Same-Sex Marriage

RexMilotic

Religion starts as ideology. I'd personally define it as an ideology with followers. You can have religions without gods, but then they end up being defined as philosophies. They all start logically, it's when people try to solidify it in a context greatly different than the one it was created in and use it against their enemies that the problem comes up (Such as looking at Christianity nearly 2,000 years later and expecting it to fit modern life perfectly - by both sides).

The thing is, once a God enters the picture, as in a deity who's absolutly perfect in it's essence, and that can decide what's good and what isn't, the ideology that's stretchable becomes a very fanatic, none-stretchable religion.

Your definitions and labels may be nice, but it's the final outcome I'm discussing. Sure you could call Philosophy a religion. And? What of it?

Bottom line is that Philosophy has no greater entity, and the different philosofical statements can be proven, unproven, and proven again.

Religion cannot be proven, and neither unproven, which is where fanatics come from.

As for your comment about the followers of religion who make it's cons-

A. That's not entirely true (Slavery, Anti-Gayness, etc).

B. If you call what's in A a followers' fault, then the pros of religion should be considered the followers' result aswell.

C. It matters not where the cons come from, only that they exist and that they wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for religion.

Who says religion can't be proven?

Prove it then.

(Just to make sure this isn't a miss-understanding- What I mean by cannot be proven is that you can't prove God exists).

I take it that you would be a fan of Blaise Pascal.

Not really. I also don't see what in my post implies anything specific about him.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Religion starts as ideology. I'd personally define it as an ideology with followers. You can have religions without gods, but then they end up being defined as philosophies. They all start logically, it's when people try to solidify it in a context greatly different than the one it was created in and use it against their enemies that the problem comes up (Such as looking at Christianity nearly 2,000 years later and expecting it to fit modern life perfectly - by both sides).

The thing is, once a God enters the picture, as in a deity who's absolutly perfect in it's essence, and that can decide what's good and what isn't, the ideology that's stretchable becomes a very fanatic, none-stretchable religion.

Your definitions and labels may be nice, but it's the final outcome I'm discussing. Sure you could call Philosophy a religion. And? What of it?

Bottom line is that Philosophy has no greater entity, and the different philosofical statements can be proven, unproven, and proven again.

Religion cannot be proven, and neither unproven, which is where fanatics come from.

B. If you call what's in A a followers' fault, then the pros of religion should be considered the followers' result aswell.

C. It matters not where the cons come from, only that they exist and that they wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for religion.

Prove it then.

(Just to make sure this isn't a miss-understanding- What I mean by cannot be proven is that you can't prove God exists).

Well I certainly can't, but what I mean to say is (and I may have just misunderstood your post) maybe one day someone will find evidence that will PROVE God exists. If that day ever comes, would you believe in him? And do you mean can't prove right now, or can't prove ever?

What if one day someone will prove God doesn't exist? Will you stop believing?

Sorry for anyone taking that as an insult, but- If God isn't proven to exist, isn't it just like believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? As in, in something made up?

P.S.

I meant can't prove right now. Not that it matters...

Well I could answer your question, or you could answer mine. ;)

If someone proved there is no way ever in any way that God could exist, then I guess I would stop believing. But as of right now, God is as real to me as the laptop I'm typing on

And you truthfuly don't see anything contradicting in that statement??

I would only stop believing if they proved it 100% that there is absolutely no chance of God's existence ever.

And I keep seeing a reference to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Alone it stands as a valid comparison to those who do not believe. However I doubt most or any who use said character have actually read the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I have the belief that one must read everything pertaining to their beliefs, even the opposing arguments to their beliefs. I read said book with an open mind. The first 7 pages or so was funny, as it was a comical satire of Christianity. But when I got to page 166 [the end] I realized that the majority of it developed into senseless religion bashing, based simply on mockery and had no logicality to it, its only mission to mock. That is the type of atheist I discredit, those who imitate religious extremists in a reflection of their own atheist beliefs, they're two sides of the same coin.

I'm sorry but.... Do you know why Bobby Henderson created FSM?

The original purpose was to debate whether or not Intelligent Design should be taught in public schools. Henderson claimed that if any one God is taught about, so should be for FSM, for there's as much proof it exists as there is about any God.

