99 Cooking

lolroflmaolololol

Well I'm 70 Cooking and I want to get 99 cooking for my first skillcape :thumbsup:

I am cooking underneath the rogue's den and I wanna know whats the best way to get 99 cooking in a week. Well cheapest actually. I play for around 6 hours a day and I don't wanna spend over 1.3m on cooking

Whats the cheapest fish for me to cook? I'm currently doing trouts until I get a repl :unsure:

A week might be pushing it a little.

As I've found out, the best XP for cooking is sharks after 94, when you don't burn them anymore. I could get around 250k xp/hr when I focused solely on cooking. Doing that for 6 hours a day would net you 1.5mil xp/day, times 7 is 10.5mil xp. You'd be close, but it would take a few more days :)

All that said, sharks are extremely cheap to do right now. You only lose 24gp/shark, and if you did them from 94, you would lose only 581k gp.

Up until that point, if you really want to go cheaply, do tuna. You lose 19gp/tuna. However, I'll warn you that it will be slower xp.

Hope this helps :)

Don't be a sheep and follow everyone else to get the most stupid, no effort 99 skill cape in the game.

Do something different! Work hard for your first 99! Enjoy it and feel like you earnt it!

What a 99 should be!

Cooking/Fletching is just such a stupid 99 to get first - because it's cheep and easy! There are better 99's out there, put some effort in! FFS!!!!!!

F1p

99 Agility (14.2Mxp - Rank 793)

99 Attack

99 Crafting

Don't be a sheep and follow everyone else to get the most stupid, no effort 99 skill cape in the game.

Do something different! Work hard for your first 99! Enjoy it and feel like you earnt it!

What a 99 should be!

Cooking/Fletching is just such a stupid 99 to get first - because it's cheep and easy! There are better 99's out there, put some effort in! FFS!!!!!!

Don't be so ignorant and judgmental. I have the cooking cape, but I'm not stupid. I got it because I enjoy the skill, and I like the cape. I got it because I WANTED IT. It's really not that hard to let other people play the game how they want without calling their style stupid. I enjoyed getting 99 cooking, and I earned it. This is a game, so let him/her play how they want.

ON-TOPIC: I don't know the prices right now, but I did lobbies from 70-81, then swordies from 81-90, then monks from 90-94, and then sharks from 94-99. That was with the the cooking gauntlets. If you don't have them, get them! If you don't want to get them, then make sure you look at the fish guide, since you'll burn them if you take my route.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

As I've found out, the best XP for cooking is sharks after 94, when you don't burn them anymore. I could get around 250k xp/hr when I focused solely on cooking. Doing that for 6 hours a day would net you 1.5mil xp/day, times 7 is 10.5mil xp. You'd be close, but it would take a few more days :)

All that said, sharks are extremely cheap to do right now. You only lose 24gp/shark, and if you did them from 94, you would lose only 581k gp.

Up until that point, if you really want to go cheaply, do tuna. You lose 19gp/tuna. However, I'll warn you that it will be slower xp.

Btw u never stop burning sharks >.>

ihazcheese.png

ihazcheese.png

Btw u never stop burning sharks >.>

you don't burn sharks at 94 with gauntlets.

Fisher 4 lyfe.

tinyslamHYT.png

86,674 to 99 cooking

36,414 to 99 fishing! (7/31/10)

just to put it into perspective, it took me 2 and a half no life days to go 91-99, about 35-45 hours in total with sharks which at the time lost me 3m. I dont think there is even a logical way to get 99 from 70 in 42 hours for less than 1.2m

Y_Z.png

Since for some reason I can't quote, this is to F1P.To each their own. I must agree 99 mining ftw. I want that to be my first 99, only because I'll feel damn great when I get it. If he wants it, he wants it. If he feels achieved like your supposed too when you get a 99, cheers to him. Do a 99 because you love it.

GG.gif

remember to use cooking gauntlets... ;)

"just to put it into perspective, it took me 2 and a half no life days to go 91-99, about 35-45 hours in total with sharks which at the time lost me 3m. I dont think there is even a logical way to get 99 from 70 in 42 hours for less than 1.2m"

^ may I ask you how you manage to do that? I think it might help me on 99 mining...

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

Since for some reason I can't quote, this is to F1P.To each their own. I must agree 99 mining ftw. I want that to be my first 99, only because I'll feel damn great when I get it. If he wants it, he wants it. If he feels achieved like your supposed too when you get a 99, cheers to him. Do a 99 because you love it.

Honestly - i love you!

Quote of the year: "Do a 99 because you love it."

Don't get a 99 because you just want a skill cape......That's what is wrong with people!!!!

Do it because you love it!

F1p

99 Agility (14.2Mxp - Rank 793)

99 Attack

99 Crafting

• 1 month later...

Honestly - i love you!

Don't get a 99 because you just want a skill cape......That's what is wrong with people!!!!

I agree completely. As a pyromaniac(well lover of fire anyway), I chose my first skillcape to be firemaking; HOWEVER even though cooking and fletching have relatively very little effort, they are by no means effortless. I also enjoy cooking in real life, and while in game its not nearly as rewarding, It will trim my firemaking cape. Thats why I am getting it.(next i will do strength, agility, fishing or magic... I am unsure as to which one at the moment.)

Honestly - i love you!

How about "Stay on topic"? Yeesh.

Anyway, a week is unreasonable. Cooking isn't that fast. Sharks are a pretty efficient method for training, though, so those are probably your best bet.

Also, I would add that Thieving is about equal in speed with cooking and costs no money to train at all, and the cape (trimmed) looks a lot cooler IMO.