New Cannon AI

Bladewing

I use a cannon for slayer. The cannon used to be able to shoot "backwards"; although it's a bit silly, it made the cannon incredibly useful for a task like Black demons. Because they are in single combat, the cannon can only shoot one monster at a time. By lining the demon so it's directly on top of the cannon, your cannon would shoot it eight times per full rotation.

The new AI makes the cannon only shoot in the direction it is facing. Although this has little impact on multicombat tasks like Aberrant Spectres or Dagannoths, it has a profound impact on Black Demons and Kalphites. Your cannon now only shoots three times per rotation at a perfectly placed black demon, and for Kalphites where the spawn is not quick enough to keep a large population in the room, your cannon just doesn't put out.

Bring back the old AI or speed up the rotation of the cannon.

They merely fixed a bug, it wasn't supposed to do things like this at all.

That was the way the cannon was, hardly a bug if it always worked this way. Sure the way the cannon works is more logical now, but it has lost some of its usefulness.

That was the way the cannon was, hardly a bug if it always worked this way. Sure the way the cannon works is more logical now, but it has lost some of its usefulness.

I agree. Wasn't broke, why fix it?

Pretty sure you don't get to decide what is a bug and what isn't, seeing as how you don't work for Jagex and I'm pretty sure that makes their opinion on what is an intended mechanic a lot more credible than your own.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

If it was a bug, why was the cannon like that when it was released?

Cause it was a bug...they didn't get it right the first time, so they fix it now. If they HAD gotten it right the first time, it wouldn't be a bug, it would just be the way the cannon worked.

Pretty sure you don't get to decide what is a bug and what isn't, seeing as how you don't work for Jagex and I'm pretty sure that makes their opinion on what is an intended mechanic a lot more credible than your own.

Of course, I was merely expressing my opinion and not stating it as a fact. There is no need to jump down my throat about it.

This was always the way the cannon worked, and hence why many of us thought it wasnt a bug. Regardless of it was a bug or not, the cannon is now less useful than it was before and I am sure not everyone is happy about this change.

I love slayer, use a cannon, and don't see why this is such a big deal. For black demons, just range them from a safespot with the cannon and the speed goes way back up, only difficult part is loading the cannon up in a way that you don't get hit.

Also, Kalphites are in multi-combat, so I don't see this as having that great of an effect on them.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

an intelligent cannon

sounds like a beauty and the beast deleted scene

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I used cannon on kalphites quite a while ago (like a year), and it was like how the OP described it. Used it recently, and it seemed a LOT faster. So... it's back to the way it was now? Ok. Whatever, that's cool.

You don't press the gas pedal in your car and go backwards.

I don't believe it was a glitch or a bug, but more one of those things that got buried under all the other things that needed to get done, and now that they found some time, they are making it more realistic, and, *gasp* logical!

I don't believe it was a glitch or a bug, but more one of those things that got buried under all the other things that needed to get done, and now that they found some time, they are making it more realistic, and, *gasp* logical!

Which pedal do you press to go backwards then? :P

77yLQy8.png

Which pedal do you press to go backwards then? :P

The point is a cannon doesn't and shouldn't ever shoot backwards.