LAN Parties

RSBDavid

Hello and welcome to the thread on LAN Parties. I felt this would be the best area to post this thread.

Ok, you may be wondering what a LAN party is. A LAN party is basically where you and a few friends get together and play games. Most people have already experienced one probably.

My first experience was when Halo 3 came out. Around seven friends and I went and bought Halo 3, skipped school, and played Halo 3 at one of the guy's basment with a system link for 14-15 hours.

There are large-scale LAN parties out there like:

DreamHack:

Official Website

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHYDgZyQCHs&feature=related

Dreamhack is one of the worlds largest LAN parties held in Jönköping, Sweden. Over 10,000 people attended this event. It is sponsered by companies such as Intel, Cisco, and Norton. They have a 40GB internet connection!

Multiplay UK

Official Site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EWklyg-42g

This LAN party is located in Newbury Racecourse in the UK.

For my 19th Birthday, I had 20 friends over and we played LFD2 and CODMW2 as well as halo. We had pizza and a lot of energy drinks. I managed to rent a conference room which had enough room with some to spare.

So now it is time for you to post your LAN party experiences.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I was my high school's computer club head and we had LAN almost every meeting. But because of funds and no pirated games were allowed, we had to play old games like starcraft and open source games. Every year we would try to host a larger event and it is a blast to have 30+ people shouting at each other over video games.

All in all,a great experience. :)

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I only ever seem go to small LAN parties, last weekend was the first time I went to a LAN that didn't have the same people. I didn't make a good impression by forgetting a powerboard and ethernet cable, but I didn't get much sleep the night before. It was great though, always love LANning. Might have a large LAN for my 18th....

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I've been to like one, which had about 8ish people. We played Brawl, Halo, a tonne of random RTS games, which eventually culminated in bouts of rage (Christ, Total Annihilation is boring ._.), and then we cooled down w/CoD and Counterstrike. And spent the rest of the night drinking, talking and browsing ze internets. Jolly good stuff.

LANs are a great opportunity for a massive nerd out. >:3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I've been to around three medium sized LANs (150 - 200 people), and then a whole bunch of smaller ones (20 - 45 people).

I'm probably going to be attending this LAN though:

http://www.lanpartye...ents/details/76

L4D survivor ftl.

I've only ever been to one LAN, which was just between me and a bunch of friends. It lasted 2 and a bit days and we played WoW, CoD4, GW and a bit of IWBTG. I was the only one to get passed the 2nd boss, was epic racing through that on Very Hard mode! This is a must with a friend LAN. Someone bring I Wanna Be The Guy on an external hardrive and give it to everyone, let everyone set their controls, put the game on Medium if you've all never played it before and the person to get the furthest after however long it takes for you to get bored wins.

Was fun learning GW with the "experts". My friends are the ones who created Ride the Lightning and were top in the world for a bit.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

My school's computer club host one or two every year, we play in the library. You can bring your computers, 360's, ps3's, whatever you want, so long as it's not pirated. There is an area dedicated to just people bringing in their computers, and we use the school's computers as well. We usually bring halo 3, call of duty 4, stuff like that for the 360's though. We hold tournaments and stuff, $1 slices of Papa Murphy's pizza and 25 cent pop. It usually lasts for 12 hours, and then there's a big clean up at the end. We were playing Halo, Infection on Sandtrap, and it was my partner and I vs.... 12 'zombies', and we had hammers. He splits off from me for some reason and dies, so I'm the last one left. There were a lot of dunes blocking my sight, so I jump up and saw a few running towards me, jump again saw ALL of them coming towards me, and when they finally got to me, I killed about 7 of them before they killed me. Was epic. :thumbup: The zombies had no shields, and were super fast. Everyone was screaming. Fun fun.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I have never been to a commercially organized, or educationally organized LAN. All mine have been private BYO whatever.

The only rule was no unknowns unless multiple people could vouch for them. The only unspoken rule was that you have to provided at least one multiple game to play during the LAN.

If you didn't provide one, you best find one as soon as you were setup at where ever the event was.

Never been to one but would love to attend i39 for some Halo xD. Playing on an American connection all the time when your drop UK is a huge disadvantage..and American's can never realise just how bad it is =p.

136 Combat :: Jjozzie :: 2000 Total

99 Slayer - 99 Summoning - 92 Herblore - 82 Prayer

64m Attack - 25m Strength - 17m Defence - 20m Range - 44m Hp - 20m Magic

:: Bandos ::

*Solo* - 3 Hilts - 2 Chestplates - 2 Tassets - 1 Boots - 6 Shards

*Duo - 8 Hilts - 6 Chestplates - 6 Tassets - 4 Boots - 14 Shards

I have never been to a commercially organized, or educationally organized LAN. All mine have been private BYO whatever.

The only rule was no unknowns unless multiple people could vouch for them. The only unspoken rule was that you have to provided at least one multiple game to play during the LAN.

If you didn't provide one, you best find one as soon as you were setup at where ever the event was.

Private BYOs are the best in my opinion, you know everyone so it removes the awkwardness, there's always enough food and everyone finds out ahead of time what games people will be bringing to share.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!