99 Range

Donkeykong23

9.9M away.

Ppots have rose in price since the herblore update, so it might cost more.

If you average 190exp/grey chin, it will take 52k chins for 99 range. So thats ~ 26m in chins, so your looking at 30m-35m using grey chins, and factoring in pots.

Now If you average 245exp/red chin, then it's only 40.5k chins for 99 range. That would cost ~ 32.4m in chins, so I'm going to say 35m-40m once you add in the pots.

So his figures were dead accurate, I'd personally recommend grey chins, they take a tad longer, but it saves a few mill.

As far as your gear goes, full void, fury, unholy book, ranger boots, ring of life (HIGHLY recommended), skillcape (t).

Any other questions, feel free to add me in game and ask.

Sumondskull6.png

a mix of ranging Avansies and then Chinning is about 155k xp an hour.

You're kidding right? It's IMPOSSIBLE to calculate how much exp/hour you'd get using both methods combined, there's WAY to many factors involved. For example: if he chins for 10 hours, and killed aviansies for 1 hour, his average would be just over 210k exp/hour. If he chinned for 1 hour and killed aviansies for 10 hours, his average would be around 57k exp/hour.

Where did you get 155k exp/hour from?

Sumondskull6.png

Aw lol.. I only got void melee helm.

Guess I'll go back to PC. :ugeek:

What about chinning in the chaos tunnel?

The time you'll save by chinning at Ape Atoll is way more valuable the GP you might save by collecting the drops from mummies. Not to mention they are worse XP and might even make it so you pay more for 99.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

List of RS places to train;

---Range

--$$:

-Green Dragons

-Green Dragons (tank)

-Aviansies

-Black Dragons

-Blue Dragons

-Aberrant Spectres

-Spiritual Mages

--XP:

-Yaks

-Experiments

-Cannon

-Chinchompas (Mummies, etc)

-Ogres

--XP+$$:

-Cannon (Trolls, Aberrant Spectres)

-Fire Giants

-TzHaar

-Slayer

---

I like my list :D

A rather decent combo is going to aviansies for an hour then using the raised money to chin the next.

I think thats 100k xp p/h with little loss.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

To be honest, you should do Aviansies till 95 and then Chin the rest of they way. With 99 Ranged, Void and no Ranging Potions i manage to get between 180 and 195 Kills an hour (My best was 201 kills in one hour). I kill the level 83's, 71's and 69's so the avarage HP lvl is 72. Thats about 288 Exp per Aviansie. If you subtract 38 Exp for damage delt by other NPC's you get 250 Exp per Aviansie. At 180 Aviansies an hour you get atleast 45k exp an hour. With an avarage drop of 3.5k that ends up in 630k Money an hour. If you use Ranging Potions aswell as 10% Ranging Boost Prayer you could easily get upto 230 Kills an hour putting you at 57k Exp an hour and 800k Money an hour. I have no way to prove this to you but feel free to come watch me for an hour if you don't believe me ;)

Why is this the best way? Because doing this stops you from wasting 30m - 40m on a skill that can make you 75m with a bit of patience.

Here's a picture of the best possible Aviansies Setup. Note that i have no God Items. They really are not needed as all the NPCs go unagressive after 15 minutes or so. Also, i use the DFS instead of Unholy Book for the great Defense it offers. If you don't want to spend the money on a DFS then get a Obsidian Shield or a Granite Shield.

Replace the Rune Crossbow with Obsidian Rings or Rune/Dragon Darts for an even better result (Note that this will eat some of your profit, but not much of it).

void.png

Just a short explination of how i manage to get so many kills an hour.

Map.png

The Purple dot (Lvl 69) gets attacked by a Vampire and Gorak, so that speeds up the kill alot.

The Blue dot (Lvl 71) gets attacked by various Bandos Followers also speeding up the kill.

The Black dot (Lvl 89) often wanders as indicated by the black line making it easy to attack him without moving too much.

The Red dot (Lvl 89) and Brown Dot (Lvl 83) is in the area where you should be standing. These two can be attacked without moving too much.

The Green dot(Lvl 69) also often wanders into your range of fire so it can be attacked without moving alot.

Those are the 6 Aviansies you should focus on, with your main focus on the Purple, Red and Brown dots. There is also 1 Aviansie just beyond the Green dot and another Just beyond the Purple dot which also wanders into your range every now and then. They are Lvl 69 and 71. They speed up your Kill Count as well.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

If you're worried about money, then a mix of ranging Avansies and then Chinning is about 155k xp an hour.

