60-70 magic. Best way to train.

atticusako

Im trying to get my magic to lvl 70 except i dont know were to train effectively. Or what spells to use. Money isnt an issue as ive made plenty of money fishing sharks lately. I know its only 10 levels but i havent touched magic in a while and have prefered ranging of lately but i do want all 70 combat stats. Ive heard slayers not a good idea, is that true? Hope you guys can help as i then plan to go to barrows :) Thanks :)

Do all the quests which give magic exp first. There's quite a few and the rewards will all add up.

As for the other levels there not really any super fast methods until you get past 70.

Bake pie would be great if you could get hold of a lot of pies, otherwise alch+superheat would be the best.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If money is not a problem, then alching, or just casting the best combat spell you can would work great. Other than that... Nothing particularly fast. JoeDaStudd is right about doing all the quests you can that give magic experience. It helps.

Best of luck!

Ciao

If you want to know who I am, then just ask.

As a general rule of thumb, I believe that most humans are idiots.

Runescape players doubly so.

Great suggestion. I love the circus and it loves me as far as weekly chunks of magic experience go. :)

For some reason my magic level sort of takes care of itself in keeping up with other combat skills. I teleport everywhere and often. Also, charging air orbs is really good experience when you reach the level to do it. Use your explorer's ring every day for 30 free low-alchs. I use it on low-level unstrung bows and/or low level armour/weapons drops. Take high alch runes when you are training on something that drops items that are worth more than the price of a nature rune.

You will be surprised how quickly your level increases without having to grind it out.

I'd just grind 60-70 out with either alching or superheating.

Superheating iron will give slightly faster mage xp and smithing xp, but it will cost more (depending on what you alch) and you have to be at a bank the entire time.

Alching you can do anywhere. It might take a while to buy decent alchs, but it is a lot more laid back and it is easier to talk in between alchs.

Shaniqua.png

In the years i've been playing, ever since i got 55 mage, i've alched if i wanted to do any serous mage training.

Now I'm 90 mage, and i've alched at least 70% of it.

Thing with alching is, you can farm herbs along side of it to completely flop with how much you spend. Not to mention that if you happen to alch in the same spot(Mine is the cath. farming patch) you meet the same people over and over again, and can make friends.

And you can even talk while alching if you get used to clicking with your feet(Takes a while, but i got it down pat).

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

If you got the money, then alching. Just make sure you get the items wich profits you, so you won't loose to much. After 70, money is still pretty handy for other skills :mrgreen:

The circus, if done well, can earn me 20K each week...don't know if that's normal, but since you love the circus, and vice versa, free exp is the way to go :mrgreen:

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

If money isn't so important, I would suggest combat using the normal spell book.

Get yourself some sacred clay robes and go mage some monsters. Battle spells are auto castable so you won't need to click all the time unlike alching. Also SC robes doubles the XP of both the base XP and damage XP of the battle spell. Interestingly enough, in pest control, damage XP is cut in half during the mini game but not base XP when casting spells. SC robes will still double your base XP normally even in PC.

A lot of slayer monsters are magic based melee so mage robes gives defense agaisnt them too. Sure not as much as d'hides but I've always wondered why hides would be more resistant to magical forces compared to actual magical items.

Go to Gutanoth and safe spot blue dragons with mage while wearing sacred clay. Try Kalaphite Guardian. They're so big its difficult not to safe spot them and they have no mage defense. Use slayer dart on barrows. Your ammo recycles there with a chance of barrows armor drop.

Wait till you get the surge spells. It'll be easier from there.

My favorite "fun" way to train mage is by killing steel/iron dragons. It costs a bit of money, but in my opinion it's the least boring way to do it.

I personally can't stand any of the stand-in-one-place-clicking-repeatedly type methods, like alching or superheating, so if you're like me then combat spells are the way to go.

Like the poster above me said, sacred clay hats help cut the cost down a lot.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]