4x experience?

Imxset

I can't exactly help you because I haven't tested out the experience gains from the Penance Horn, as I haven't had the time yet, however, I will offer what I know about the items.

The SC Pickaxe can be wielded as a weapon, and gives 2x the experience as a Morphic tool, and the Penance Horn can be wielded as a shield, and gives 2x the experience as well. Items like these would normally stack, and thus give you the 4x experience. I believe this is the case because when observing SC tools and Brawler Gloves, when in the wilderness, you will gain 8x the experience.

So assuming that it is the same as the Brawlers+SC, then the SC Pickaxe and Penance Horn will stack as well. However, one thing to take into consideration is whether the Penance Horn is correlated with 'uses' or experience. If it's uses, then it will be just like Brawlers (Brawlers are used up after, for example, a certain amount of logs are burned). It it's experience, then each full Penance Horn will have a set amount of experience that it can gain, and that might not be stackable with the SC Pickaxe. I'm not saying that is the case, but it's a different case from Brawler Gloves then.

Now finally, if the two items do stack, then it realize that your SC Pickaxe will degrade twice as fast (same amount of experience per tool, in this case, they give 15-16k experience in Mining), so it will seem as if you need more Pickaxes. Just something to note.

I realize this does not completely answer your question, however, it gives you insight on the matter. I believe that they do stack to create 4x the experience. But sometimes Jagex can do weird things.

LMFAO, mining brawlers + BA horn + SC Pickaxe in wildy would be epic rofl.

16x the normal experience anyone? 560 experience per iron ore :P Although at that rate, it'd be better to mine the higher leveled rocks.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

no its 3x

Are you sure of this? I'm not denying that you could be right, but because of the correlation between Brawlers and SC Tools, I would presume it would end up being 4x the experience.

However, after thinking about it, I could see the sense in 3x the experience as well.

I should really just go test this out myself to find out :P

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Hmmm, as I read through Codguy's post it raised some good points.

I will eventually get to testing this out as soon as I play some games of Barb Assault.

I also agree that it should follow the brawlers+pickaxe stacking rule, but like you said, Jagex does weird things sometimes :P

24zzxw3.gif

I can't exactly help you because I haven't tested out the experience gains from the Penance Horn, as I haven't had the time yet, however, I will offer what I know about the items.

The SC Pickaxe can be wielded as a weapon, and gives 2x the experience as a Morphic tool, and the Penance Horn can be wielded as a shield, and gives 2x the experience as well. Items like these would normally stack, and thus give you the 4x experience. I believe this is the case because when observing SC tools and Brawler Gloves, when in the wilderness, you will gain 8x the experience.

So assuming that it is the same as the Brawlers+SC, then the SC Pickaxe and Penance Horn will stack as well. However, one thing to take into consideration is whether the Penance Horn is correlated with 'uses' or experience. If it's uses, then it will be just like Brawlers (Brawlers are used up after, for example, a certain amount of logs are burned). It it's experience, then each full Penance Horn will have a set amount of experience that it can gain, and that might not be stackable with the SC Pickaxe. I'm not saying that is the case, but it's a different case from Brawler Gloves then.

Now finally, if the two items do stack, then it realize that your SC Pickaxe will degrade twice as fast (same amount of experience per tool, in this case, they give 15-16k experience in Mining), so it will seem as if you need more Pickaxes. Just something to note.

I realize this does not completely answer your question, however, it gives you insight on the matter. I believe that they do stack to create 4x the experience. But sometimes Jagex can do weird things.

LMFAO, mining brawlers + BA horn + SC Pickaxe in wildy would be epic rofl.

16x the normal experience anyone? 560 experience per iron ore :P Although at that rate, it'd be better to mine the higher leveled rocks.

Even if the horn is based on "uses" (which I'm almost sure it's not), it would use up 2 "uses" at once if you have an SC item. Brawling gloves already do that.

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

Blah blah blah

Even if the horn is based on "uses" (which I'm almost sure it's not), it would use up 2 "uses" at once if you have an SC item. Brawling gloves already do that.

Yeah, I realized this shortly after.

And it is based off experience, from some things I have read on RSOF.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Seems as if the 3x is true then, combining SC Pickaxe and Penance Horn.