When atheists made notice of it, it quickly caught on and in a very short period of time became a parody of religion. As such, it makes every bit of sense that God-mockery is it's direction. It took you all the way to page 166 to realize it's intention is to mock God? That's odd.

There's no reason for logic behind it, that's why it can be so easily compared to religion. FSM is a perfect deity, invisible and undetectable that created the world with it's almighty apendage and had "planted proof" of evolution to see if it's followers will still trust it exists.

There's as much proof that FSM exists, as there is of any God, or Darth Vader as others have pointed here.

Also, they're not 2 sides of the same coin. You could say they're wrong for mocking others' beliefs, you could even say their behaviour is absolutly disgusting (I'd beg the differ, not that it matters), but you can't compare religous extremists, those who kill the innocent in the name of religion, or force their opinions on others whenever possible, to those who mock it.

R'amen.

And this is why I don't follow an organized religion. Because once you claim your ideology to be absolute truth as given directly by a higher power, you become the higher power. It stops being what is right and starts to become what benefits you.

A label's just a label, that's what I meant by the philosophy comment. What you call it doesn't matter, what it is does.

Actually neither can philosophy. Behaviors, morals, and beliefs don't follow the scientific way of thinking; that is, they can't and shouldn't be proven or disproven. Because once they are proven you get discrimination against those it does not suit.

It takes followers to act on them though. A holy book with no followers is just a book. I don't blame the religion, I blame the people who put it before the lives of others.

It is. A religion is just an abstract concept. Abstract concepts can't do anything unless someone acts on it.

This applies to everything though.

This is much more interesting than the actual topic...

You don't seem to have contradicted or agreed with any of my points :S.

I've said it like 5 times in this thread (I think 4 of those were on the same page, lol) and I'll say it again.

Bottom line is- Religion has it's cons and pros (regardless of where they come from). I believe it's cons overcome it's pros, and is why I think the world is better off without it. You can't argue that it's like that for everything else simply because it doesn't change the fact that without religion, religion's cons wouldn't exist.

I'm also not arguing (here) whether or not God exists, only a cold "mathematical" analysis of cons vs. pros.

It doesn't matter. Bottom line is - the cons exist because religion exists. Period.

But the same can be said for the pros.

Or is it just human nature? Similar things can be said for any cause; look at animal rights for example. You have supporters, you have more zealous supporters, and you have the supporters who will literally stop at nothing to see the cause through. Does the problem exist in the cause? No, it exists in the people in it. Do the few that take it too far reflect on the entire cause? No, but people are going to say that anyway, as the Muhammad cartoon (thread, article, etc.) shows.

But then, I'm a strong believer in the idea that if religion (or race, or class, hell, any difference) never existed we'd all be equally divided over something else.

This would have fit much better in the religious extremism thread, I think...

What pros are you looking at?

TO use Christianity for an example:

If you followw the teachings:

Pros:

-Philanthropy\Altruism

-Charity

-Humility

-Support for the current Government

-Promotion of honesty, and good morals*

Theres probably a lot more but I'm exhausted so cbf.

*Now please, before anyone says "my morals might not be the same as yours, I like killing babies, cussing and lying" (obviously an exaggeration) I mean good morals include: following the law, being honest, being a good person in general.

In other words, it's pros are something that are encouraged by nearly everything else. Then those pros tend to be negated by the other laws in the Bible.

In the end, it all comes down to the "guns don't kill people" argument. Truly, extremists are to blame for what they do, but you can't ignore the fact that religion is an important ideal for them to rally under and gather support, and an important tool for the ultimate argument. After all, who cares what other people might say or whom you may kill if you are doing nothing less than the will of a perfect, all-knowing God, almighty creator of your very souls?

The same argument is used against equality. God wants this or that, therefore my position is irrevocable. So, the religion too, is to blame, as well as the arrogant who claims to have transcendental and infallible knowledge.

The problem is that guns don't have written on them "Kill everyone who doesn't believe I exist". The religion is the corrupt part, and the followers are simply corrupted by it.

The idea that God can't be disproved is insane. Now, if you were to say a deist god can't be disproved, I would agree. However, the Christian God is something that exists within a certain boundary, which is that created by the Bible. The errors in the Bible are also errors in God, because from what the Bible says, they're part of the same thing. God is a perfect being though, but from what the Bible says he often fails to meet his own standards, or back track on his words. The perfect being would do no such thing, leading to areas to disprove him. This isn't even using science to disprove him, just knowing that humans made up errors whenever they came up with this God.

The idea that God can't be disproved is insane. Now, if you were to say a deist god can't be disproved, I would agree. However, the Christian God is something that exists within a certain boundary, which is that created by the Bible. The errors in the Bible are also errors in God, because from what the Bible says, they're part of the same thing. God is a perfect being though, but from what the Bible says he often fails to meet his own standards, or back track on his words. The perfect being would do no such thing, leading to areas to disprove him. This isn't even using science to disprove him, just knowing that humans made up errors whenever they came up with this God.

That's not disproving his existance, that's finding errors.

I also never referred to any specific God.

Lastly, I don't believe in any God, and as such I see discussing with an atheist whether or not God exists as pointless.

I would only stop believing if they proved it 100% that there is absolutely no chance of God's existence ever.

And I keep seeing a reference to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Alone it stands as a valid comparison to those who do not believe. However I doubt most or any who use said character have actually read the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I have the belief that one must read everything pertaining to their beliefs, even the opposing arguments to their beliefs. I read said book with an open mind. The first 7 pages or so was funny, as it was a comical satire of Christianity. But when I got to page 166 [the end] I realized that the majority of it developed into senseless religion bashing, based simply on mockery and had no logicality to it, its only mission to mock. That is the type of atheist I discredit, those who imitate religious extremists in a reflection of their own atheist beliefs, they're two sides of the same coin.

The original purpose was to debate whether or not Intelligent Design should be taught in public schools. Henderson claimed that if any one God is taught about, so should be for FSM, for there's as much proof it exists as there is about any God.

When atheists made notice of it, it quickly caught on and in a very short period of time became a parody of religion. As such, it makes every bit of sense that God-mockery is it's direction. It took you all the way to page 166 to realize it's intention is to mock God? That's odd.

There's no reason for logic behind it, that's why it can be so easily compared to religion. FSM is a perfect deity, invisible and undetectable that created the world with it's almighty apendage and had "planted proof" of evolution to see if it's followers will still trust it exists.

There's as much proof that FSM exists, as there is of any God, or Darth Vader as others have pointed here.

Also, they're not 2 sides of the same coin. You could say they're wrong for mocking others' beliefs, you could even say their behaviour is absolutly disgusting (I'd beg the differ, not that it matters), but you can't compare religous extremists, those who kill the innocent in the name of religion, or force their opinions on others whenever possible, to those who mock it.

R'amen.

I already knew as to why it was created. I have no problem with those who do not believe in Intelligent Design to debate against it, I myself do not believe in Intelligent Design. We all have the right to have our own opinion, and we have the right to criticize others as long as we do so in a CIVIL, ORDERLY and INTELLIGENT manner. The book basically is a mockery of religion for its entire length. Is that really necessary? No. Nor is it intelligent to do so, it's overkill. An atheist who disagrees with religion, debates intelligently against it while still maintaining civility, that is one whom I admire. But to even put such emphasis that one is an atheist rather then a theist is ridiculous because if we are not causing harm to each other, and on the contrary helping others, WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER? The point of religion isn't only that there's a God or not by the way. It's a mentality to do good to others, that prevails through all religions in some form or another. I act with goodness because it is in line with my human nature, therefore it is like God's. I do not help the poor, etc. because God requires me to. Rather it is the right thing to do.

There is a difference between intelligent satire and repetitious mockery to the extent were it just gets annoying.

And yes they're beliefs are both disgusting. And the extreme atheists do shove their beliefs down others throats by stating how illogical and stupid everyone who isn't an atheist is. Extremist atheists do not have the means to act, well extremely, because they are a very small minority (I believe it's like 2.6% of the US). Also because they reach their conclusion based from logical reasoning (considered an equally valid methodology to faith in the Catholic Church), normally they would reason that it is best to nonviolently approach something. Others arrive at cynical schools of thought where because there is no purpose, there would be no purpose in doing so.

I apologize to the author of this thread for participating in being extremely off-topic. Anyone who wishes to respond to my post, please do not respond here as it does not pertain to the topic. If you wish to agree/disagree/further discuss, I'll accept a PM.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

R'amen.

