Dragonfire shield

Anon523

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me the lower combat levels mainly are defending the DFS, and the higher combat levels are either admitting that they like it for its looks, even though they know it isn't better than a defender, or are saying they like the strength, and it has other uses. Gee, I wonder whom to trust on this one.

Anyway, defender wins hands down for slayer. Except for dragons of course. I wouldn't buy a DFS personally, I would either just get a BSS or buy another spirit shield of some type again. Now, there are some uses for slayer, such as if you have really low defense, but it isn't worth buying just for those cases. Use guthans in that case, or just bank.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

People wear dfs cause the +2 bonus is better than a defenders accuracy bonuses for high levels. They almost never miss on most creatures, so accuracy isn't needed.

The 2 more str isn't better then the bonus of the defender. If you've been paying any attention to this thread you would have known that. Me, along with others near/at maxed stats, know that the Defender is better then a DFS.

What stonewall337 posted summed up this entire topic in one post. The DFS has its uses, but not in slayer and other places you can get a shield that works just about the same at 1/10 of the price.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

People wear dfs cause the +2 bonus is better than a defenders accuracy bonuses for high levels. They almost never miss on most creatures, so accuracy isn't needed.

The 2 more str isn't better then the bonus of the defender. If you've been paying any attention to this thread you would have known that. Me, along with others near/at maxed stats, know that the Defender is better then a DFS.

What stonewall337 posted summed up this entire topic in one post. The DFS has its uses, but not in slayer and other places you can get a shield that works just about the same at 1/10 of the price.

I did read and I don't agree. I don't hit 0s so i don't need the defender, albeit I do agree the +2 str may be negligible, depending on your current strength bonus.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

I did read and I don't agree. I don't hit 0s so i don't need the defender, albeit I do agree the +2 str may be negligible, depending on your current strength bonus.

Thats obviously a lie, everyone hits a 0. I got 99 attack and i still hit 0's. I know people who have tested it out and using the Defender in training gets higher exp/hr rates then using a DFS.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I knew I shoulda edited; yes I hit 0s on chickens, albeit rare. There's a point where you won't hit many at all though, depending on the creature.

Thats obviously a lie, everyone hits a 0. I got 99 attack and i still hit 0's. I know people who have tested it out and using the Defender in training gets higher exp/hr rates then using a DFS.

Well yeah, but there's a point you hardly will, depending on the creature.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

Well yeah, but there's a point you hardly will, depending on the creature.

Even though you "hardly miss", you will still hit less with the defender. The increase in damage of one less "0" is far superior to an increase in 0.1 of your average hit that the extra 2 strength gives.

Also, you're telling me you own a DFS to kill things like goblins and cows? Get real, people buy it because they think the 37m price tag means it's good for everything.

Sorry, but that's false.

If you're a high level slayer, there are monsters you will hit 0s on a bit. Even at 99 Attack.

+2 Strength is barely anything, sure, there are some weak tasks, but if you're at the point of using Duradel/Lapalok or Kuradal, then there's going to be a lot of harder tasks where the slash bonus (most slayers use a slashing weapon) is more of a help then a +2 to your current strength bonus.

Hell, I found myself frequently 3/4 hitting Gargoyles in Kuradal's Cave (with Ferocious Ring), yet, I wouldn't trade a defender there for a Dragonfire Shield, I actually gave away backup food (can't rely on a Bunyip too much) just to make space for drops, though to be fair, I don't alch and had 2 Mauls, 3 Mystic Tops and 2 Rune Fulls. Infact, the only time I don't reccomend a defender is on prayer tasks, where the Falador Shield 3 is a greater advantage.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198