Range slaying is also a choice, there's a great guide in the AOW.

155k is next to impossible.

Its about 300k exp per hour chinning (given his level) and about 30k exp killing avis.

Its about 3 hours avis killing for 1 hour chinning so thats (more time avis killing given the prices atm).

30*3+300=390

390/4=98

So its about 98k exp per hour.

gorg I thought your high level guide to avis said don't use rune c'bow?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

List of RS places to train;

---Range

--$$:

-Green Dragons - They are too slow. You'd have to wait for them to respawn. And besides that, alot of lower levels use Green Dragons as main income method.

-Green Dragons (tank)- See above.

-Aviansies - Read my reply.

-Black Dragons - Rather slow-ish Exp. This should only ever be done if you are a fool and you "Visage Camp" or if its a Slayer Task.

-Blue Dragons - Could get a good 400k Money an hour, but also no the best of Exp's

-Aberrant Spectres - I've never personally tried this but i can imagine its a horrible idea. You're going to have to run back and forth to back every 10 minutes making you lose out o alot of Exp.

-Spiritual Mages - Yes, this is decent. You're going to look at atleast 3 Pairs of Boots every 2 Hours (if you're fast), and the Exp isn't too bad. But Aviansies are still alot better.

--XP:

-Yaks - No, Never. If you're not below 60 CB, then stay away!

-Experiments - No personal experience but i'm pretty sure this is a low level method. So no.

-Cannon - Not alot of things to cannon effeciently. But youu could try Trolls and Abby Specs. Although once again you're going to run around like a mad man Banking. Oh and there is the matter of the Cannon decaying.

-Chinchompas (Mummies, etc) - Never ever Chin Mummies. Skeleton Monkies or don't even bother.

-Ogres - On this i have no say except i thought this as well was a low level method.

--XP+$$:

-Cannon (Trolls, Aberrant Spectres)- See my answer above.

-Fire Giants - Decent Exp and Money, but Aviansies are so much better.

-TzHaar - meh, the Exp is alright and the Money isn't too bad either. Although Aviansies are alot better in general, TzHaar can be better if you get Obby drops often (It is possible. I've managed to make about 1.2m in one hour there thanks to Obby drops). Oh and don't forget the Onyx Tips.

-Slayer - Some people would say this is a good idea. I myself tried it and it was way too hard. Or frustrating rather than hard. The Exp is slow, ans so is the Money.

---

I like my list :D

A rather decent combo is going to aviansies for an hour then using the raised money to chin the next.

I think thats 100k xp p/h with little loss.

I gave my thoughts on the List. My replies are in Red, obviously.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Use red chins at Ape Atoll (the skeleton monkies) at the dongeon. Refer to bedman's guide on the second page of AOW General Guidse. IT's the one I'm using atm and I've gotten from 79-87 in 4 days :) OTher's can do it faster I just liek to keep things relaxed. I hope to see ya there one day :)

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

I would say about 30k-40k Red Chinchompa's should do it? Make sure you pray eagle eye and bring void. MAybe less chins i just estimating. Anyways gl.

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Here's a picture of the best possible Aviansies Setup. Note that i have no God Items. They really are not needed as all the NPCs go unagressive after 15 minutes or so. Also, i use the DFS instead of Unholy Book for the great Defense it offers. If you don't want to spend the money on a DFS then get a Obsidian Shield or a Granite Shield.

Replace the Rune Crossbow with Obsidian Rings or Rune/Dragon Darts for an even better result (Note that this will eat some of your profit, but not much of it).

void.png

I'm 100% sure that they stay aggressive, even after hours of being there. But if for some stupid reason I am wrong, I recommend using fury/BSS instead of DFS/amulet of ranging, because you get the same ranged attack bonus, and 5 less range defense bonus, for less than half the cost. However, if you already have a DFS, then use the setup he gave.

Sumondskull6.png

void.png

I'm 100% sure that they stay aggressive, even after hours of being there. But if for some stupid reason I am wrong, I recommend using fury/BSS instead of DFS/amulet of ranging, because you get the same ranged attack bonus, and 5 less range defense bonus, for less than half the cost. However, if you already have a DFS, then use the setup he gave.

I think the reason they never go anagressive for you is because youre in the Eyrie. I might be wrogn. Even if they dont go un agressive, the spot i use Still works perfectly

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide