Spirit Mages

Ezkaton

I'm now currently 100K or so away from 84 slayer, (about 70K if you take off the pengs ima get tonight)..... But I still haven't had a spirit mage task. I'm getting a bit bored of the general rigmarole of my tasks and want to try out my new creature badly (it's taking me alot to not go and pie abby demons, so these are torture). So what setups etc would be best just to go for a trial run of 100 or so Spirit Mages?

NOTE: I am currently training strength to 85 so therefore will be using a Sara Sword at most times..... well actually..... all times.

Thanks for any help as I'll be using the setups you suggest for a slayer task when Kuradal eventually is kind enough to gift me one. :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Zammy mages are lowest level IRRC. For them, I pray in full proselyte with a zamy book.

Since you're using a SS, you might take on sara mages in:

Neitisnot helm

fury

proselyte top

proselyte bottom

SS

barows gloves

dragon boots

Inventory:

pure set

like 10 or so prayer pots (4) should be more then enough for 100 mages.

Restore to restore stats when entering GWD.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Zammy mages are lowest level IRRC. For them, I pray in full proselyte with a zamy book.

Neitisnot helm

fury

proselyte top

proselyte bottom

SS

barows gloves

dragon boots

Inventory:

pure set

You forgot the Zamorak item protection..

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I use zamorak coif-fury-best cape(i take hp for the boost)-proselyte top/body-whip with defender-barrow gloves-row. In the invy I take combat pots(extremes now, I used super pots) and about 1 pray pot with sgs in the invy. I prayflick pray so with the sgs spec I can last quite a lot of time there.I kill the zammy ones right after the bridge.

Neitisnot helm

fury

proselyte top

proselyte bottom

SS

barows gloves

dragon boots

Inventory:

pure set

This is the set-up I use, except I use a whip+Zammy book in Zammy area. With the SS at Sara area, maybe wear an unholy symbol rather than a fury.

imevil.jpg

When I do Spirit mages, I wear

Slayer helm (for you, Niet helm since they aren't your task)

Saradomin Stole

Pros Top

Pros Legs

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Soul Wars cape

Whip

Unholy Book.

Since you're using an SS, you can switch the Cape, Legs, Body or Stole for a Zamorak version. (cloaks, vestements, symbols)

Take a super str/atk if you like to use them, and about 6 prayer pots. On a task of about 200, I usually use 3-4 pots.

Now, if it's your first time, take 2 ropes, one to get into the dungeon, and one to get to the saradomin area.

Once in, go south east and go into the saradomin area, and kill the mages there untill your prayer runs out.

Once your prayer runs out DON'T POT BACK UP, leave the saradomin area, and go north and cross the ice bridge to the Zamorak area.

Now repot your prayer points, and continue killing the Mages here.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

This is what I would wear:

Neitiznot Helm

Proselyte Body

Zamorak Robe Bottom (The treasure trail item)

Dragon Boots

Barrows Gloves

Fury Amulet

Saradomin Sword

Ring of whatever, ring isn't too important, maybe explorer if you like prayer points.

Best prayer cape you have: Soulwars>Ardougne 3>skill cape (t).

If you don't have any of these capes, it might be worth replacing the zammy robe bottom with monk robe bottoms and getting a zamorak cloak (again, the tt item).

Inventory: Prayer pots depeding on how long you wanna stay, for 100 take abuot 3-4.

Holy wrench if you fancy it.

2 ropes if you haven't been to saradomin area before.

Falador Shield for prayer restore.

Ancient Mace for special to restore prayer: IF YOU DON'T TAKE A SARADOMIN ITEM ASIDE FROM THE SWORD, DO NOT SWITCH TO THIS TO SPEC IN THE SARADOMIN AREA AS I ONCE DID

Go to the saradomin encampment first, spend all your prayer here initally, you may get the chance to fight some without prayer as they focus their attacks on the werewolf. After your prayer is empty, get yourself over to the Zamorak Zoo, use the falador shield to restore your prayer if you have one, otherwise drink some prayer potions.

A trick I tried on my last task is, if you find a world where there is a team killing the Zamorak boss, when you run out of prayer, if you have notched up 40 Zamorak kills, you can quickly run through the boss room after the boss is defeated, immediately restore your prayer at the altar there and use it to teleport back to the Zamorak Area.

Have fun, I got 4 dragon boots on my last spiritual mages task.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Thank you all for your replies, I'll be going there later on tonight when my internet here at uni is a little less laggy as there will be less people on and I'll be off msn >.> <.<

It does seem I need to get my hand on a Soul Wars cape..... Is there any possibility that I can kill Nomad with my stats (ignore the fact that I don't have the quest reqs yet)

I'll probably be using the whole:

Neitz,

Prosy Body,

Prosy legs,

D Boots,

Zammy Stole,

SS,

Barrows Gloves,

Ardy cape 2 (Don't wana risk my fire cape anywhere anymore now I have a defence cape, but I still wear my RoL :S)

And:

Sup attack and strength

Holy Wrench,

House Tab,

6 Prayer pots.

I've been into the GWD before only mostly for Avi killing or Bandos with Hemen or 1 RSOF Mass (never again with a mass). But I didn't think I could lay down the rope for the sara area as I don't have 70 agility?

Also what is worth picking up there? D boots are the obvious thing, but I have no idea what else might be good. And is it really worth it to substitute the fury for the stole? You gain 5 prayer bonus, but you lose 10 attack bonus.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Aside from Dragon boots, expect to see a lot of runes, noted essence and antipoison (3). Thats about it really

I know this isn't too helpful but you'll be able to decide which runes are worth keeping using the price checker, any extra space after all the runes can be used to hold antipoison (4) if you can be bothered to pick it up.

Also, without 70 agility you might have to just go straight to the zamorak area, I dunno if you have the level to pot up to 70, or even if you can get in with false 70 agility.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Sara mages aren't worth killing without prayer, the time lost isn't worth p pots saved.

Kill zammy mages. Prossy+nezzy and either zammy hawk when you get one or zamorack robe skirt vestment, which are only -1 less prayer then prossy legs. DO NOT use zammy book, always use defender.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I like to use...

-slay hat

-fury

-monk top(sara item proselyte for you since you have ss)

-zam robe bottom(only 1 less than prose legs and zam item)

-barrows gloves

-d boots

-whip(ss for you)

-defender(ss for you)

-sw cape

-ferc ring(I just leave this on while slaying)

That is the best in my opinion, and I just try to find an empty world and then attack all of the 3 near Kril's door and let my character automatically kill them. Also make sure to use up your rpayer before you swim across, I usually just piety/turmoil any sara mages running around in the middle until I run out of points. Also, a fighting familiar would help a lot but anything weaker than a geyser titan will probably get killed before the task is over.

EDIT: Also, no a stole is not worth it to use for this.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20