"Over-Hyped" Quests

Opieous

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i am currently working towards my quest cape and I have 226 QPs, its interesting to read some of the comments on here. Sometimes I use a guide, sometimes I don't, just to get a feel for the quest, and I always read the storyline.

Not done MEP1 or 2 yet. They are there to be done in the next few weeks. Thanks for scaring the hell out of me guys :ohnoes:

witchylucy.png

MEP2 was the hardest quest ever. The puzzles are complicated and if you do it without a guide your brain will explode. I remember it took me 7 hours with a guide to do

Hah I had to take trips inbetween my low agility, monsters attacking, and having to go all over the place. Though I never really got the guide. It was about 3 months between the time I started and completed it.

MEP1 was over hyped for me. Its every simple and the supposedly hard bits are really just walking around.

MEP2 and rat catchers are plain evil (not sure about rat catchers after the recent update).

Rat catchers put me off quests for 3 months and MEP2 is stupidly annoying at parts.

I swear that there's something wrong with MEP2, I started it yesterday had a little trouble on the hand holds (summer pies cleared it up) and now the light from the top refuses to go down regardless of the rotation.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The hardest thing about MEP2 for me was the fact that the graphics make it damn near impossible to tell which way the mirror is reflecting the light. I know I had to backtrack several times to point it the correct way because that damn little mirror didn't point the way i thought it was.

I did use a guide for that part I admit, and for several other quests when i was working for my quest cape. These days I do my best to complete new quests within the first few days that they come out. I never use guides now that I have my cape. I think the main reason I used them in the first place is because I wanted the cape so bad i didn't want to take the time to figure out some parts on my own.

Most of the time I just checked the guides to see what i should have in my inventory though, even though 90% of the time I ended up not using what the guides suggested.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I never got the chance to do Underground Pass in RS2, but there is no way it could be harder than it was on Classic. On Classsic, it was *the* hardest quest to do. Legends may have higher level requirements, but that was easier.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Morning, did you have a kitten or a cat? If you had a cat, Rat Catchers was easy.

That hard bit was the guards not the fights or rat catching.

It took me about 3 hours to complete the house.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Morning, did you have a kitten or a cat? If you had a cat, Rat Catchers was easy.

That hard bit was the guards not the fights or rat catching.

It took me about 3 hours to complete the house.

Wow... you suck. :mellow:

No, I'm just kidding. I honestly don't remember much about the quest other than doing it the day it came out, lol

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I did underground pass at 26 agility :mellow:

I think I had like 17 :P Awsome quest though, it was pretty challenging at my combat level back then. The problem with quests is that a lot of people have flat 90+ melees. If Jagex wants to make a quest that's challenging for those people the majority of the players just won't be able to finish it.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I did underground pass at 26 agility :mellow:

I think I had like 17 :P Awsome quest though, it was pretty challenging at my combat level back then. The problem with quests is that a lot of people have flat 90+ melees. If Jagex wants to make a quest that's challenging for those people the majority of the players just won't be able to finish it.

Generated Boss Levels. ;)

Same as the combat random events before, your combat effects their combat.