The Nexus War RPG

Harakiri

Based on this story here, it's not required reading to understand this game, but this is where I got the idea for this game.

History is said to repeat itself. New civilizations spring from out of nowhere; people slowly advance, then these same people disappear; new magics are discovered, then lost to the lull of time. And this cycle, this long wheel that slowly turns with each passing day eventually turns full circle, back to the start, back to the beginning.

As it did during the first Nexus War.

It was during the seven year mini-god war, when the gods sent their own emissaries to battle on the Earth, that Xarosen appeared to lead Zamorack's army against the forces of Saradomin, who were defending the Nexus Library.

The Nexus Library was built to be run by librarians, scouring the world, collecting any information to add to the nexus. The nexus contained the most complete history of Gielnor, contained a file on almost every person in Gielnor, and was the largest library to grace the land.

And because of all the books and files on various types of dark magic, monsters, ways to reach goddom, and thousands of other related paraphernalia, Zamorack wanted to take it over and use it as a school for evil.

And thus the first Nexus War began.

THE NEXUS WAR

The wine bottle was half full, but not for long. In one large gulp Sir Giel, Librarian, finished the large bottle and set it atop the wooden table he was writing at.

He wore his silver armor, sparkling in the morning sun that reached through the latticed windows of the library. A sword was sheathed on his back. He didn't need that at the moment, he would rather fight with his quill than with his sword.

He dipped the quill into his little bottle of ink and started writing again. This time he wrote about the men fighting outside on the little stretch of island that led from the main entrance of the Nexus to the sea.

They will all probably die in some fashion. The coming war could escalate into the second god war if the gods so wish. It is becoming a frighteningly painful revelation that our world is coming to this, all over this central brain. But, as everyone knows, without the brain you cannot live. And likewise, without the Nexus, the people of Gielnor could not live. This may seem like a building, but it is much more. It is where people are born, and where they die. This location was not just picked because of how hard it would be to navigate the sea to get here, it was also chosen because this is where the gods craft their creations. Through here daily come new souls, about to embark upon the epic quest known as life. Through here daily come the souls of those who have finished this quest, and are now continuing to a new quest with their gods.

It is with a heavy heart, and a tearful goodbye that I bide thee. The attack on the Nexus comes unexpected, even Saradomin did not see his brothers ambush. As long as there are librarians though, the library will live on. I have already seen to it that the recruits, who have been trained since they were children, are hidden and ready to take the reigns if I die.

If this quill could be used as a weapon, I would use it to murder all evil that does walk about this Earth. But I cannot, I am simply not Saradomin, nor am I worthy to be by his side when the evil of Zamorack comes through the steel doors of this library. I have left innocent children to die, and by doing so I am no better than those killing my best friends outside of this facility.

Gods bless you children, may you prosper.

He set the quill down as the sun gave way to dark clouds and rain pelted the windows. He pulled the sword from his back, and turned it in his hand. He was not meant to fight, he was meant to be a scribe or a salesman. He was meant to follow in his parents footsteps like his friends at the academy.

But instead, he had been chosen to be the Librarian of the Nexus, the greatest, most precious place this Earth had.

He grabbed his quill and placed it on his heart. He then grabbed a glue from inside of his desk and glued the quill to his chest.

He would die with his first love.

He ran for the door, heaved it open, entered upon a disgusting smelling battlefield, and fought against the men mercilessly killing every guard and soldier made to defend the Nexus. Every step that Sir Giel made came with a disgusting squish as he tread upon internal organs and seemingly dissected bodies.

The fight lasted no longer than two minutes after the arrival of Sir Giel. Sir Giel's head would be posted upon a spear in front of the libraries doors as the evil ones entered, taking over the Nexus.

How to Play and Other Such Menial Details

This is fairly simple. You choose a name and a class:

Warrior

Mage

Rouge

Nobility

That's it. Weapons and armor should be fairly obvious:

Warriors-Heavy armor and sword and shield

Mage-Robes and staff

Rouge-Light armor, but can use a longsword and a dagger at the same time

Nobility- Wears light armors and can be outfitted with pretty much any type of nonmagic related weapon

Depending on your class, you also have a lot of influence within various parts of Runescape:

Warriors-Falador, Camelot

Mage-Yanville, Wizards Tower

Rouge-Back Alleys of Varrock, H.A.M

Nobility-Lumbridge and North Side of Varrock

In this game you also start with ten points to put into various skills. As you progress, depending on your actions, these skills will get more points added on. These should be pretty self explanatory. Strength will make attacks stronger, dexterity will make you more nimble and able to dodge attacks. Cunning is the ability to steal from others and get past hard obstacles, and mana is how much magic you can use per fight. ETC.

When you post you character's class, please add ten points to whichever skills you wish:

(These are the starting points for each class...distribute ten points to whichever skills you feel you'll need most, and as the game progresses more will be added on based on your deeds)

Warrior:

Strength-4

Dexterity-2

Magic-1

Health-4

Mana-2

Cunning-2

Mage:

Strength-1

Dexterity-2

Magic-4

Health-2

Mana-4

Cunning-3

Rouge:

Strength-2

Dexterity-4

Magic-2

Health-3

Mana-2

Cunning-5

Nobility:

Strength-2

Dexterity-2

Magic-2

Health-2

Mana-2

Cunning-3

THE WORLD

[spoiler=WARNING: HUGE IMAGE]runesacpe-world-map-2007.jpg

As you start the game, if you decide that you want your faction to join you in the war, than I will make sure that you own that area. If it comes under attack, the person(s) who own that area will be notified and may want to defend this area from Zamorack's forces.

The Nexus is not on the map because most of the game will not have anything to do inside the Nexus until later.

GAMEPLAY

I will give you an idea of what is going on and the team of new librarians can choose what to do from there.

The game has a lot to do with gaining favor with various cities and factions. For instance, the first decision the team has to make is which of the cities they have influence in they want to try to recruit for the war. Together they must attempt to help solve problems and defeat evils lurking within the city or group before that city or group will hand their loyalty to you. As the game progresses, you will continuously gain influence across the land, and as Zamorack takes over some places, you need to take over others. You can help the ogres and gain their help in the coming battle, or you can go to Karamja and help them to gain the island as a place for innocents to hide during the battles, gaining more favor with the people. Some places taken over by Zamorack, you may want to take over, so you will have to call your forces together to fight in a war.

I will help you along at first, til' you understand the basic idea of how getting the respect of a city works.

The main goal here is to unite as much of the land as you can and take back the Nexus for Sarradomin. Once this goal is complete, a second game will start, but with a different story based on another significant historical event in my version of Runescape.

As you choose cities to gain the respect of I will give you a map with NPC's who can give you side quests, and main characters who you will need to help in order to influence their armies to come with you to battle.

All characters will be posted on this first post and updated as much as I can during play. Each of your characters stats, weapons and arms, and inventory will be under a tab for easy access if you want to see your progress. Once the game ends, a story-like version of the game will be written by me for all to see.

So with that said, before I start the game, I would like anyone with any questions to ask away and anyone willing to play to post their character's name, class, and distribution of skill points.

Players

[spoiler=Roccodog]WARRIOR:

Strength-7

Dexterity-7

Magic-1

Health-6

Mana-2

Cunning-2

WEARING:

Heavy Steel Armor

Weapon:

Steel LongSword

Influence:

Falador

[spoiler=Ares Biahorae]Rogue

Strength-6

Dexterity-7

Magic-2

Health-5

Mana-2

Cunning-6

Weapons:

Long sword and knife

Armor:

Light Armor

Influence:

Ardounge

[spoiler=Mather]Rouge:

Strength-5

Dexterity-5

Magic-5

Health-5

Mana-2

Cunning-6

Weapons:

Longsword and dagger

Armor:

Light Armor

Influence:

South Varrock

[spoiler=Retech's Unnamed Character]Mage:

Strength-1

Dexterity-2

Magic-8

Health-3

Mana-8

Cunning-4

Weapons:

Staff

Armor:

Robes

Influence:

Yanille

[spoiler=RPGGamer]Rouge:

Strength-2

Dexterity-4

Magic-2

Health-3

Mana-2

Cunning-5

Weapon:

Longsword and dagger

Armor:

Light Armor

Influence:

Al-Kharid

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Interesting concept! Your world map link is broken, however.

Thank you for pointing that out. It works fine on my comp, but let me see if I can find another one, maybe a bit smaller.

EDIT: I can't find a smaller map, mainly because of how large the world is. I'm going to segment areas you can take over into pretty large areas so we aren't playing this all year. I'm also going to be posting maps of cities depending on where you decide to go to take over.

I will try to leave enough lee-way that I can expect you to do stuff on your own while I'm gone since I have school and homework and such for most of the day. I'll steer you around and update as much as I can, hopefully someone will be an emergent leader and be able to steer everyone else towards the goal of a quest or battle.

Alright, let's see. I'll start as a Warrior.

Strength-3

Dexterity-3

Magic- 0

Health-3

Mana-0

Cunning-1

And I'd like to have influence over Falador. How do I play from here?

First of all, those skill points already there under each class are what you add the ten points to. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. So as a warrior you start with this:

Warrior:

Strength-4

Dexterity-2

Magic-1

Health-4

Mana-2

Cunning-2

And need to add to it.

