29-Jan-2010 - RuneScape Machinima Competition 2

Sea_dragon35

The contest is now...CLOSED! Can't wait to see them throw together the shortlist. Oh and this made me giggle:

We'll be posting details of the next stage in a few days once we've had chance to review the rest of the entries (we've made really good progress so far but we've still got hundreds more to check out and they're still coming in thick and fast).

Looks like that's my weekend taken care of. Spare a thought for us when you're out partying this weekend. :P

Taraa!

Paul M

Spending a weekend watching 30 second RuneScape machinima shorts...ouch :lol:!

I got mine in with 11 mins to go, I was refreshing World-Clocks website to make sure my house clocks weren't broken as I was uploading!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A wonderful entry! Mine was animation too but he has a great setting theatrical music and lots of action! ( you couldnt achieve this in regular RuneScape) why don't Jagex launch an animation competition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHGNtqbiAEM

Mine I didn't post yet is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwfoUAu4b5I

I'll continue to go through and find more, I have watched ALL entrys far bar the past.. 30 or so hours

I've personally liked the Ardougne video (the above poster) as well as the Wilderness Guardians clan video.

No offense, smelly, but the cartoon video with the Staff of Armadyl was kinda lame. The voice just sounds a little dorkish.

@Logdotzip, what was that song in your Ardougne video? I really liked it, and I'm wanting to know what song it was so I can download it.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Oh my Guthix smelly, i'm afraid of saying this, but you really crshed my expectation of your movie D:

It was not bad by any means, but i was expecting so much better, did you even advertise an item? :unsure:

The ardougne video as actually nice.

Oh my Guthix smelly, i'm afraid of saying this, but you really crshed my expectation of your movie D:

It was not bad by any means, but i was expecting so much better, did you even advertise an item? :unsure:

The ardougne video as actually nice.

I avoided the cliched order now, and as I said I'm not afraid to try something different the staff of armadyl was the item, it's pretty hard to advertise something different in 30 seconds "a pot, put stuff in it wear it as a hat" thousands of entrys like that, I'm open to criticism honestly, but as a first flash video (I do mean a first) it's honestly not that bad atleast it's not stickmen and I'm happy to have atleast attempted to try something out of the box so to speak then the typical "HAI BILLY MAYS HERE U WANT 3000GP I SELL U 4M!!".

I liked the end product though, concidering the past two days with camera panning I had limbs falling off the models, things bouncing around like they were made of rubber, and audio problems last minute, I started with 13 days to go, I had to build a fully working model of Lucien (go and try and draw a working Lucien limb for limb there's no good pictures of him and a direct copy of the runescape one is slightly unoriginal put a style on there that works for you) test it pivots properly make refinements the Lucien I made could actually do backflips but I could hardly say "Buy the Staff of Armadyl and do backflips" then there's Jad, the Wise Old Man, The Healers (couldn't fit them in for 30 seconds), the 4 Chickens (only put 3 in the animation), The Cow setting up the scene, lip syncing (takes a very long time) and actually animating, I think for the time period & the first video I've done in this software of a real animation really I've showed promise (I will probably make future ones for fun and I have some interesting ideas, atleast I won't be bound to a timeline).

I think this first attempt isn't bad, if I was to expand upon this I'd do multiple scenes (different camera angles) this was one scene so it didn't really have many variations, I was scared to draw a background for the reasons of well.. would Jagex accept it so I put a runescape video in the background which I honestly think make the video suffer, rigging the character in ways limbs don't fall off. for a learning process jumping in the deep end I'm glad I did, of course my friend did say when I made this unless I'm hitting hard the RuneScape Community won't appreciate animation they want childless humour and famous video makers...

The Wilderness Guardians HAS and I mean HAS to be top five, it's a huge commitment to do animation, frame by frame which he has, the thing that works for his entry is the contrast, you look at the start and the end. It starts quite tranquil eerie music, quite natural lava flowing, a spider crawling around it builds up from that moment, individual battles panning backwards (so the viewer is always on the backfoot and doesn't know whats coming) the perspective works well, the arrow flying at the camera etc, and ends with the players/warriors standing still at the corporeal beast which shows his power and it ends well with the big roar, quite alot for him to pull off for frame by frame, 25 frames a second for 27 or so? that's 675 hand-drawn frames.

atleast it's not a mindless entry of endlessly panning and zooming through scenes, the emotes one was different too.

@Logdotzip, what was that song in your Ardougne video? I really liked it, and I'm wanting to know what song it was so I can download it.

Not to sound mean because I know it is somewhat hard to see in the video, but the text moving at the bottom at the very beginning of the video tells you the song name. As for where I got it, I own the song, and I just spliced it up a little bit to fit into 30 seconds.

Winners have been announced

22-Feb-2010 16:06:35

Last edited on 22-Feb-2010 16:08:11 by Mod Hohbein Hi guys and gals!

This morning we sat down with the judging panel to decide our finalists. It took ages, but we've made our decision and have picked them. (they're awesome). We'll be launching the poll over the next couple of days, so keep your eyes peeled. blk.gif

Thanks so much for all of your entries, we've had a truly enjoyable couple of weeks reviewing them!

Cheers,

Hohbein

QFC 13-14-743-60247325 - last page

I know who the finalists are, but I cannot say. ;)

This morning we sat down with the judging panel to decide our finalists. It took ages, but we've made our decision and have picked them. (they're awesome). We'll be launching the poll over the next couple of days, so keep your eyes peeled. blk.gif

Thanks so much for all of your entries, we've had a truly enjoyable couple of weeks reviewing them!

Cheers,

Hohbein

Yup and santa claus is real

Cheers,

Hohbein

And Den isn't my baby daddy. :P

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Cheers,

Hohbein

You cheated on me? :o

Anyway, its only a waiting game now.

Cheers,

Hohbein

You cheated on me? :o

Anyway, its only a waiting game now.

I thought we were sating things that were ficticious? And yes, I did, but it was with a girl and I highly doubt she was the one that got me pregnant.

For anyone interest on how Den got me preggers, posting rules don't allow me to give you the details, but lets just say it involved alcohol, a cast iron skillet, and a lemur. :-#

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

My entry

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lBGSCGL2WU

Okay... slowly...

OMFG GRATZ ON LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's really the only one of the finalist I liked tbh

Wish the emote one was in it actually. I'd vote for that.

I'm going to have to go with #5. I like the voice talent. Although camel dung (#4) is a pretty brilliant idea.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg