fail at providing those so badly that it's a wonder you even bother trying to contradict me without any facts. [/hide]

[hide=Longbows]lol fail. #-o They have greater range and can shoot over larger obstacles. They are slower yes, but still have their purpose. Nuff said. When you next use a longbow to train, or anything for that matter, tell me So you have to use them for training if they're not to fail? How perfectly shallow to think that. People use them for long range Pking, and switch to other weapons for close range.[/hide]

[hide=Thrownaxes]Rune axe is useful for waterbirth and that is all?Again, what's wrong with the large range of choice in weapons? You can use them for more than just waterbirth, so I don't see the problem. They suck is the problem. Another one of your most impressive arguments I see. My earlier point still stands. Prove it wrong and you might not be a waste of space. :shame: [/hide]

[hide=Crystal bow]Is beat in every possible way by the rune crossbow with an unholy book. (not to mention the degrading)First of all, the Crystal bow was there long before the rune c'bow was even introduced! It still has its purpose and I think you just hate it because you're poor. :shame: it has no purpose if it is outpreformed in everyway by cheaper alternatives? Lies underlined.[/hide]

[hide=Karils]Before the December 2007 Wilderness updates, many Karil's rangers would go to the Wilderness Agility Course and lower the Agility of the target, making them unable to escape. Some rangers in PvP worlds still use this tactic. Many rangers have asked for the set effect to be changed. Nevertheless, it is considered to have little to no use in most other situations.Oh no! Armour with purpose, how extremely outrageous! :wall:

Crossbow: Decent at best, but expensive and not good unless you want to whittle down a players health in pvp Again, you hate it because you're poor? Crossbows aren't expensive at all.When did i ever mention it being to expensive? Learn to read.Apparently you're a hypocrite too. I underlined where you said it was expensive. Learn to read your own words!

Armour: Only use for karils is magic defence, anything else is total and complete waste of cash I get it! You're too freaking poor. :wall: You have no place in this thread.Really? Why's that? Please do provide me with actual facts instead of made-up lies. :shame: [/hide]

also it has a chance to break when you fire it, and the shots are 2k each Again you're ranting about your apparent poverty! Did it ever occur to you that people may just think it an awesome weapon? People that aren't poor noobs like you apparently are? So it's jealousy that drives you then... You're not forced to use any of the weapons you don't like..I don't.Still no real argument why the cannon would fail than. Well done! =D> [/hide]

Good things:

Rune crossbow- always the best way to train, Good hits and accurate. Oh, so next to the "I'm-too-poor-for-this-so-it-sucks" ranged is good? That's just.. bleep. -.- Stop trolling. You mean stop pointing out where your logic fails? Might I remind you you said crossbows fail? How most interesting how you don't even seem to agree with yourself.

Chins- Best way to train :D

Range could be so much more, but Jagex fails to produce an even mediocre update for range. Well why don't you suggest something then, if you're so unhappy without providing any real arguments. :shame: i Would but you might come in and start yelling about how everyone is too poor. Based on your lack of arguments your poverty appears the only reason you believe the items are a fail. I look at things objectively, not at prices in that matter. Shame on you for assuming I would.

Still, my conclusion is that you're just ranting about being too poor. noob gtfo. Ah yes, when you can't win the argument due to lack of intellect you'll be calling the other a noob. How very mature indeed. Interesting too, that you left out the shortbow still.

Such a great Argument! Sure beats yours. It's actually based on fact.

The point is "WHY DO MOST RANGE WEAPONS SUCK?" And I'm merely arguing with that because I disagree, and you cannot provide any real arguments WHY these items "suck" :shame:

I guess range ammy has its uses so i'll take that off the list. but everything else needs buffs or some kind of improvement.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Crystal bow is still pretty damn good for boss hunting.

I love using it at DK's its longer ranged, takes 1 slot, I don't have to worry about ammo and I don't need to wear a set cape which means more prayer bonus and longer trips.

