Whip or GS at Graardor?

MstrMonopoly

in my experience (with 91 attack) gs is better. However with X-tremes/turmoil I think whip+dfs/rune defender/elysian+claws would be better

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

There are some factors to think about when it comes to which weapon being the best. One thing is for sure, Abyssal whip becomes better the more accuracy boost you get.

Example of accuracy boost:

Slayer helmet, Extreme potions, Turmoil..and so on.

Things That Interrupt Your Attacks

Prayer bonus - if you have low, you will be forced to drink prayer dose

Defence - if you have low you will be damaged easier.

So looking at both weapons, Godsword and Abyssal whip...i would say both of them are equal. Godsword has +8 prayer bonus, where as Whip has 0. So Godsword is a advantage in drinking less prayer (remember, when drinking you stop your attack).

But on the other hand, Abyssal whip can nearly land two attacks before Godsword lands one. This is very good in team, constant attacks, no need to eat food because someone else is tanking. And with Rune defender, Abyssal whips penetration becomes better.

What do i recommend?

Both weapons have a advantage and disadvantage, but they seem to be equal. So i recommend that if you can afford a Godsword easily, buy one. And if you can't, then stick to Abyssal whip.

However, if you have under 75 Prayer, then i recommend a Godsword IF you can afford it.

A Last Thing

Don't join forces with teams that require you to have a Godsword. I'm sure there can be many polite and nice players/teams that require a Godsword from you, but many of them are filthy dogs deep down.

They are in other words, selfish.

Godsword is a requirement in teams because kills are so fast consistent damage over a long period is useless. That's why godswords and a good special weapon are essential. For soloing the whip is better. And drinking prayer potions doesn't lose you combat time if timed properly.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

But drinking a prayer potion doesn't interrupt your combat.

It does...it's just that if you have auto retaliate on then you will automatically continue attacking.

no it doesnt, click drink right as you get attacked then click attack again, you wont loose any time at all

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

There are some factors to think about when it comes to which weapon being the best. One thing is for sure, Abyssal whip becomes better the more accuracy boost you get.

So looking at both weapons, Godsword and Abyssal whip...i would say both of them are equal. Godsword has +8 prayer bonus, where as Whip has 0. So Godsword is a advantage in drinking less prayer (remember, when drinking you stop your attack).

But on the other hand, Abyssal whip can nearly land two attacks before Godsword lands one. This is very good in team, constant attacks, no need to eat food because someone else is tanking. And with Rune defender, Abyssal whips penetration becomes better.

What do i recommend?

Both weapons have a advantage and disadvantage, but they seem to be equal. So i recommend that if you can afford a Godsword easily, buy one. And if you can't, then stick to Abyssal whip.

However, if you have under 75 Prayer, then i recommend a Godsword IF you can afford it.

A Last Thing

Don't join forces with teams that require you to have a Godsword. I'm sure there can be many polite and nice players/teams that require a Godsword from you, but many of them are filthy dogs deep down.

That's a whole lot of words for nothing, cause like people said, if timed right, you don't loose time. And even if you did, those 20 prayer lvls wouldn't make this much off a difference tbh to make you use a worse weapon.

no it doesnt, click drink right as you get attacked then click attack again, you wont loose any time at all

Abyssal whip attack is fast, so i doubt you can "time" it for the whip.

That's a whole lot of words for nothing, cause like people said, if timed right, you don't loose time. And even if you did, those 20 prayer lvls wouldn't make this much off a difference tbh to make you use a worse weapon.

That's your opinion. And Abyssal whip is not worse than a Godsword.

Abyssal whip attack is fast, so i doubt you can "time" it for the whip.

That's your opinion. And Abyssal whip is not worse than a Godsword.

Erm, I thought every serious slayer timed his potting? (and eveyr serious slayer uses a whip). It's really not hard

And I wasn't talking about whip as worse weapon, but about the godsword obviously.

What do i recommend?

A Last Thing

Thats a load of bull. Because a team requires you to have a GS, they are selfish? Not to mention the fact that, as already mentioned, potions don't interrupt combat if timed right. In other words, you really don't know what you are talking about, and are just stating an opinion without ANY experience to back it up.

Whip+defender is better DPS for longer kills, eg smaller teams, or if you have x pots+turmoil. Without x pots+turmoil its close. In larger teams, garagedoor (:P) dies so fast, it really doesn't matter.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Mind clarifying turmoil/extremes. Coming back from an uber break, I'm extremely confused.

Turmoil is a level 95 prayer (well, not exactly a prayer, but a curse. curses are new set of prayers that you can change to and from much like ancients. You have to complete Temple At sennisten (sp) to access them. Again, it requires level 95 prayer to use). Extreme potions are herblorists only potions that are more powerful than their super counter parts (by herblorists, i mean they become untradeable when you make them, so only the maker can use them). Check up the guides

Thats a load of bull. Because a team requires you to have a GS, they are selfish? Not to mention the fact that, as already mentioned, potions don't interrupt combat if timed right. In other words, you really don't know what you are talking about, and are just stating an opinion without ANY experience to back it up.

Whip+defender is better DPS for longer kills, eg smaller teams, or if you have x pots+turmoil. Without x pots+turmoil its close. In larger teams, garagedoor (:P) dies so fast, it really doesn't matter.

Mhm i did not think of Godsword in that way. So you can time potions? I was refering to both potions and food. So if ONLY potions - then i am then not so unaware as i thought i was.