Question about contacts.

xxept0

I'd say put your contacts in first. That way any makeup that could be left on your fingers or any spills you might have made won't make the lenses dirty.

Yeah, and that way you won't ruin it when you force your eyes open with your fingers.

force your eyes open? :shock: yeah put in contacts first, getting stuff in your eyes is not fun :( this one tiem i put on deoderant before my contacts and got it on my fingers somehow and then put in my contats...ow...now i always put them in first thing :D

rangesig.gif

Yeah, and that way you won't ruin it when you force your eyes open with your fingers.

I...I...II... Erm.... :shock:

OK, thanks for your help guys. But er... Wouldn't the debrise from eye shadows and powder make up fly into my eyes? And then cause a fungal infection on my contacts which will evetually fall into my eyes?? :!: :?:

That's what i had been thinking since i got my contacts... *regrets not asking optician*. :wall:

wildernesssc2.jpg

:lol: even if I did wear makeup, I wouldn't be able to put it on without my contacts in anyway.

Lol. Same with me. :D

Actually i can. I peer REALLY close to the mirror (my astig and short sightedness is beyond high for my age, but for some reason, my long sightedness is fine)

wildernesssc2.jpg

:lol: even if I did wear makeup, I wouldn't be able to put it on without my contacts in anyway.

Lol. Same with me. :D

Actually i can. I peer REALLY close to the mirror (my astig and short sightedness is beyond high for my age, but for some reason, my long sightedness is fine)

Lol. Well, I can't see my hand in front of my face without my contacts. But, I've been wearing them now for about five years and can take them out and put them in without even having to look into a mirror. It's very easy to do once you get used to them.

3898000bYVcx.png

goths.

How do you know the vast majority of the above posters are female?

Regardless, your post was unnecessary and irrelevant.

I dont wear much eye makeup, but I would have to force my eyes open for contacts, and it would mess it up.

When in doubt, pants first then shoes.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I...I...II... Erm.... :shock:

Well yea, it's not like you won't blink when you're sticking a piece of plastic onto your eyeball :P you've gotta keep em open somehow...

summerpngwy6.jpg

Well yea, it's not like you won't blink when you're sticking a piece of plastic onto your eyeball Razz you've gotta keep em open somehow...

^^ True.... Only i think you've scared off every other person thinking about getting contacts for themselves! Seriously people, Insane is just over exagurating(Aka, being insane! :P).

Lol. Well, I can't see my hand in front of my face without my contacts. But, I've been wearing them now for about five years and can take them out and put them in without even having to look into a mirror. It's very easy to do once you get used to them.

Actually, that can't happen to me (at least not anytime soon) because i wear contacts with astig. So it has a certain order of putting it on. (they have these annoying things writen on, and there is an N on it. The N has to be in a 6 o'clock position in my eyes or else my world will go blur! :/)

But i FINALLY got around asking my optician. He said it is best if i wear my makeup first (not sure why though). Oh well, I'll just test around and see which method is the best. Thanks very much guys! :D

wildernesssc2.jpg

Well yea, it's not like you won't blink when you're sticking a piece of plastic onto your eyeball Razz you've gotta keep em open somehow...

^^ True.... Only i think you've scared off every other person thinking about getting contacts for themselves! Seriously people, Insane is just over exagurating(Aka, being insane! :P).

Actually, that can't happen to me (at least not anytime soon) because i wear contacts with astig. So it has a certain order of putting it on. (they have these annoying things writen on, and there is an N on it. The N has to be in a 6 o'clock position in my eyes or else my world will go blur! :/)

But i FINALLY got around asking my optician. He said it is best if i wear my makeup first (not sure why though). Oh well, I'll just test around and see which method is the best. Thanks very much guys! :D

I wear contacts with astig. too, but I have very slight astigmatism. So, I don't have to wear that kind. I used to wear lenses sort of like the ones you described. But, for some reason, I don't wear them anymore.

3898000bYVcx.png

Put your contacts in before applying makeup. You don't want to have on your makeup, then struggle not touching anything while trying to stick those contacts in.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/side_makeup.htm

http://www.jnjvision.com/cosmetic_dos_and_donts.htm

Check that out...backs up what i'm saying.

signaturecj5.jpg

Eye makeup first or else you'll muck it up when u put lenses in. Makeup shouldn't fall in your eyes unless you are putting too much powdered type on, but you could dust with a brush with eyes closed to remove excess. I've been wearing lenses for many years - brilliant & no probs.

The one important infection thing is not to keep your eye makeup for too long - or else the microbes start to multiply in the mascara.

The problem I have is getting it off. I"m so blind I can't see to remove it without contacts, but the remover hurts my eyes. GRRRRR :shock:

I MEANT LENSES FIRST.

Sorry, my bored feline companion keeps disconnecting my modem. Since I discovered Runescape, he sees it as competition. He can also disconnect the phone. This is one seriously possessive puss. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'd put the contacts in first. I've been wearing them for something like the last six years, and in the morning I shower, dry off, then put contacts in and proceed to the rest of getting ready, so hands are still clean and stuff.

peterstretchfn5.gif

I'd put the contacts in first. I've been wearing them for something like the last six years, and in the morning I shower, dry off, then put contacts in and proceed to the rest of getting ready, so hands are still clean and stuff.

Yea, it would seem like a given but I often forget to wash my hands before putting them in/taking them out.

summerpngwy6.jpg

It would make sense to me (a non-contact wearer) to put them in first, b/c then, once its in, you can CLOSE your eye to put eye shadow on, eye liner is a diff story, but if you're skilled to any degree, then you'll be OK :wink:

J272