I already knew as to why it was created. I have no problem with those who do not believe in Intelligent Design to debate against it, I myself do not believe in Intelligent Design. We all have the right to have our own opinion, and we have the right to criticize others as long as we do so in a CIVIL, ORDERLY and INTELLIGENT manner. The book basically is a mockery of religion for its entire length. Is that really necessary? No. Nor is it intelligent to do so, it's overkill. An atheist who disagrees with religion, debates intelligently against it while still maintaining civility, that is one whom I admire. But to even put such emphasis that one is an atheist rather then a theist is ridiculous because if we are not causing harm to each other, and on the contrary helping others, WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER? The point of religion isn't only that there's a God or not by the way. It's a mentality to do good to others, that prevails through all religions in some form or another. I act with goodness because it is in line with my human nature, therefore it is like God's. I do not help the poor, etc. because God requires me to. Rather it is the right thing to do.

There is a difference between intelligent satire and repetitious mockery to the extent were it just gets annoying.

And yes they're beliefs are both disgusting. And the extreme atheists do shove their beliefs down others throats by stating how illogical and stupid everyone who isn't an atheist is. Extremist atheists do not have the means to act, well extremely, because they are a very small minority (I believe it's like 2.6% of the US). Also because they reach their conclusion based from logical reasoning (considered an equally valid methodology to faith in the Catholic Church), normally they would reason that it is best to nonviolently approach something. Others arrive at cynical schools of thought where because there is no purpose, there would be no purpose in doing so.

As a matter of fact, we have the right to criticize others even in a not CIVIL, ORDERLY and INTELLIGENT manner. It's called Freedom of Speech.

As for necessary? Definitely not. Is this discussion necessary? I wouldn't believe so. It's an opinion and has every right to be named and heard by people.

In addition, there's no point for an atheist to discuss religion intelligently because religion, in it's essence, has answer to everything (which is why it had survived for so many years. Even for "reason-less" questions, one could say God is a mystery, etc). The chances for an atheist to actualy convince someone else he's correct are so slim that it's almost pointless to try. However, when you present something similar to religion (such as FSM) it's both quick, to the point, and doesn't require any points or counterpoints. It's simply rediculous (IMO, just like religion, which is why I find it so interesting).

I believe the "point" of religion is irrelevant to our discussion.

Lastly, "extreme atheists" (put in quotes for the very weird label) don't "shove their beliefs down others throats", they simply over-act their opinions, something perfectly allowed by the Freedom of Speech.

Well yea thats what I'm saying, I mean surely many things in his world exist that can;t be proven yet... I just dislike people who say it can never be proven.

And this off-topic thread has gone pretty off-topic.

But that still means an idea can be so stupid that no way it can be true. At this point God and Darth Vader have the same weight in argument.

That is not a fact. To my knowledge, Darth Vader has never motivated millions of people (in real life, SW fanboys) to sacrifice their lives for his cause.

Well yea thats what I'm saying, I mean surely many things in his world exist that can;t be proven yet... I just dislike people who say it can never be proven.

And this off-topic thread has gone pretty off-topic.

But that still means an idea can be so stupid that no way it can be true. At this point God and Darth Vader have the same weight in argument.

That is not a fact. To my knowledge, Darth Vader has never motivated millions of people (in real life, SW fanboys) to sacrifice their lives for his cause.

I believe what Nick meant is that God should be pereceived as evident as Darth Vader.

R'amen.

As a matter of fact, we have the right to criticize others even in a not CIVIL, ORDERLY and INTELLIGENT manner. It's called Freedom of Speech.

As for necessary? Definitely not. Is this discussion necessary? I wouldn't believe so. It's an opinion and has every right to be named and heard by people.

In addition, there's no point for an atheist to discuss religion intelligently because religion, in it's essence, has answer to everything (which is why it had survived for so many years. Even for "reason-less" questions, one could say God is a mystery, etc). The chances for an atheist to actualy convince someone else he's correct are so slim that it's almost pointless to try. However, when you present something similar to religion (such as FSM) it's both quick, to the point, and doesn't require any points or counterpoints. It's simply rediculous (IMO, just like religion, which is why I find it so interesting).

Lastly, "extreme atheists" (put in quotes for the very weird label) don't "shove their beliefs down others throats", they simply over-act their opinions, something perfectly allowed by the Freedom of Speech.

1. You're right. It is a right, and one problem I have with people acting like this because it is a protected right is that they vain their speak because they have no control over their civility. If one wishes to discuss something that is fine, but if they will vain their speech in crudity and mockery they are an idiot and they discredit themselves as competent people to even discuss the subject.

2. You say religion is ridiculous. In some religions, they do not even contain a God and just advocate a just lifestyle. Then, how can you still make the statement that religion is ridiculous? If I also turn your attention to my signature, "your daily life is your temple and religion." In my religion, a lifestyle based upon a system of just ideals of any sort is a religion. Is then [i presume your ideals are just as you seem like a decent person] your lifestyle ridiculous? Which makes the "point" of religion very relevant.

3. As for the stereotypical Protestant who says your going to burn in hell because you don't believe in the "One true God", just as the some atheist thinks they're [developmentally delayed]ed and should go find the hell to which they speak and burn in it because their life is meaningless because it lacks logic, is just over acting their opinion?

Also just because you have the freedom to do something doesn't mean you should lack self control to withhold yourself from doing so without civility.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

Lastly, I don't believe in any God, and as such I see discussing with an atheist whether or not God exists as pointless.

A perfect God with errors is imperfect. It disproves his existence because such things can't exist.

I'm referring to any God with a holy text.

[spoiler=Long quote]

Prove it then.

Well I certainly can't, but what I mean to say is (and I may have just misunderstood your post) maybe one day someone will find evidence that will PROVE God exists. If that day ever comes, would you believe in him? And do you mean can't prove right now, or can't prove ever?

Sorry for anyone taking that as an insult, but- If God isn't proven to exist, isn't it just like believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? As in, in something made up?

P.S.

If someone proved there is no way ever in any way that God could exist, then I guess I would stop believing. But as of right now, God is as real to me as the laptop I'm typing on

Actually, I don't.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

[hide=Long quote]

R'amen.

1. You're right. It is a right, and one problem I have with people acting like this because it is a protected right is that they vain their speak because they have no control over their civility. If one wishes to discuss something that is fine, but if they will vain their speech in crudity and mockery they are an idiot and they discredit themselves as competent people to even discuss the subject.

2. You say religion is ridiculous. In some religions, they do not even contain a God and just advocate a just lifestyle. Then, how can you still make the statement that religion is ridiculous? If I also turn your attention to my signature, "your daily life is your temple and religion." In my religion, a lifestyle based upon a system of just ideals of any sort is a religion. Is then [i presume your ideals are just as you seem like a decent person] your lifestyle ridiculous? Which makes the "point" of religion very relevant.

3. As for the stereotypical Protestant who says your going to burn in hell because you don't believe in the "One true God", just as the some atheist thinks they're [developmentally delayed]ed and should go find the hell to which they speak and burn in it because their life is meaningless because it lacks logic, is just over acting their opinion?

Also just because you have the freedom to do something doesn't mean you should lack self control to withhold yourself from doing so without civility.

[/hide]

1. It's not only atheists who 'abuse' (I wouldn't use that term here, but meh) the Freedom of Speech. Pointing it directly at them, while there clearly are people who abuse it in much worse ways, seems unreasonable.

2. I was referring to any religion that revoles (a) God(s). I'll rephrase then- Any religion that revolves any Gods is rediculous *IMO*.

3. Exactly. They're speaking their opinions up. Perhaps not in a civil way, but that still is acting their opinion.

You could argue that what the Protestants, for instance, are doing, is exactly that. But I believe that any ways of threat are a form of forcing your opinion.

Also, please remember where this 3 in the numbering came from. I said you couldn't compare "extreme atheists" to "religous extremists" because what the RE do is long beyond that (you can't compare mockery to suicide bombing, right?). Which is why the rest of what I said on #3 not very important, as the point stands even without it.

4. (Your last statement)- You said "we have the right to criticize others as long as we do so in a CIVIL, ORDERLY and INTELLIGENT manner." and I replied with "As a matter of fact, we have the right to criticize others even in a not CIVIL, ORDERLY and INTELLIGENT manner."

I wasn't trying to protect those who, according to you, are misusing Freedom of Speech, I was merely stating that the Freedom of Speech allows that (personaly I don't believe that the Freedom of Speech is as sacred as Democratic states believe, but that's a whole other discussion here).

A perfect God with errors is imperfect. It disproves his existence because such things can't exist.

I'm referring to any God with a holy text.

If it was as simple as that, religion wouldn't be as popular (for the favour of Fakeitormakeit2, I'm referring to any religion that revolves Gods :P).

[spoiler=Long quote]

Prove it then.

P.S.

Actually, I don't.

You really don't see anything wrong with your claim that God (an entity you've never seen or heard or touched, and nor is there a proof of it's existance) is as real as your Laptop (an object you've touched WHILE claiming what you had claimed, probably have used it countless times, I assume you know exactly where it originated from, and can easily understand what it's made of)?

[spoiler=Long quote]

Prove it then.

P.S.

Actually, I don't.

You really don't see anything wrong with your claim that God (an entity you've never seen or heard or touched, and nor is there a proof of it's existance) is as real as your Laptop (an object you've touched WHILE claiming what you had claimed, probably have used it countless times, I assume you know exactly where it originated from, and can easily understand what it's made of)?

Perhaps he sees his God as a being reflected in the good will of others, and is an entity comprised of the total sum of souls, a nirvana-esque type being.

Empirical evidence does not always work. Its limited to our ability to detect.

Now explain to me, how do you know there are oxygen particles in the air you're breathing right now? How do you know that oxygen is normally a diatomic molecule? Have you seen a diatomic oxygen just float past you? Someone had to eventually prove it through observation under a microscope. Before hand, I wouldn't say that it is so impossible that educated people theorized that there was oxygen present in their air and that's how our respiratory systems worked, but they couldn't see or prove it.

Another thing, do you see emotion? You see the result of emotion but you do not see the concrete hate, love, etc.

There are many things we cannot see.

kaisershami.png

[spoiler=Long quote]

Prove it then.

P.S.

Actually, I don't.

Theres plenty of proof that God exists, I just don't have any at the moment. And I really don't like how you treat religious people like mental patients. Who says we've never seen, touched, or heard from God?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

[spoiler=Long quote]

Prove it then.

P.S.

Actually, I don't.

Perhaps he sees his God as a being reflected in the good will of others, and is an entity comprised of the total sum of souls, a nirvana-esque type being.

Now explain to me, how do you know there are oxygen particles in the air you're breathing right now? Someone had to eventually prove it through observation under a microscope. Before hand, I wouldn't say that it is so impossible that educated people theorized that there was oxygen present in their air and that's how our respiratory systems worked, but they couldn't see or prove it.

Another thing, do you see emotion? You see the result of emotion but you do not see the concrete hate, love, etc.

There are many things we cannot see.

Well, but if we go back in time back to when no one was certain about the oxygen particles, I wouldn't trust it as real as an object I'm using and that was made for the purpose I'm using it.

Also, these theories are built on certain facts that could imply it's true, it isn't built on a "well, let's see... we don't know where we originated from, nor do we understand the concept of luck... it must be God then!"

By the way, emotion is a definition of a certain process in our brain, it isn't an object nor an entity.

Lastly, I wasn't saying God doesn't exist (you obviously do know my opinion about it though), only that his statement is wrong. How can this entity not proven to exist be as real as his Laptop?

... I see there's a massive thread De-rail goin' off, so I'll just say I think same sex marriage is alright, as long as they don't rub it in people's faces.

(Not that many do, but y'know)

Now I'll run back to hide behind the flame shield.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

Ontopic:

No - I don't believe that [bleep]s should be inserted into men, I think thats a bit gross.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

... I see there's a massive thread De-rail goin' off, so I'll just say I think same sex marriage is alright, as long as they don't rub it in people's faces.

(Not that many do, but y'know)

Now I'll run back to hide behind the flame shield.

"rub it in people's faces"? What would you consider rubbing it to people's faces? Public gestures? If that's what you mean, you should reconsider it. Why should straights be perfectly okay when doing that and gays not?

Ontopic:

No - I don't believe that [bleep]s should be inserted into men, I think thats a bit gross.

Gross? So because Mr. Whatsyourface thinks it's gross they're not equal to heretosexuals? And shouldn't get equal rights?

Gross? So because Mr. Whatsyourface thinks it's gross they're not equal to heretosexuals? And shouldn't get equal rights?

Now we're on the same page! ;)

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"