Handcannon and other failed range updates

howbadisbad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the Op ditches and moans about range sucking and flaming jagex, yet offers NO SOLUTION.

Gtfo plox.

He's just ranting on the suckiness of the variety.

I guess the only solution he can offer is to remove of all that junk.

Or, the other solution is to make hand cannon not explode.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I don't get it. You're complaining because the released items suck? You don't have to use them you know. <_<

If you want to talk F2P melee, well here they are, howbadisbad style:

The Bad:

[hide=Daggers]Fail.[/hide]

[hide=Shortswords]Crap.[/hide]

[hide=Maces]Only useful for prayer, and even then it's negligible.[/hide]

[hide=Warhammers]Lol.[/hide]

[hide=Battleaxes]Ever since 2H, it's obsolete.[/hide]

The Good:

Scimitars: Best weapon in F2P, nuff said.

Longswords: Slower than scim but more powerful and accurate, and it has an awesome stab.

2H: Awesome KO weapon.

Btw, since you are talking about P2P ranged, you should add shortbows to that list. "Ever since rune crossbows, magic shortbows are useless." :rolleyes:

Shortbows are on that list

And i will not tell you that your arguments are obsolete and stupid because jaffy is a nub and should not need large explanations for most things on my list like javelins since they are self-explainatory.

I aggre with your rant about f2p, but f2p is just a demo of the real game tbh. It's free so you can't expect it to be more balanced than p2p. (even tho it prbably is.) <.<

It is. No way to hit 65's and K0 easily, way harder to PJ, and the overall lower level means mages have a slight chance, even without ancients. :thumbup:

I love how the Op ditches and moans about range sucking and flaming jagex, yet offers NO SOLUTION.

Gtfo plox.

Why? SO everyone can then moan about Range ACTUALLY having no variety?

Why not upgrade the Javs, darts,bows,cannons, ect?

Why not add new weapons that are good?

Why not offer up some new ammo?

Why not offer up some way to attach jems to arrows/javs/darts?

Why not offer up some effects for the enchanted versions?

Why not offer up some new ranged armours?

Why not offer up some new range based monsters that drop the above?

Ect

ect

ect...

Gtfo plox.

Why? SO everyone can then moan about Range ACTUALLY having no variety?

Why not upgrade the Javs, darts,bows,cannons, ect?

Why not add new weapons that are good?

Why not offer up some new ammo?

Why not offer up some way to attach jems to arrows/javs/darts?

Why not offer up some effects for the enchanted versions?

Why not offer up some new ranged armours?

Why not offer up some new range based monsters that drop the above?

Ect

ect

ect...

Even if there is variety, there will always be one best weapon, and everyone will use it.

Thus, leading to more "this is useless so it sucks" rants.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

thank you to the last 2 posts

there will always be a best weapon that everyone will use

I personally still use my old mage shortbow on stuff with low def (ogres, bloodvelds,)

people use knives over darts because you need feathers for darts and knives you just need the bar

does anyone know if knives or darts are a *tiny* bit faster? or stronger?

anyone remember the seercull? talk about your sucky weapon...

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

Is the hand cannon really that bad? The ammo costs 1/10 what it used to cost, so it's fairly affordable, and it has one of the best DPS of ranged weapons.

Best dps? Are you on crack?

It's good but not THAT good.

I havent updated the first posts tbh

I never said the best. I said one of the best. The hand cannon is out-DPSed by rune knifes and probably diamond/dragon/onyx bolts, but those are all much more expensive.

kintar_sword-4.png

I personally still use my old mage shortbow on stuff with low def (ogres, bloodvelds,)

people use knives over darts because you need feathers for darts and knives you just need the bar

I remember the Seercull, good weapon for the hunted in FoG.

Prism_Swords.png

Melee... Ok, I admit, I use a rune longsword instead of a rune scimitar. But that's only because I think it looks cooler, and the exp differences isn't that huge anyway.

Ranged, obviously every F2Per will use Maple Shortbows. Longbows look ugly, and they fire slower at the same accuracy and power, so they simply aren't worth using.