Well a SC Pickaxe lasts for approximately 15-16k experience, so if you get 420 experience per, that means it would last between 36-38 ores. That's pretty quick :ohnoes:

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Well a SC Pickaxe lasts for approximately 15-16k experience, so if you get 420 experience per, that means it would last between 36-38 ores. That's pretty quick :ohnoes:

If my calculations are correct, that's around 300k xp/hr.

Of course, you need 18 picks, which alone take 5 hours, plus however long it takes to get the horn.

In the end, it's probably not worth it.

Of course, you need 18 picks, which alone take 5 hours, plus however long it takes to get the horn.

Which makes it not 300k xp/hr. Math fail. :roll:

Which makes it not 300k xp/hr. Math fail. :roll:

<_<

It would be 50k an hour, excluding the time to get the horn. Which would then make that number even lower. Happy now?

You have to realize that usually, SC Tools and most probably the Penance Horn are meant to speed up the actual training of the skill, however, the overall time consumed to train the skill and get the right tools, will either be equal to or greater than you'd normally spend on the skill.

So, if that didn't make much sense, it is usually more time efficient to just train the skill without SC or probably the Penance Horn, due to the amount of time it takes to achieve those items, but it means you will be spending less time on the actual skill. This means that if you like to do SC or BA, and don't like training the skills, it is more efficient for you. So, people ask if it's worth it? It's worth it if you enjoy BA or SC, and dislike the skill.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Not an answer but it's still relivent, I've been told a full master horn lasts 900k experience (450k bonus experience), and ape atoll is 45-50k xp an hour. So at ape atoll it's saving 10-9 hours of agility per full horn. Obviously with higher xp/h courses you would be saving less time. I'm still filling up my horn (currently "arround two thirds") so I cant confirm if it's 900k though. Even if it does take me longer to fill it up than it saves (I haven't been keeping track of the number of queen runs I've done) BA is still much more enjoyable than agility.

quit

Not an answer but it's still relivent, I've been told a full master horn lasts 900k experience (450k bonus experience), and ape atoll is 45-50k xp an hour. So at ape atoll it's saving 10-9 hours of agility per full horn. Obviously with higher xp/h courses you would be saving less time. I'm still filling up my horn (currently "arround two thirds") so I cant confirm if it's 900k though. Even if it does take me longer to fill it up than it saves (I haven't been keeping track of the number of queen runs I've done) BA is still much more enjoyable than agility.

And keep in mind you don't need to fill it all the way to get the double xp. If you're leaving for farming runs and such regularly--and you should--it hopefully won't matter all that much if it isn't 100% filled.

• 4 months later...

Stealing creation pickaxe = xp + 100%

Penance horn = xp + 100%

So...

SC pick + penance horn = (xp + 100%) + (xp + 100%)

xp + xp + 200%

xp + 100% + 200%

xp+ 300% <--- That's the xp you'll receive for them together

Simple math always helps :D

Exemple:

On concentred gold, you receive 65xp per ore. If you are using sc pick + penance horn:

65 + 300% = 260xp per ore

If there's any mistake, please report :x

[

Stealing creation pickaxe = xp + 100%

Penance horn = xp + 100%

So...

SC pick + penance horn = (xp + 100%) + (xp + 100%)

xp + xp + 200%

xp + 100% + 200%

xp+ 300% <--- That's the xp you'll receive for them together

Simple math always helps :D

Exemple:

On concentred gold, you receive 65xp per ore. If you are using sc pick + penance horn:

65 + 300% = 260xp per ore

If there's any mistake, please report :x

The problem comes from the fact that your innitial equations differ from Jagex's wording in the knowledge base (in face, I can't find a source for your info anywhere :S)

Exact quoted wording for each item

Morphic tool: You will earn double experience for using it

Brawling glove:quadrupling the amount you would normally receive.

Penance horn: you will automatically receive double the amount of XP

Now, looking at brawling gloves, the use of the word "normally" makes it very clear. Normally means without other bonuses such as sc items. However, the other 2 items simply double the xp. So, if the brawling multiplication is applied first (4x) then the penance horn doubles xp (8x) then the morphic tool doubles again (16x) you're looking at a massive difference from the standard +300% xp you talk about (although admittedly you weren't including brawlers).

Of course, this does not take into account the fact that the knowledge base is FULL of mistakes.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever