New style of sigs?

armageddan

ok so in school we're learning about cubism... so i decided to make a pixel based off it. and this is what i came up with armageddanpoons0ia.png

i know it isnt as creative as it could have been but they are fun to make and they look a lot different then other sigs ive seen.

its just something new. :-D

-Arm

It's very original so it scores in my book but your piece of work there could use alot of tiny changes that could really help. The colour scheme is really random and it is quite hard to see how everything is. Maybe outline it is one change that could make it more appealing.

I am all for Originality, I am just to lazy to try it

deadforumslol.png

in my opinian its not very nice, it's a bit wierd also, the "man's" head is a bit messed up, thats what i think...

The name's Bee Keeper0 not BeeKeeper0!

Boom chi boom boom chi boom boom chi boom boom chi...

Um, thats not cubism

Cubism is using patterns and squared off shapes etc and re-arranging parts of an image in a seemingly random order so it is near (if not totally) impossible to see what it is.

Early cubism was juts squaring off, but cubism how it is now is not that.

1 of 3 projects required for my art gcse was cubism ;)

but still quite a nice effect

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nice to see some change in the usual work on these boards. Clean colours, but the random details, like on the spider thing under the runeguy mess up with the otherwise nice collection of big shapes. It might not be real cubism or whatever, and he may fail art school, but those are really pointless comments. This is not art school, but an art section of a gamesite. Get real.

Keep the experimenting up.

moonmx8.png

"Do you really know me? I might be a God."

Well, at first i'd like to say that's it's nice to see "new stuff" going on on these boards.

Anyway i think you just made the first step towards an interesting product.

As it is now it looks to much like a blocky version of a simple pixel sig.

This might be allright alone, but won't stand out as a "new style" since it looks kinda cheap.

If you realy like cubism you should think at it this way.

Let's say you wanna draw a cube. Normaly you'll be able to show only up to 3 faces of it, right ? How could you show the whole faces of that cube ?

The answer was given by cubism. What they do is actualy "opening" the cube, put the 6 faces on the same plain (going from 3d to 2d basicaly), and rearrange them with a specific pattern. That's why in cubism it's easy to see a human figure whose face is both seen frontal and from the side, on the same head.

As you can see that's pretty different from making anything on it blocky.

Hope you get what i mean.

It's okay for a start, but it's still in an early stage of course. Also for the forms you used in your signature the spider web, detail on the spider and detail on the skeleton don't really look in place.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

If you have to use Mspaint or something, atleast do manual antialiasing. This looks a little stylistic, but mostly poorly drawn. If you were to take even more liberties with form and not clutter it so much (while making everything smoother with antialiasing) I'd say it'd be very sigworthy.