Intrest check - Hegemony

VEGHATERMEATLOVER

Proposal

This is a new idea I had which would cease a lot of the "omg! thats impossible" arguments. It will make a lot of people happier as they are not really into the sci-fi genre and will as a whole overall good. My idea is that the hegemony restarts. Everybodys civilisations will be gone, everyones techs will be gone and we start from 2009 (or I like the idea of something like before christ) and research things from there. Aswell as that if we choose to go with an earlier time we will be able to completly change the worlds cultures and how it is. Or we could just restart from 2009.

The problem I see with this however is the fact that everyone will complain about losing there "hard earned country" but it will probably be for the better. Everyone will now be equal and it won't just be about who started first and who has researched the most over time, if we all start at the same time it will be more about who is the better tactician (like the arena, the arena - even though it doesn't have many limits it still has some interesting battle tactics which force people to lose)

If we all start from 2009 again we can make up history as we go, with all the right technology and no more of this 'impossible quantum babble' it will be easier to understand physics that we all understand without having to read through the internet. If we start in a BC time it'll be even easier and might be very fun - for example kidding people with a sort of false god and such. Even have a sort of battle system. like I was thinking this.

Def-

Atk-

Morale-

and they are all at 1 to whatever, but we must keep at a certian cap before we move into a new age. Taking all those figures into acount you could work out who's the most powerful by doing a simple gross score. Thats just an idea, i'm not to fond on confusing the hegemonys easy and casual gamplay.

Then we could have an easier money system in which we all use dollars or pound sterling or even better... use the '*' key to avoid confusion. And then with that we could have * represent an imaginary figure that is extremly high and changes over time to help us understand our ecenomy easier (like in our heads easy, not calculator easy) for example if Ross has 10* and Chris has 12* the amount of money changes in real life by a random number generator so we could still have the same amount of money but at different times we could buy more things with that. A non player could be trusted to use a random number generator to do that.

Anyway, the main suggestion is the restarting - what do you think?

And it could be Aswell as the current hegemony or just in the normal Hegemony.

meatlover.png

Could be cool to run two...but I think nation creation is basically what you are suggesting.

If you wanted to do something like this you would need to make things really simple, which would mean everyone who have to be basically on the same page. It would also limit the game serverly.

Basically hegemony is too complex for casual gameplay because people have been playing it for sooooooo long. Which is what would eventually happen here too.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Yes, I was thinking a sort of 1* = 1b but that changes over time to become greater or stronger depending on the world ecomony.

It would limit the game slightly in terms of technology but in a sense it wouldn't. People could make new war-machines instead of just researching bigger and badder plasma laz0r's.

The origional Hegemony started... I'm not sure because its locked and doesn't have the dates. but yeh, it was a long time away.

meatlover.png

Should be about 150 days ago, going from the front page of Hegemony V2 with the date....

Changing the value of * would just make things too complicated...better to just keep it as a fixed sum and introduce a new currency every so often like the & or the @ which would be multiples of 1000 of the other one...so 1000* would be 1@. That way there would not be insane figures floating around.

When Hegemony V2 ends out of people quitting (it looks like its gonna happen at some point, its a matter of will) I plan on re doing the traditional Hegemony, only on Facebook with some of my real life friends. Should be fun. But until then I'm sticking to V2. I've already invested SOOO much time into it, I'm not just gonna restart/quit.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

That's exactly what I'd do. If we were in WWII era warfare, I'd dedicate my country to war and wipe the floor with the enemy. At that point we'd already have supersonic airplanes, nukes and advanced war tactics. It would be fun, but we already would know what mistakes not to make.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Too bad only dusty and I have Rome total war :(

If more people had it we could start an epic game.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Everyone will now be equal

Communist

But I don't like the idea of restarting yet. At this point, I've only built up enough cash to start some real projects to actually have fun with. So maybe later, but not for a while.

Original Hegemony started on July 26th. Lets just play until interest dies, then figure out what to do from there. Or, perhaps do the following: We stay at our current year ingame, with all the technology (minus space stuff, atleast no interstellar travel), and then we only have one country (for me, Brazil). We keep our average income, and all that, but keep a reasonable population (perhaps 400 million for me. Maybe more). We also keep any improvements we've made to our current country in the game so far.

So all alien races would have to become human (sorry) and pick a country. They could keep basic equivalents of their technology though. If that all makes sense.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Too bad only dusty and I have Rome total war :(

If more people had it we could start an epic game.

I have it too. Just started playing today - I have a Latin project due sometime soon about the Roman army so I figured I might as well. Fun, except it insists on crashing at the end of the prologue, though I haven't bothered trying the real campaign yet.

I also have Civ4. Now that's fun, and I have like 500+ hours logged on it. :thumbup:

As for the actual topic, I don't really care and I haven't paid attention the Hegemony much since I left. When we were thinking up ideas for Kingdoms though, I believe there were some people (uh...maybe me? I don't remember lol) who liked the idea of having a Hegemony-esque game, simply in a different time period. Sounds like what this is suggesting. I guess it could work if people got into it as much as they got into Hegemony.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I have Medeival 1 and 2 Total War. And Total War games would be an awesome way to simulate battles....

Is anyone else thinking what I am thinking?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Too bad you might be the only other one on this forum that has Medieval 2 besides me :(

Do you have the kingdoms expansion?

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I do. Greek firethrowers are the shiznit.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

I have medieval 2 total war.

Anyways, I disagree with Doom's idea on the premise that I can't be an alien race. Imagine it, the Lichten Republic of Japan!

Pearl Harbor would be Lichten submarines attacking outdated US battleships! :)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yeah, that would still be fair...Could have some kind of huge ender event where subspace stopped working, all the colonies were cut off and Earth was left alone...maybe Earth and Mars....

Anyone else noticed that Interest is spelt incorrectly?

Yeah, that would still be fair...Could have some kind of huge ender event where subspace stopped working, all the colonies were cut off and Earth was left alone...maybe Earth and Mars....

Anyone else noticed that Interest is spelt incorrectly?

Yes. But I've been rather rude to Hex lately, so I decided to let him off easy for once.

[/hide]

We should play an everyone against me game, where I have a powerful army defending a citadel with cannon towers. :thumbsup:

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Tsk, tsk. I suggest that those who have kingdoms (Retech and Ttant) be on tomorrow for an epic battle :D

We should play an online battle, using the crusades campaign since that one has some pretty epic units. I am free later tomorrow, usually when you guys are on, so we could start a battle then. Make sure that you get a gamespy id so you can log in, and make sure that your firewall isn't blocking multiplayer.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Can you post something on one of these forum threads? I don't check Med 2 too often. My user is Retech btw.