Recharging works out cheaper then the amount of diamond (e) bolts you'd lose due to breaks and them dropping on the floor (picking them up is lost time and inventory space in comparison).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I love using it at DK's its longer ranged, takes 1 slot, I don't have to worry about ammo and I don't need to wear a set cape which means more prayer bonus and longer trips.

Recharging works out cheaper then the amount of diamond (e) bolts you'd lose due to breaks and them dropping on the floor (picking them up is lost time and inventory space in comparison).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

"Rune Crossbow+Dragonstone Bolts(e)??---Antifire pots"

Oh dear, a powerful tactic has a counter, how very unusual. And how common is it for someone to carry those? Even without the special, R'crossbow+Rune bolts are very powerful.

"You didn't even mention the Dark bow, one of the most powerful KO weapons in the game.---with a .0000000001% chance of a 1 hit kil since if you pull it out in combat they will safe up to full hp before it can be shot cause its so damn slow."

Holy hyperbole batman! Really, .0000000001% chance of a one-hit KO? Even so, it can still do some serious damage, and if you pull out the crossbow or even some Rune Knives you can kill soomeone easily. If they're in dragonhide or magic-armor, the D'Bow will do some serious damage, as well as the follow-up Cross or Knives. If they're in melee armor or Barrows, a D'bow might not do as much, but then you can follow up with some magic attacks, or just try your luck with the Cross/knives. Have you even tried range-pking? If you have, you obviouly didn't put much effort or thinking into it.

"Crystal bows are for one-iteming---lulznub"

Why is that almost everyone here is so... ugh. I've only done that for the lulz at Falador Center. The Crystalbow is great for boss hunting, as others have said. For PKing, it's meh, but I don't pk very much anyway.

"that is why ancients is often called the pvp spellbook......."

Wave spells, God Spells, and Iban's blast are all member's, as well as the 10% curses and the high-end entangles. You didn't even comment on the melee arguments I put forward. You aren't very good at arguments, are you?

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

Oh dear, a powerful tactic has a counter, how very unusual. And how common is it for someone to carry those? Even without the special, R'crossbow+Rune bolts are very powerful.

"You didn't even mention the Dark bow, one of the most powerful KO weapons in the game.---with a .0000000001% chance of a 1 hit kil since if you pull it out in combat they will safe up to full hp before it can be shot cause its so damn slow."

Holy hyperbole batman! Really, .0000000001% chance of a one-hit KO? Even so, it can still do some serious damage, and if you pull out the crossbow or even some Rune Knives you can kill soomeone easily. If they're in dragonhide or magic-armor, the D'Bow will do some serious damage, as well as the follow-up Cross or Knives. If they're in melee armor or Barrows, a D'bow might not do as much, but then you can follow up with some magic attacks, or just try your luck with the Cross/knives. Have you even tried range-pking? If you have, you obviouly didn't put much effort or thinking into it.

Why is that almost everyone here is so... ugh. I've only done that for the lulz at Falador Center. The Crystalbow is great for boss hunting, as others have said. For PKing, it's meh, but I don't pk very much anyway.

Wave spells, God Spells, and Iban's blast are all member's, as well as the 10% curses and the high-end entangles. You didn't even comment on the melee arguments I put forward. You aren't very good at arguments, are you?

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

You aren't very good at arguments, are you?
Nope, that's why we're all noobs. We actually do make sense. :mrgreen:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

You aren't very good at arguments, are you?
Nope, that's why we're all noobs. We actually do make sense. :mrgreen:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

The Hand Cannon is literally "beast" and was made for PvP. Nothing wrong with it.

The Thrownaxe spec is pretty decent for certain places. Usually not worth it though.

Everything else sucks.

Crystal Bow looks cool and helps in certain places.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

The Hand Cannon is literally "beast" and was made for PvP. Nothing wrong with it.

The Thrownaxe spec is pretty decent for certain places. Usually not worth it though.

Everything else sucks.

Crystal Bow looks cool and helps in certain places.

Everything else sucks.
By this you mean: Shortbows, Crossbows (even rune?), knives, etc? :shock:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Everything else sucks.

Wow I failed.

I meant

Everything else except knives, obby rings and the rune crossbow *(and zaniks)*

:S

Everything else sucks.

Wow I failed.

I meant

Mhm.. I don't think my full armadyl armour fails... Or my trusty ancient magic shortbow (don't use it much as I have better, but still). :?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Are you even able to come up with any real arguments at all? You might also want to read what you just wrote, because your reply contains more than the occaisional typo, code faillure, and you actually contradict yourself within two sentences. =D> It would be nice if you could point them out because I don't see them

[/common sense]

Comments in quote.

too bad the only use for it is safespotting, and its not even worth it for that since its price is so unstable. WTF? when did i say things should be overpowered?? See underlined. Suggesting it's weakness makes it fail. Taking away the weakness would make it overpowered. I also see that you said you now suddenly don't think of it as a fail? The little reminder on basic economics still stands.The fury has no weaknesses, does that make it overpowered?[/hide]

[hide=Javalins]Not much to say here other than they suck! :D No they suck. Ah yes, wonderful argument right there!That is the argument froob. They are just more terrible than everything else (in short, they suck)[/hide]

They fail because of the price? That argument is a fail, the item is not. :shame: No the item is a fail. Another great, perfectly reasonable argument! You fail at providing those so badly that it's a wonder you even bother trying to contradict me without any facts. And yours is so great "LOLZ UR JUST 2 P00r![/hide]

[hide=Longbows]lol fail. #-o They have greater range and can shoot over larger obstacles. They are slower yes, but still have their purpose. Nuff said. When you next use a longbow to train, or anything for that matter, tell me So you have to use them for training if they're not to fail? How perfectly shallow to think that. People use them for long range Pking, and switch to other weapons for close range.You don't use a longbow for pking, just alching maybe ;)[/hide]

[hide=Thrownaxes]Rune axe is useful for waterbirth and that is all?Again, what's wrong with the large range of choice in weapons? You can use them for more than just waterbirth, so I don't see the problem. They suck is the problem. Another one of your most impressive arguments I see. My earlier point still stands. Prove it wrong and you might not be a waste of space. :shame: Your argument is i'm poor....I see how that is your argument to everything.[/hide]

[hide=Crystal bow]Is beat in every possible way by the rune crossbow with an unholy book. (not to mention the degrading)First of all, the Crystal bow was there long before the rune c'bow was even introduced! It still has its purpose and I think you just hate it because you're poor. :shame: it has no purpose if it is outpreformed in everyway by cheaper alternatives? Lies underlined.How is it a lie, Rune crossbow is cheaper, more powerful, and more accurate. [/hide]

[hide=Karils]Before the December 2007 Wilderness updates, many Karil's rangers would go to the Wilderness Agility Course and lower the Agility of the target, making them unable to escape. Some rangers in PvP worlds still use this tactic. Many rangers have asked for the set effect to be changed. Nevertheless, it is considered to have little to no use in most other situations.Oh no! Armour with purpose, how extremely outrageous! :wall: duh? Barrows effects are suposed to have a purpose, whereas Karil's has none.

Armour: Only use for karils is magic defence, anything else is total and complete waste of cash I get it! You're too freaking poor. :wall: You have no place in this thread.Really? Why's that? Please do provide me with actual facts instead of made-up lies. :shame: Because your entire argument is saying i'm too poor and i don't have to use the weapon if it sucks[/hide]

also it has a chance to break when you fire it, and the shots are 2k each Again you're ranting about your apparent poverty! Did it ever occur to you that people may just think it an awesome weapon? People that aren't poor noobs like you apparently are? So it's jealousy that drives you then... You're not forced to use any of the weapons you don't like..I don't.Still no real argument why the cannon would fail than. Well done! =D> The point is not "dont use it if it sucks" it's "most range weapons suck so fix it."[/hide]

Good things:

Rune crossbow- always the best way to train, Good hits and accurate. Oh, so next to the "I'm-too-poor-for-this-so-it-sucks" ranged is good? That's just.. bleep. -.- Stop trolling. You mean stop pointing out where your logic fails? Might I remind you you said crossbows fail? How most interesting how you don't even seem to agree with yourself.Never said that, I said dragon bolts (e) are a fail in pvp due to antifire pots.

