why did my maple long bow(u) and maple logs sell

lcchs

I came back to member after several months in f2p and i manage to sell 45k maple longbow(u) and 310k maple logs. What do people do with them, especially longbow(u). Im interested in maple logs too because i manage to sell the whole bunch in an instant.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

I came back to member after several months in f2p and i manage to sell 45k maple longbow(u) and 310k maple logs. What do people do with them, especially longbow(u). Im interested in maple logs too because i manage to sell the whole bunch in an instant.

The logs are decent gp/xp for firemaking.

Not sure about the bows.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

The logs are decent gp/xp for firemaking.

Not sure about the bows.

i know about the decent gp/xp for fm and fletching but they didnt use to sell at all.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Mobilising Armies minigame: Commodities & Investment Credits

Commodities:

Items you can trade in for Investment Credits

Investment Credits:

Currency of minigame that you need to play the minigame

FLETCHING COMMODITIES:

Bows (incl unstrung), arrows (incl fire and poisoned), arrow shafts, Ogre arrows and Brutals, Bolts (unf and finished), Crossbows (incl unf), Crossbow limbs, Stocks

Tip.it Mobilising Armies Guide:

http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=mobilising_armies.htm

As stated above the logs are good fm and fletch xp while the bows are used as junk for lending out items such as GS's,Sara swords,Bandos armor, ect.

You aren't supposed to buy junk, that would just defeat the purpose. You're just supposed to get junk from everyday runescapian business.

As stated above the logs are good fm and fletch xp while the bows are used as junk for lending out items such as GS's,Sara swords,Bandos armor, ect.

The bows are half decent to alch...

An unstrung maple longbow is half decent to alch? I can't get the math to work for that. 'Splain please.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Maple_longbow_(u)

* This item used to be regarded as junk before the Personalised Shops update in September 2009 which made the price crash from 140 gp each to a stable price of around 70 gp each making it a good item to cast High Level Alchemy on.

* This item can be invested in the minigame Mobilising armies. Each piece is exchanged for 17 investment credits

* Stringing this item and selling it in the Grand Exchange makes around 50 gp or more profit each so it is a good way to make money by fletching before level 70 Fletching when you can cut and string Yew Longbows.

I hope people grow up to become less lazy.

Defining Rune Pure

kisssigg.png

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Maple_longbow_(u)

* This item used to be regarded as junk before the Personalised Shops update in September 2009 which made the price crash from 140 gp each to a stable price of around 70 gp each making it a good item to cast High Level Alchemy on.

* This item can be invested in the minigame Mobilising armies. Each piece is exchanged for 17 investment credits

* Stringing this item and selling it in the Grand Exchange makes around 50 gp or more profit each so it is a good way to make money by fletching before level 70 Fletching when you can cut and string Yew Longbows.

I hope people grow up to become less lazy.

Sorry, still makes no sense to me in terms of using a nature rune to high-alch.

I don't understand your 'lazy' comment, either.

Hmm if someone buys junk is it still to be considered junk....

or does it actually have a real value attached to it now.

No, that's the point, it has no value, and you just spent money buying it.

If you bought junk off ge for lowest price then used as junk for mid price wouldn't you be profiting?

There are so many people dumping millions of junk items for lowest price, that you would never be able to sell for med.

If you bought junk off ge for lowest price then used as junk for mid price wouldn't you be profiting?

There are so many people dumping millions of junk items for lowest price, that you would never be able to sell for med.

Not on the GE, but you could trade it for mid price in trade as junk thus profiting?

JacTheRipper.png

Not on the GE, but you could trade it for mid price in trade as junk thus profiting?

Yea, but usually med price happens to be lowest price too. And besides, if it isn't, the difference is usually only 2-3 coins for junk items.

But a junk trade uses the GE-mid value to determine the trade limitations, so, you would make x gp per bow, where x=GE mid - GE low price.

It would decrease effectiveness of junk trading, but yes, you could make a profit doing that, especially if you used the junk for lending.

In regards to usefulness for high alching, I'll break it down. Each bow, according to current GE low price, can be bought for 95 gp. Each bow alchs for 192 coins. 192-95=97

A nature rune costs 239 at GE mid. 239-97=142. Using this method at current prices, you lose 142 gp per cast, a relatively low value compared to some other options for high alching, such as yew longs, which entail a cost of 168 gp per cast. I'm not up to date on the common items currently used to train magic through high alching, however, so I can't offer an opinion regarding whether the 142 is low or not. Also, the wiki article says maple longs(u) had stabalized at 70 for a while, meaning that the cost of the cast using current prices of nature runes would have been only 117.

Flyingjj.png

Maple Logs: Firemaking

Maple Longs (u): Mobilising Armies

As far as I know. Otherwise, why would an idiot go ahead and buy a maple longbow for training?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention