Best bass player?

pegpenguin

John Entwistle is one of my heroes, cause he was a showman in there early days, but he opted for better playing than throwing stuff around and being big on stage, which I admire.

And as for that guy playing that YYZ line, he did really good! looks like he's playing an Ibanez SR506, and I love the SR series, so versatile and they just look sweet

One bass part that wets my pants every time I play it is the instrumental part in the middle of Powerslave by Iron Maiden starting at like 2:25. It's not too difficult to play, but it sounds amazing.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

John Entwistle is one of my heroes, cause he was a showman in there early days

He was a showman right to the end :D

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

I like bassists that aren't all too fast and show offy, their bass lines are usually simple, yet satisfying.

I.e. Jeordie White

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I think most (read: all) of you are talking about the wrong type of bass if you want to find the most epic player:

. This is just a random bass-player, but he has all those others beat by a LONG mile.

another random bass-player.

Sorry, your rock/pop/Jazz basists hve nothing on these guys technically, musically, improvisationally or any other way. They can do practically everything on the double-bass melodically, solistically and in other genres (just add distortion)

These guys are pretty good, but I'm not sure that I would say that Entwistle has nothing on these guys. Honestly, it's a whole different instrument really, these guys would not be able to play a bass guitar the same as the people we've posted. Same as our rock/pop/jazz bassists probably wouldn't be able to play the double bass like that Rotaru guy. It's just not the same.

And anyways this is a thread about Bass Guitar, not double bass haha but nice videos pretty impressive :P

Dude Chris Wolstenholme I've noticed is crazy good!!! lol he's like a shining light for modern music :P

And as for Adam...I hate U2, so very much, they're music is atrocious...

Don't confuse that with me wanting to kill them I just never want to listen to 'em...

Although I've never been a big fan of Bono in general

Dude Chris Wolstenholme I've noticed is crazy good!!! lol he's like a shining light for modern music :P

And as for Adam...I hate U2, so very much, they're music is atrocious...

Don't confuse that with me wanting to kill them I just never want to listen to 'em...

Although I've never been a big fan of Bono in general

I hate Bono because just like the Dixie Chicks, he needs to shut up and sing. I like all the other guys in U2 though. They mind their own business - and that is the music.

Here's the thing with U2's music though.. There is NO ALBUM I can stand that is by U2. I love plenty of songs by them but can never listen to one album by them all the way through without cringing. I think U2 is a great song band, an even more amazing live band, but when it comes to whole studio albums, they're, as you say, atrocious in regards to just the albums as a whole being boring.

you obviously have a higher tolerance to crap than I, cause I can't even get through a minute of their songs. And I try, I really do, every time I hear a song I sit and torture myself to see if it's even a little bit good but it never fails, I end up leaving angry. Same thing with Journey, I just can not stand their singer.

Been listening to a lil' bit of Iron Maiden, and Steve Harris is pretty awesome. Not just because you can hear him clearly in the mix, but it just flows real well and is like a rhythm guitar without being too much like a guitar, but more than the standard bass. Someone pointed out powerslave earlier, that's a good example, as well as The Duellists from the same album.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif