Dragonfire shield

Anon523

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being able to kill dragons without the use of a shield and anti-fire potions? Yes i call that very useful. Also the Extreme Attack/Strength/Defense also come in handy for bosses and normal slaying.

Killing dragons isn't even that important though, and you can already just use dfs+antifire pot.

Mithril, Steel, Iron dragons, the KBD. Using that potion and a better weapon, such as the Zammy Spear, would make killing them a lot easier. Also able to use a GS on them and not have to worry about getting burned.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Do the new updates make iron and steels worth unblocking? Still have high defense and whatnot..

And whip is better than zs on those 2 (or so I read). Even if gs/zs are better, I doubt it warrants all that money in herblore.

KBD is mostly useless..

Still not seeing how super antifire is useful.

Do the new updates make iron and steels worth unblocking? Still have high defense and whatnot..

And whip is better than zs on those 2 (or so I read). Even if gs/zs are better, I doubt it warrants all that money in herblore.

KBD is mostly useless..

Well you read wrong then, the Metals are all weak to stab, so the ZS makes killing them a lot easier. Tbh this thread is about whether the DFS was worth it, and what most said it wasn't. The money was better off put on skills, such as herblore and prayer, to make doing tasks easier.

And irons were worth doing before the update, steels are better now after it. They aren't that hard to kill. Since i don't got 85+ herby i just use a LBS on them, it is the best 1 handed stab weapon.

To me it seems like you want to justify that something you can't get is useless without you being able to use it. They are a great tool to be used when slaying as well as regular monster hunting. Like i already said the Extreme potions are great to use for tasks as well as doing bosses.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

KBD is mostly useless..

Well you read wrong then, the Metals are all weak to stab, so the ZS makes killing them a lot easier. Tbh this thread is about whether the DFS was worth it, and what most said it wasn't. The money was better off put on skills, such as herblore and prayer, to make doing tasks easier.

And irons were worth doing before the update, steels are better now after it. They aren't that hard to kill. Since i don't got 85+ herby i just use a LBS on them, it is the best 1 handed stab weapon.

To me it seems like you want to justify that something you can't get is useless without you being able to use it. They are a great tool to be used when slaying as well as regular monster hunting. Like i already said the Extreme potions are great to use for tasks as well as doing bosses.

I have enough to buy the herb levels, I just don't think I'd use super antifires much at all.

What tasks would you block over irons/steels?

Right now i have Hellhounds and Kalphites blocked. Idk what, if i put anything, in the other 2 spots.

GWD:

Defence bonusses, and higher strength bonus.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Irons are actually very quick if you have super antifire and extremes. I just did 89 in about 45 minutes.

How do super antifires make it any quicker?

It allows you to use a Zamorakian Spear. This is a stabbing weapon. Dragons are weak to stab. Therefor it is more accurate than a whip, and still hits in the same region. So obviously you would kill them faster, being able to hit them nearly every time.

I don't understand what's so hard about this?

Sumondskull6.png

I find DFS useful for tanking dust devils and fire giants in the chaos tunnels with a combat familiar rather than having to use a bunyip (not just the defence but the strength is better because these monsters have no defence). It's also great for range slaying and is the best shield for dragon killing (with the new potions, if they run out you die). My sister range slayed to 99 range and had to make do with a rune kiteshield on most tasks - a DFS would be an obvious replacement here.

I bought mine 20m while they were still drops in PvP and don't sell because I'll always find uses for it and want to buy it again. :P If you can afford it you might as well get it because it's the best item in the shield slot for if you need defence without paying billions.

Places people use DFS the most are at hellhounds (they hit hard), Armadyl GWD (probably the biggest use of the shield I've seen) and 75 defence pures. :P

imagangster.png

Irons are actually very quick if you have super antifire and extremes. I just did 89 in about 45 minutes.

How do super antifires make it any quicker?

Did you not read anything that i posted? Using the Super antifires let you use better weapons to kill then. If you can use better weapons it means you can kill them faster then if you had to use a shield. Even if it is a DFS, the ZS does better then a whip+DFS.

GWD:

Why can't you use zs/normal antifire then?

You will get horribly burnt from their dragonfire in the time you take to kill them. Thats why people still use a shield when fighting them.

GWD:

People tend to buy the shield for looks and the fact that like 75% of the people in this game are focused on strength bonus for everything. I have no idea why anyone would buy one for slayer.

IMO dfs is very unneeded and unnecessary for slayer tasks, the only way I'd buy one would be after I finish leveling every skill that helps me in combat that requires money to level(prayer, herblore, summoning). Otherwise I don't see the point in buying a highly overpriced shield basically for the looks and the +2 extra strength bonus which is very insignificant compared to the higher accuracy a rune defender gives you. This is similar to the strength ammy vs. glory/fury thing, strength ammy has higher strength bonus than both but does that make it better? No. Then people will say the defense bonuses of the shield are needed. For slayer I have yet to see a task that I actually needed more defence than a rune defender with good armour has.

That's just my opinion on the shield, and the only reason I have that opinion is the ridiculous cost for it makes people buy it just so they look rich/cool. I guess I just think practically instead of how I look.

The defense is useful for bossing.

His question was why do people use them for slayer.

His question was why do people use them for slayer.

And you replied that a reason is aesthetics, to which I replied, there are other reasons to buy it (like bossing).

It's cool how you read just the first sentence of what I said. The entire paragraph was about using it for slayer.

It's cool how you read just the first sentence of what I said. The entire paragraph was about using it for slayer.

So I should only read parts of what you say, k.

That's exactly what you did, you read the first sentence only. I'm not saying read just the paragraph I'm saying you should read the whole thing instead of the first sentence. Read entire things before you reply to them not just the first sentence.

Please explain to me where I ever said read parts of it btw or just stop replying to things I said if you don't understand them. :thumbdown:

That's exactly what you did, you read the first sentence only. I'm not saying read just the paragraph I'm saying you should read the whole thing instead of the first sentence. Read entire things before you reply to them not just the first sentence.

Please explain to me where I ever said read parts of it btw or just stop replying to things I said if you don't understand them. :thumbdown:

How do the other contents of your make your first sentence valid? They don't, your first and last paragraphs were incorrect generalizations. Learn to use logic!

Whooooooooooooo geeeeeeeeeeeeveessssssssss aaaaa craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap..

A shield is a shield and a defender is a defender. People have their own conscious thoughts, feelings and emotions. This is called freedom of choice. People are entitled to their own opinions and actions and they suffer the consiquences of either one. Whether good or bad.

Both "Shields" are acceptable and to be honest (which this is myyyyy opinion) the Dragonfire Shield iiiiissssss decent but i seem to now think people see it as almost a Status Icon; being 35M for a shield it is a helluva lot more common as the Spirit Shields and packs a good punch. But the unusual price can kind of come at a cost of a large portion of your money that you could easily save and build up.

If your a mean Dragonhunter; say going for a Visage drop yourself (via melee), then the DFS can help you a lot with a BETTER Strength bonus and all round great defence and attack bonuses.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

How do the other contents of your make your first sentence valid? They don't, your first and last paragraphs were incorrect generalizations. Learn to use logic!

There I took the first and last paragraphs out so people like you don't get overwhelmed and confused by more than one paragraph. Seriously though who are you to say that those are incorrect? I'm not saying they are I'm just saying that from almost everyone I've asked why they bought the shield most of them said for the looks.

I'm not replying to anymore of your posts because I can see that you won't give up on finding a way to find something wrong with what I said.