Crimson Charms

Anon523

Hi.

I'm currently 81 summoning with enough charms for around 84 which I've obtained from Slayer(Level 91). I really want 96 slayer so I can use Unicorns for some slayer tasks and Pack Yaks banking ability in heaps of tasks to bank dragon bones/hides/herbs etc.

I can spend 70m on getting 81-96 summoning and get 99 mage in the mean time and have the ability to use Pack Yak from 91-99 Slayer.

OR

I can get 99 slayer and have enough charms for around 95 summoning, not have the ability to use a Pack Yak, wont get 99 mage and will be saving 70m.

What I think is spending the 70m on Rock Lobs since it'll get me 99 mage which is kind of an expensive skill and the use of Pack Yak from 91-99 Slayer will pay off the cost of 96 Summoning since I can bank from my familiar.

Also another idea: get 99 Mage by doing Rock Lobsters and get the remaining charms by doing Waterfiends(and save some money)

What do you guys reckon?

I like the idea of getting 99 magic on rock lobsters, and then slaying or going to waterfiends for the remaining charms.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

How many tasks do you get that Pack Yak is really good? I don't have a whole too many (I prefer Bunyip), but then again I'm a low slayer level. I'd just continue to do slayer unless you really want the Yak, and then get 99 mage.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I want Pack Yak for tasks such as Abberant Spectres, Black Dragon, Blue Dragon, Iron Dragon and Steel Dragon.

If you want the Yak, then I'd go with the others suggestions, burst/barrage until 99 mage, and then kill waterfiends the rest of the way to 96 summoning.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

For whomever asked:

I use Yaks for:

Black Dragons

Blue Dragons

Iron Dragons

Steel Dragons

Aberrant Spectres

What about at Dark Beasts? I hear they come in handy for holding extra potions or banking those herb and rune drops that you/we tend to get.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I got 88 recently (actually got 89 yesterday). I decided to replace my normal setup of 10% attack and strength and veracs/barrows with prossy and piety.

Now on a lot of tasks I'm not even using 5 scrolls which makes unicorn a massive over kill (I did a 250 great demon task in 1 sitting and was overhealed with there food drops and SGS, purely in prossy [rune defender+whip]).

So far the only tasks worthwhile have been Black Demons (tanking them with a cannon in traverly), Skeletal wyverns and Waterfiends

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I got 88 recently (actually got 89 yesterday). I decided to replace my normal setup of 10% attack and strength and veracs/barrows with prossy and piety.

Now on a lot of tasks I'm not even using 5 scrolls which makes unicorn a massive over kill (I did a 250 great demon task in 1 sitting and was overhealed with there food drops and SGS, purely in prossy [rune defender+whip]).

So far the only tasks worthwhile have been Black Demons (tanking them with a cannon in traverly), Skeletal wyverns and Waterfiends

Yes, the Unicorn is overkill for most slayer tasks. It is great however for boss hunting. Used often in SGW, BGW, ZGW and DKs for sure. Idk about AGW as i never been there so idk which familiar would be best to use there. But its pretty much an upgraded version of the Fruit Bat, but instead of having to eat the fruit you get healed instead.

Oh and the Unicorn is also good on Mithril Dragon tasks and Aquanites if you do them.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]