As a warrior you already have influence over Falador and Camelot, it just comes with the class.

I'm not going to officially start the game until more people show up, so I guess if you want to just fix your skill points and wait a day or so for more players to show up we'll get going.

=( I thought it was going to be like the BlueJay Chronicles... The Legendary Edition(mine). Ah well, I have never been a strong roleplayer, I am far too....controlling, and argumentative.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I don't see the stats for nobility.

Oh sorry, I was jumping between peasants as characters and nobility, settled on nobility, and never changed the original skill sheet. I fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

=( I thought it was going to be like the BlueJay Chronicles... The Legendary Edition(mine). Ah well, I have never been a strong roleplayer, I am far too....controlling, and argumentative.

Sorry to disappoint...lol. No, basically this is backstory. It was never clear why Archimage was taking over the world, so I decided the reason was because he wanted to take over the Nexus Library, which Xarosen had told him about. Using Archimage has an output to get take over Gielnor (Archimage being a huge figure in Gielnor), Xarosen took him over and started warping his mind.

Now that I've spoiled parts of the story I haven't even gotten to writing, I hope you understand where this Nexus War comes from, it is just explaining what happened in Runescape 200 years before the events in my story.

Maybe you'll get to reading it someday since I've wanted to hear your opinion on it for a long time.

Uh, I'll play, looks ok :)

Though I must warn you, I suck with Runescape cause I don't really like it.

Can I get an explanation on each skill before I start though?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

I shall be The Mather1, or Mather for short.

Rouge:

Strength-5

Dexterity-5

Magic-5

Health-5

Mana-2

Cunning-6

How about rouges having influence in Buthrope and Karamja instead, H.A.M. and Varrock's alleys are quite small.

Also you spelled Zamorak wrong.

Archi you could play as Armadyl, Bandos, Zaros, the desert Pantheon, Guthix, or even Jas.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

OK, it has nothing to do technically with Runescape. I use the map, and that's about the extent of everything. You need no background knowledge of the streets, you need no background knowledge of the people or spells. You can make up your own spells, you can make up your own special moves, this is only using the RS map.

I'll change where Rouges have influence too, Buthrope and Ardounge actually sound a bit more logical, so we can do so.

I'll fix the problems with Rouges and post everyone who has signed ups characters.

Hopefully that answers some questions. It has nothing to do with the game, it is just using the map. A lot of the types of people within the cities will be the same, but I'll explain what's in where and if you have any questions about the world or cities or anything, I'll answer them.

Mage:

Strength-1

Dexterity-2

Magic-4

Health-2

Mana-4

Cunning-3

I will play as a mage. I haven't thought of a name yet, but that can come later. I'm assuming magic is basically like strength for mages?

Mage:

Strength-1

Dexterity-2

Magic-8 (+4)

Health-3 (+1)

Mana-8 (+4)

Cunning-4 (+1)

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Ok, let me give you the rundown of skills.

Strength-How hard you hit with weapons and blunt objects. How much muscle you have.

Dexterity-How fast you can hit and avoid being hit. How fast you can run.

Magic-How powerful your magic spells are.

Health-How much it takes to kill you.

Mana-How much power you have for magic. Mana does steadily come back to you through nature, but it's nice to have a lot for large spells.

Cunning-How well you come up with tactics for battles and how much you can use blackmail and such to get people to work with you.

Dinner time, then I'll post everyone's profiles and fix the rogue class.

I actually quite like the idea of this game.

Rouge:

Strength-2

Dexterity-4

Magic-2

Health-3

Mana-2

Cunning-5

I'll be a rouge. Set me up in the Al Kharid desert. Well, the village of it. As long as this thread doesn't super wtfpwn explode in posts, I might be able to keep up with it. Could be fun :)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Updated with everyone's profile. Game will start tomorrow, anyone else who wants to join should join now. If Archimage wants to be god, maybe play as the other god controlling the characters (AKA, my backup dungeon master) he can. Tomorrow I'll have an updated map with the places people have influence. It will be rather cheesy looking, but should work well enough.

Ok here is my character. Can I base him in Menapos? It's supposed to be a opulent city so I don't know why a noble wouldn't be there.

Igos

Nobility:

Strength-3

Dexterity-4

Magic-2

Health-5

Mana-2

Cunning-7

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I didn't read the rules close enough:

Rouge:

Strength-2

Dexterity-4 [+3]

Magic-2

Health-3 [+4]

Mana-2

Cunning-5 [+3]

->

Rouge:

Strength-2

Dexterity-7

Magic-2

Health-7

Mana-2

Cunning-8

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn