Blink 182 Greatest Hits

bloodkilla87

The closest best buy to me is 35 minutes away. Wal-Mart is the closest store.

Or, order it from amazon?

Id much rather drive for 35 minutes, then wait 8 weeks for Amazon. (Last CD I ever buy online...)

Meh, true but there's no rush to get a CD that I own all the tracks off anyway, it's just for collection purposes.

Guest andyizcool
Ah, so youre more or less saying "This is my expert opinion, listen to me or youre wrong"... :roll:

What you hate may be what some people like. Maybe I like... Power chords with an extra string added in...

Argh..... NO!

It's just my opinion sorry, you're not wrong neither am I. I know everyone has their own opinions. I just wanted to point out something. At least Green Day have the nice punk vocals. It's just what music I prefer and it's a very strange mix if you look at it in depth.

Ah, so youre more or less saying "This is my expert opinion, listen to me or youre wrong"... :roll:

What you hate may be what some people like. Maybe I like... Power chords with an extra string added in...

Argh..... NO!

It's just my opinion sorry, you're not wrong neither am I. I know everyone has their own opinions. I just wanted to point out something. At least Green Day have the nice punk vocals. It's just what music I prefer and it's a very strange mix if you look at it in depth.

Ah, my bad. I mistaked opinion with preference. Just take my replies, and switch out the word opinion with preference :lol:

The closest best buy to me is 35 minutes away. Wal-Mart is the closest store.

Or, order it from amazon?

Id much rather drive for 35 minutes, then wait 8 weeks for Amazon. (Last CD I ever buy online...)

Meh, true but there's no rush to get a CD that I own all the tracks off anyway, it's just for collection purposes.

SAY WHAT, I CAN'T SEE CABBAGE CAPT'N.

:D I'm joking.

I never buy anything online that's like so close to me. I trust myself more than the mailman oO

Atticux, why the hell do you post in freaking small letters. It's like you're * whispering.

I hate people who think they're hardcore because they don't like mainstream bands.

You're such a moron. I hate people that think they're hXc because they openly listen to mainstream. Actually just you, because you put two random points together and applied it to one perosn. Which made no sense at all.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Sure, Blink was a big mainstream hit but sometimes you can't help it. They made awesome songs that were suitable and played. If you really think about it you could take a brand new band who plays really good music. If you were in this band and someone asks to play your song on the radio because they like it are you going to say "No, People will hate it for being Mainstream"..If so well then your the idiot who is in the music scene to be "hardcore"

I don't know about anyone else but if it happened to me I would say yes because I would prefer to know my music is like.

Now to the Original Topic Discussion, I have always Hearted Blink. They have some really great music and this CD will be a buyer for me. Greenday used to be awesome but they are on the bands Radio destroys.

deadforumslol.png

I personally don't like Blink 182, Green Day or any of this other pop-punk stuff, but I thought I'd say a couple of things.

Granted, a band becoming a lot more popular doesn't mean they suck. Muse's popularity sky-rocketed after the release of Absolution, but many people seem to consider that their best album. Nine Inch Nails became a lot popular with The Downward Spiral, Tool with Aenema, Deftones with White Pony, Faith No More with The Real Thing and Alice In Chains with Dirt -- that doesn't mean they're selling out or even going mainstream. Many of those examples contain excellent musicianship, production, lyrics and just the music in general.

Additionally, just because a band releases a "Greatest Hits", that doesn't mean their mainstream. It could just be a compilation CD. "Greatest Hits" could describe what the artists themselves think is a collection of the best work they've put out.

I like Blink 182 and they're apparently mainstream so I don't think I'm hardcore hating mainstream. I'm not trashing Green Day because I love their old classics and Boulevard of Broken Dreams but the rest of the American Idiot album isn't that good. If you play guitar you'll know how easy power chords are and I don't think that makes a good song. You'll also see their solos are just the power chords with an extra string added in or something like that. Green Day were good now they're average I'm not saying they're crap or anything.

Interesting you should say that about Green Day's guitar ... yesterday, my teacher gave me the tabs to Holiday. It's piss easy. And I hardly call that thing a solo.

I got most of the Blink 182 albums so I see no point buying a whole new album just for one or two new songs.

Like most people I like the earlier music of both Blink and Greenday and find that the newer stuff isn't so good. Probably because the older stuff is what I grew to like from them and when they changed styles, you relate it to the older stuff and it doesn't seem as good. But hey, it's still pretty good. :wink:

Additionally, just because a band releases a "Greatest Hits", that doesn't mean their mainstream. It could just be a compilation CD. "Greatest Hits" could describe what the artists themselves think is a collection of the best work they've put out.

To be fair, Tom and Mark had no say in the Greatest Hits and if you read the booklet Tom only thanks his fans, so it's clear Tom had hardly any say in that. Besides, they're all singles anyway like most band's 'Greatest Hits'.

Like most people I like the earlier music of both Blink and Greenday and find that the newer stuff isn't so good. Probably because the older stuff is what I grew to like from them and when they changed styles, you relate it to the older stuff and it doesn't seem as good. But hey, it's still pretty good.

Yeah that's true, Buddha, Cheshire Cat and Dude Ranch contain their best work.

I hate people who think they're hardcore because they don't like mainstream bands

Well yeah...I hate you but i dont spam it on forums ,!, :D

Just joined forums and you already hate someone? 1 post, and it is in the Blink 182 thread? Looks to me like someone made a new forum account, just to show hate toward ShadowFaxPZ :?

I hate people who think they're hardcore because they don't like mainstream bands

Just joined forums and you already hate someone? 1 post, and it is in the Blink 182 thread? Looks to me like someone made a new forum account, just to show hate toward ShadowFaxPZ :?

Yeah, looks suspicious, I'd get a mod to check it out.

The funny thing is that if it was banned, the persons other Tip.It names would be banned too :lol: (Cant log in from your ip when banned)

Could be completely wrong, and it could be some new person... But I doubt it.

The funny thing is that if it was banned, the persons other Tip.It names would be banned too :lol: (Cant log in from your ip when banned)

What ya trying to say? It's me?

What ya trying to say? It's me?

No, lol. I would explain what I was trying to say, but I obviously didnt explain it too well the first time :lol: Im not accusing anyone, just generally speaking.

Atticux, why the hell do you post in freaking small letters. It's like you're * whispering.

I hate people who think they're hardcore because they don't like mainstream bands.

You're such a moron. I hate people that think they're hXc because they openly listen to mainstream. Actually just you, because you put two random points together and applied it to one perosn. Which made no sense at all.

I wasn't talking to him, you ignorant [bleep]. Read the damn thread before quoting me.

I really can't express how much I don't give a damn about you.

Who were you talking to then?

Did you just decide to say that for no reason at all?

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Not International Superhits since that was decent. This new one is called Bullet in a Bible and has the American Idiot singles on it live and stuff. They're becoming even more mainstream and profiting from it greatly, I hate bands who do that after being decent. As for Blink 182 they're classics.

Now, shut it.

Not International Superhits since that was decent. This new one is called Bullet in a Bible and has the American Idiot singles on it live and stuff. They're becoming even more mainstream and profiting from it greatly, I hate bands who do that after being decent. As for Blink 182 they're classics.

Now, shut it.

You were talking to Atticux previously.

I'm obviously not the only one who thought that.