Firemaking Idea

elucin8er

Well I was ranging iron dragons for slayer, pretty annoying, so I did my thing and started thinking.

Firemaking doesn't really have big uses, except for in occasional quests, and It's tough to fit it into a category of beneficial rewards.

So how about just making it increase hit point regeneration?

As far as I know, there isn't really anything other than a basic universal system for hit point regeneration. It would be pretty rewarding, and lower the need for food in certain situations. You could mix it into the concept of firemaking, relating firemaking to, "making it in the wild, survival instincs, etc etc. Not only would it be a decent addition to the game, but it would also give firemaking a use.

Discuss.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I think that would be cool. But connecting it to hit point regeneration would be too far fetched for most the runescape population.

This is my concern, and I hope the people of tip it can think of an idea to relate the two. Perhaps, your "inner fire" helps ur regeneration.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

I think that would be cool. But connecting it to hit point regeneration would be too far fetched for most the runescape population.

This is my concern, and I hope the people of tip it can think of an idea to relate the two. Perhaps, your "inner fire" helps ur regeneration.

No, that is plain stupid.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

HP regeneration depending on the type of fire, location and number of logs.

Similar to musicians, but you have to light a fire there. Add in the use of different logs for faster regains and maybe a portable version once you hit 80+. Of course you'd disallow it in most PvM location, but allow it just outside.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Moving this to Bugs & Suggestions.

While I agree firemaking needs something to make it more worthwhile training I'm not sure if tying it in with combat is the best solution. Just having it regenerate health while in combat seems kind of far fetched but the idea of making a campfire to sit around could possibly work. My only concern with the second option is that it would be hard to balance to make it useful for players but not overpowering in a way that would outdate using food or other methods of healing.

What about it reducing dragon breath damage. The higher level you are the less you get burnt and at 99, you won;t get burnt?

Lol I don't mind this, but it would affect antifire pots a great deal.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif