Runescape Membership cards

sumondskull6

I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forums.

I had bought a 3 month card a while back, for exactly $20 at 7-11, no tax. This only gave me 2 months worth of membership, because apparently you need to have payed $22.50 to get 3 months worth. If I remember correctly, I still have the credit left over from my last card? So if I were to buy another card, and instead of buying 2 months, use the leftover credit from my last card and buy 3 months worth, correct?

Lastly, are they still $20, tax free. Or do they include tax now, which would make it cost $21.20?

fyi: I live in the United States, in case this changes anything with the pricing.

Sumondskull6.png

You should of contacted Jagex because you only got 2 months..

That doesn't answer any questions I asked?

But if you must know, I simply just don't care enough to attempt to contact them over a few bucks.

British companies, as a matter of common courtesy, practically always include tax to their advertised prices in order to prevent things like this from happening. Who exactly told you that you only received two months of membership because of tax? If it's anyone but Jagex, it sounds like you've been scammed out of that extra month.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If its a 'Three Month Card' then it should give you three months regardless of what you paid for it.

Either your not telling the whole truth, your trolling, or there was an error and you should have contacted Jagex.

I payed for a RuneScape 3 Month Membership card, with a $20 bill. I used it later that night, and it said you needed $22.50 for 3 months. Simple math can tell us that it costs $7.50 per month via those cards, using the $22.50 needed. I payed for a 3 month card, I got 2.7 months worth of membership. You can only purchase in month intervals.

I find it a bit suspicious that there is a 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year options though. Perhaps they do this on purpose?

Sumondskull6.png

This smells of bs.

How exactly are Jagex supposed to magically know OMG the shop selling the card charged $2.50 less for it than we intended dont give him the memberships?

Also the shops want to make profit on these cards, as do the card makers and Jagex. Therefore we can easily say that the membership cost is not $22.50 via the card, as the shop would take a cut and the card makers as well. Meaning the actual membership cost is less.

Also paying by the cards they are specifically made to do what they say. If you buy an unused 3 month card off a friend for $1 the serial number on it is still a code that entitles you to 3 months.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You can get them at Wal-Mart. I use the Ultimate Gaming Card though. You can buy the $20 card and use it under the 'Without Creditcard' option, which only costs $19.99 for 3 months.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

You can get them at Wal-Mart. I use the Ultimate Gaming Card though. You can buy the $20 card and use it under the 'Without Creditcard' option, which only costs $19.99 for 3 months.

I did use an UGC now that I think about it, but that doesn't change the fact that I should have received 3 months worth, instead of two with some credit left over.

Sumondskull6.png