Chins- Best way to train :DI'm missing your comment about how im too poor.

Range could be so much more, but Jagex fails to produce an even mediocre update for range. Well why don't you suggest something then, if you're so unhappy without providing any real arguments. :shame: i Would but you might come in and start yelling about how everyone is too poor. Based on your lack of arguments your poverty appears the only reason you believe the items are a fail. I look at things objectively, not at prices in that matter. Shame on you for assuming I would.Hmmm i'm just too poor is used everywhere.... :-#

Still, my conclusion is that you're just ranting about being too poor. noob gtfo. Ah yes, when you can't win the argument due to lack of intellect you'll be calling the other a noob. How very mature indeed. Interesting too, that you left out the shortbow still.because your entire argument is calling everyone poor.

Such a great Argument! Sure beats yours. It's actually based on fact.Because you know how much money I have? no.

The point is "WHY DO MOST RANGE WEAPONS SUCK?" And I'm merely arguing with that because I disagree, and you cannot provide any real arguments WHY these items "suck" :shame: Weapon damage, cost, speed, and accuracy might play a part as mentioned in some above arguments

arcane_stew.png

WAITWUTPRAYERBOOKS?

the extra accuracy, damage, and prayer bonus might help

arcane_stew.png

Everything else sucks.

Wow I failed.

I meant

Mhm.. I don't think my full armadyl armour fails...

Aye stop picking on me; I meant offensively. ;)

Howbad, Crystal bow isnt that great, but its good.

Oh dear, a powerful tactic has a counter, how very unusual. And how common is it for someone to carry those? very. at least 8 out of 10 people I fight.Even without the special, R'crossbow+Rune bolts are very powerful.And they can very easily eat twice between hits and it doesn't hit high enough to kill.

Holy hyperbole batman! Really, .0000000001% chance of a one-hit KO? Even so, it can still do some serious damage, and if you pull out the crossbow or even some Rune Knives you can kill soomeone easily. If they're in dragonhide or magic-armor, the D'Bow will do some serious damage, as well as the follow-up Cross or Knives. If they're in melee armor or Barrows, a D'bow might not do as much, but then you can follow up with some magic attacks, or just try your luck with the Cross/knives. Have you even tried range-pking? If you have, you obviouly didn't put much effort or thinking into it.Knives will never kill, magic doesn't work if your wearing dragonhide and the darkbow is not powerful enough to kill or get into killing range. (if your wearing mystic or other mage armour your not gona hit good with dbow anyways because everyone wears void when dbowing. Yea i Think i do pk with range, And i dont use anything except obby rings and a rune cross unless deep wildy pking.

Why is that almost everyone here is so... ugh. I've only done that for the lulz at Falador Center. The Crystalbow is great for boss hunting, as others have said. For PKing, it's meh, but I don't pk very much anyway. Good at being outperformed by cbow.

Wave spells, God Spells, and Iban's blast are all member's, as well as the 10% curses and the high-end entangles. You didn't even comment on the melee arguments I put forward. You aren't very good at arguments, are you? You mean those 2 things melee has bad against liek 6+ things range has. (i do see some people pk with ruse shortsword.

arcane_stew.png

Are you even able to come up with any real arguments at all? You might also want to read what you just wrote, because your reply contains more than the occaisional typo, code faillure, and you actually contradict yourself within two sentences. =D> It would be nice if you could point them out because I don't see them Maybe you'd like to read the post before replying.

Mhm.. Here's your 2:

"Crossbows fail"

"Good things: rune c'bow"

Try karils again, maybe form a third opinion there... #-o

[/common sense]

Comments in quote.

too bad the only use for it is safespotting, and its not even worth it for that since its price is so unstable. WTF? when did i say things should be overpowered?? See underlined. Suggesting it's weakness makes it fail. Taking away the weakness would make it overpowered. I also see that you said you now suddenly don't think of it as a fail? The little reminder on basic economics still stands.The fury has no weaknesses, does that make it overpowered?Fury pretty good attack/defence stats, but lacks the usefulness of a glory. Glory though inferior in stats has teleports, like many rings and teleports. Compare the prices and most would choose for a glory anyway.[/hide]

[hide=Javalins]Not much to say here other than they suck! :D No they suck. Ah yes, wonderful argument right there!That is the argument froob. They are just more terrible than everything else (in short, they suck)Your agurment here:

They suck - That's not an argument! Calling me noob again because you lack manners, decency and objectivity?

My argument: Read back in the first post. It wasn't that you're poor (proving another of your "arguments" false.[/hide]

They fail because of the price? That argument is a fail, the item is not. :shame: No the item is a fail. Another great, perfectly reasonable argument! You fail at providing those so badly that it's a wonder you even bother trying to contradict me without any facts. And yours is so great "LOLZ UR JUST 2 P00r!Your arguments:

The item is a fail.

The item is expensive.

My arguments:

The item doesn't fail as they're much like knives, fast and hit fair. Provide proof for the item's failing?

The item isn't that expensive.[/hide]

[hide=Longbows]lol fail. #-o They have greater range and can shoot over larger obstacles. They are slower yes, but still have their purpose. Nuff said. When you next use a longbow to train, or anything for that matter, tell me So you have to use them for training if they're not to fail? How perfectly shallow to think that. People use them for long range Pking, and switch to other weapons for close range.You don't use a longbow for pking, just alching maybe ;)You never Pked before the introduction of the newest ranged weapons, have you? And yes, people use them.[/hide]

[hide=Thrownaxes]Rune axe is useful for waterbirth and that is all?Again, what's wrong with the large range of choice in weapons? You can use them for more than just waterbirth, so I don't see the problem. They suck is the problem. Another one of your most impressive arguments I see. My earlier point still stands. Prove it wrong and you might not be a waste of space. :shame: Your argument is i'm poor....I see how that is your argument to everything.

Your arguments:

Only serves 1 purpose.

They suck. (not an argument, but a statement which requires proof that you don't provide)

My arguments:

They can be used for more than that.

"They suck" isn't an argument.

You're not forced to use them, there's nothing wrong with having the choice to use them.[/hide]

[hide=Crystal bow]Is beat in every possible way by the rune crossbow with an unholy book. (not to mention the degrading)First of all, the Crystal bow was there long before the rune c'bow was even introduced! It still has its purpose and I think you just hate it because you're poor. :shame: it has no purpose if it is outpreformed in everyway by cheaper alternatives? Lies underlined.How is it a lie, Rune crossbow is cheaper, more powerful, and more accurate. How it is a lie?

1. "it has no purpose" - REALLY? I believe several other people have already proven that wrong.

2. "it is outperformed in everyway (1 word?) by cheaper alternatives" - REALLY? You named one. Start the list buddy![/hide]

[hide=Karils]Before the December 2007 Wilderness updates, many Karil's rangers would go to the Wilderness Agility Course and lower the Agility of the target, making them unable to escape. Some rangers in PvP worlds still use this tactic. Many rangers have asked for the set effect to be changed. Nevertheless, it is considered to have little to no use in most other situations.Oh no! Armour with purpose, how extremely outrageous! :wall: duh? Barrows effects are suposed to have a purpose, whereas Karil's has none. You said:"Only useful for magic defence" - now you say: "It has no purpose"

Contradicting yourself much lately?

Crossbow: Decent at best, but expensive and not good unless you want to whittle down a players health in pvp Again, you hate it because you're poor? Crossbows aren't expensive at all.When did i ever mention it being to expensive? Learn to read.Apparently you're a hypocrite too. I underlined where you said it was expensive. Learn to read your own words! No comments here eh?

Armour: Only use for karils is magic defence, anything else is total and complete waste of cash I get it! You're too freaking poor. :wall: You have no place in this thread. Really? Why's that? Please do provide me with actual facts instead of made-up lies. :shame: Because your entire argument is saying i'm too poor and i don't have to use the weapon if it sucksStill haven't learned reading eh?[/hide]

also it has a chance to break when you fire it, and the shots are 2k each Again you're ranting about your apparent poverty! Did it ever occur to you that people may just think it an awesome weapon? People that aren't poor noobs like you apparently are? So it's jealousy that drives you then... You're not forced to use any of the weapons you don't like..I don't.Still no real argument why the cannon would fail than. Well done! =D> The point is not "dont use it if it sucks" it's "most range weapons suck so fix it." The point is most range weapons suck, you say, yet you cannot elaborate on WHY the cannon sucks other than your not liking it, apparently. Still waiting for a real argument here.[/hide]

Good things:

Rune crossbow- always the best way to train, Good hits and accurate. Oh, so next to the "I'm-too-poor-for-this-so-it-sucks" ranged is good? That's just.. bleep. -.- Stop trolling. You mean stop pointing out where your logic fails? Might I remind you you said crossbows fail? How most interesting how you don't even seem to agree with yourself.Never said that, I said dragon bolts (e) are a fail in pvp due to antifire pots. Never said crossbows fail? Scroll up buddy!

That'd be in the karils hidden bit. I'll help make that clearer for you. =D>

Chins- Best way to train :DI'm missing your comment about how im too poor. You try and make it seem that's the reason I think the items don't fail. That's incorrect. It is the reason I think that you believe the items fail. Therefore it doesn't matter at all how poor you are with regard to whether or not the items fail. It merely proves you're not objective and thus your arguments "this sucks" is invalid.

Range could be so much more, but Jagex fails to produce an even mediocre update for range. Well why don't you suggest something then, if you're so unhappy without providing any real arguments. :shame: i Would but you might come in and start yelling about how everyone is too poor. Based on your lack of arguments your poverty appears the only reason you believe the items are a fail. I look at things objectively, not at prices in that matter. Shame on you for assuming I would.Hmmm i'm just too poor is used everywhere.... :-# Your being too poor was your argument here, not mine. Besides, that does not give you an excuse not to come with actual suggestiong rather than claiming everything sucks.

Still, my conclusion is that you're just ranting about being too poor. noob gtfo. Ah yes, when you can't win the argument due to lack of intellect you'll be calling the other a noob. How very mature indeed. Interesting too, that you left out the shortbow still.because your entire argument is calling everyone poor. Is it now? You should take your own advice and "Learn to read!"

Such a great Argument! Sure beats yours. It's actually based on fact.Because you know how much money I have? no. Based on your calling everything and anything too expensive. Your arguments are based on no factual analysis whatsoever.

The point is "WHY DO MOST RANGE WEAPONS SUCK?" And I'm merely arguing with that because I disagree, and you cannot provide any real arguments WHY these items "suck" :shame: Weapon damage, cost, speed, and accuracy might play a part as mentioned in some above arguments Mhm? I don't see a clear presentation of weapon damage, cost, speed and accuracy per weapon to compare them, do you?

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Crystal bow outperformed by cheaper alternatives?

Crystal bow w/ 2500 shots @ 180k charge is 72gp per shot. It has 100 ranged accuracy, 70 ranged strength, and fires at speed 5.

A rune crossbow with 2500 mithril bolts costs 250k at 100 ea, with broad bolts it's 335k. With an unholy book it has 98 ranged attack and attacks at speed 4.

The advantages that the crossbow has are:

No degrading

Can change ammunition for a higher cost (Runite bolts provide +115 ranged strength but costs the same as getting a crystal bow to 180k charges)

So it isn't cheaper. And the speed could probably make up for the loss of power, until it degrades. If it wasn't for the degrading, the crystal bow would probably be overpowered though.