Magic... any elemental staff, really. I personally use a Fire Staff because of Fire Blast, Superheat, and High Alchemy. I only use talisman staffs for the magic defence.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

No since is is near impossible to hit damage if you are the hunted...

And to the other posters

I did offer other solutions but they were deleted when the forums upgraded.

Such as buff damage of javs and make hc not explode ect ect

basic stuff

But Jagex fails to implement basic stuff as always <.<

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

And to the other posters

I did offer other solutions but they were deleted when the forums upgraded.

Such as buff damage of javs and make hc not explode ect ect

basic stuff

But Jagex fails to implement basic stuff as always <.<

Well, even if your solutions were implemented, if they aren't the best weapons, they get tossed in the bin.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Melee has warhammers, longswords, swords, daggers that aren't dragon, maces, halberds, some obsidian crap and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't even think of at the moment. Melee sucks?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Melee has warhammers, longswords, swords, daggers that aren't dragon, maces, halberds, some obsidian crap and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't even think of at the moment. Melee sucks?

Lolno.

In PvP, if used effectively, they can be as good as scimitars. That's F2P btw.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

No since is is near impossible to hit damage if you are the hunted...

No, the hunted weaken proportionally with the distance you are from the center, and as such the farther you are from the center the better chance you have of dealing high damage. The Hunter normally chooses armor based on offense and not defense. The improves your chances of hitting high even more.

So you run to the edge of the ring and shoot the hunter with the Seercull then go about your survival method of choice.

Prism_Swords.png

Take it as you never heard of a obby pure.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Or using melee in the fight cave.

Prism_Swords.png

Or using melee in the fight cave.

Wtf was the point of that response its easy enough to use melee in fight caves the entire way with a hally and jad you just have to switch back to melee protect after his attacks

Range is just used there to make it less work but melee still works fine, if not better since it will do more damage.

And new updates for the handcannon after using it in bh for awhile

It's not even close to as good as a godsword

It can't with 50's without void and the special is worthless unless your pjing since they will eat to full hp whenever you start.

Also, it has low alchemy value and is protected over by rune platelegs and other rune items.

And it's unreliability make it a terrible choice for straight up pvp and pvm

I wish jagex would release dragoncrossbows <.<

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I just saw in the screenshots thread, somebody two-hit killing a player with a handcannon. The hits were 40-something and 50-something I think. That was even with Ranged prayer on.

That image basically makes your rant obsolete.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I just saw in the screenshots thread, somebody two-hit killing a player with a handcannon. The hits were 40-something and 50-something I think. That was even with Ranged prayer on.

That image basically makes your rant obsolete.

Except they activated their prayer too late, it happens all the time.

And if your talking about weapons with good pj potential you should talk about claws since they do not have an enormous amount of charging time that makes it very obvious you are about to get pjed.

Yes, i have never been close to killed by a handcannon pj since it is so obvious when a voider you level starts his little charge animation in the distance. then you pray melee before the first one hits you because by that time it is pretty much too late.

Claws on the other hand, while more expensive are more reliable and stealthier.

Ex. Veng then attack them and you will pretty much warp to them from almost out of sight

Also, claws are a good weapon to ko in an actual fight instead of just pjing like the handcannon.

arcane_stew.png

The Handcannon is currently one of the few counters to the D Claws, so I wouldn't call it worthless.

How does it "counter" Dclaws? if you were to go through with the spec you can't eat so your instantly screwed if the clawer doesnt screw up a spec.

And unless you mean pj the claws before they pj you (because they melee protect) that's not really a counter lol.

arcane_stew.png

1.Javelins do suck.

You cannot deny this.

They have no use whatesoever.

2. Darts are meh. They could be better. They're not useless, but could be improved, I suppose.

3. Thrownaxes - 99% useless. Rune axe is useful once in a great while. And that's just 1 axe type.

4. Longbow - epic fail. This weapon is good for nothing but damaging a farcaster who froze you. And it's so terrible, it doesn't hurt them any - Needs a big buff to strength (do u know how bows work?) and perhaps range.

newsigac5.png