Summoning

Ezkaton

I know that I need to use up my blues and my crims first I assume to maximise on this double exp stuff, however what do you people recommend for me and is it possible to get to 88 from 68 with my charms? I am willing to spend the next weeks gathering the materials instead of buying off GE as I want to minimise the cost a bit. However I really want 88 summoning and so I will sell my visage if I need to (it's in the bank to stop me spending the money on crap).

I am going to try and calc it here, so please if I am totally wrong please tell me and help me with this.

I have:

5527 Gold Charms

3745 Greens

2726 Crim

and 412 Blue

And my starting exp is 631,560exp.

According to my friend Dan the first hour midpoint is 2.706exp, 2nd is 2.389, 3rd 2.104. So therefore:

Making 412 Mithril Minotaurs in the first hour will get me = ~648,235 exp which will get me to level - 75

Making 2726 Granite Lobster over the first and 2nd hour will net me between ~2,401,806 and 2,120,442exp netting me level - 85

Making 3745 Hydras would be next I assume over the 2nd and 3rd hours getting me between ~1,259,710 and ~1,109,430 getting me to level - 88

Is there any way that I can maximise the efficiency of this so that I do get 88 or as high a summoning level as possible? And have I picked the most efficient ways possible? Also is unicorn really better than yip?

Now onto costs, the bit I'm dreading...... (only calcing shards atm, may mix in 2nds in a bit)

412 Mith minos = 3800gp in shards each time which = 1,565,600gp

2726 Granite Lobs = 4150 in shards each time = 11,312,900gp

3745 Hydras = 3125 in shards = 11,703,125

Which totals shard costs at 24,581,625gp

That would leave me with ~11,318,375gp in my bank. (not including about 2m I may get from MTK and if I sell my SS or whip or DFS or cashing in ~2K slayer points) to play around with getting some 2nds.

Mith bars are 1664gp each so 412 = 685,568

Granite (500g) = 370gp = 1,008,620

Water Orb = 1082gp = 4,052,090

Which totals to 5,746,278gp.

Brining my bank down to ~5m or so.

First things first:

1. Is a unicorn really that much better than a yip? I've read great things, but idk if it is, so I need opinions please, lots and lots of opinions.

2. Is it really worth taking my bank from ~43m or so down to 5 for this unicorn? Again this is linked to the first point...... I am an avid slayer and when I'm home I kinda want to do a bit of boss hunting.

3. Is there any other more cost efficient and quicker way for me to get all of these items before the weekend? I think ima probably look into doing the spirit kyatt and dueling ring method rather than running from pisc to the hole. And I suffer from bad lag, this will obviously shave lots of time off what I can do meaning I have even less time to get these pouches sorted, what method can be recommended to try and combat this?

4. Would you say my calculations are realistic even though I have lag? That I can get through that amount of charms in ~3-4 hours.

5. If I got my summoning to ~70 over the next few days doing barker toads would this improve my chances of getting 88 summoning quicker?

6. How many kyatts and dueling rings do I need roughly? I might go and hunt 10 or so kyatts myself and make the pouches, is this a good rough guesstimate? But I have no idea how much on the rings.

What do you think people? Pony really worth this? Because at the minute I'm not sure..... Yip is good and all, but sometimes I need more and uni would be amazing, but idk..... Tell me what you think forum.

I'm actually going to see if I can get 74 summoning this week or so as I can use up my golds before the weekend starts and then maximise on the rest of the exp I can get. However I doubt this will change any of my other calculations?

Edited by Ezkaton

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I can only provide limited insight as I don't have the summoning level myself, but I can shed the following:

1. Remember that the money you spend on the shards and pouches is not simply spent and then gone. You can trade them back into bogrog for 70% of the shards you spent or sell them back on the GE. Those granite lobsters are also top notch for fishing.

2. The unicorn stallion is pretty much what everyone takes on any sort of high level job, like boss hunting. A huge stack of swordies in your helmet or a pretty much limitless supply taking up only 1 inventory slot is remarkable.

Damn I hit back and my post disappeared.

Use golds, greens, crimson, blues then crimsons.

Barkers will get you to 77, fruit bats to 82, about 270 granite lobsters will get you to 83, lava titans to 83 and then all the crimsons in swamp titans should put you over 89 summoning.

EDIT opps missed the questions.

1. Boss hunting its amazing, you'll regret not having 94+ hp though

2. For boss hunting its amazing its stackable food at low cost.

3. Nothing amazing really. Just click teleport the moment you hit halfway on the animation.

4. I would say yes they are realistic, of course I would make sure you get everything ready to reduce the risks.

5. Read above those golds are cheap and those extra levels really add up. Save them all

6. 6 would cover it although I would get 8 to 10 just to be sure.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Damn I hit back and my post disappeared.

Use golds, greens, crimson, blues then crimsons.

Barkers will get you to 77, fruit bats to 82, about 270 granite lobsters will get you to 83, lava titans to 83 and then all the crimsons in swamp titans should put you over 89 summoning.

EDIT opps missed the questions.

1. Boss hunting its amazing, you'll regret not having 94+ hp though

2. For boss hunting its amazing its stackable food at low cost.

3. Nothing amazing really. Just click teleport the moment you hit halfway on the animation.

4. I would say yes they are realistic, of course I would make sure you get everything ready to reduce the risks.

5. Read above those golds are cheap and those extra levels really add up. Save them all

6. 6 would cover it although I would get 8 to 10 just to be sure.

Brilliant, I'm assuming those titans are the most cost effective way to summon then? I kinda really don't want to dent my bank too badly. I'm going to edit this post in a mo with calculations and hope I get them correct based on what you're saying.

And ok I'll keep the golds etc..... Just need to find some way to get the 5K + swamp toads, the 270 granite bits, and then the other things I'll need.

EDIT: Calculations:

5527 Barker toads = ~1,301,177exp on the 1st hour calc - 79. Or 1,148,748exp on 2nd hour - 78.

Fruit Bats to 82 You said so that'll be - 5287 according to the tip.it calc, however I don't have 5287 greens D: Highest I can get with fruit bats from 78 is - between 1,084,352 and 954,992 which is - 83

The lava titans (I have 350 or so obby charms so some wont be a problem) - ~537,866 as a rough guesstimate which'll get me 85. And then I'll need 2979 crims for swamps..... Again I don't have :/ So I'll be just short, but who knows, slayer might love me.

I'll pop up costs too on here. Please check my maths.

EDIT #2: Costs:

Shards:

5527 Barker Toads = 1,519,925gp

3745 Fruit Bats = 12,171,250gp

350+ Lava Titans = 1,916,250gp

2726 Swamps = 10,222,500gp

TOTAL: 25,829,925

2nds:

5527 Swamp Toads = Free (If I can be bothered to sit for laggy hour after laggy hour picking them up) or 1,232,521gp

3745 Bananas = Free (if I can be bothered to pick them/get them for cheap from the 3 stores that sell them) or 381,990gp

Lava titan = free with obby charms as 2nds.

Swamp lizards = 4,699,624gp

TOTAL: 6,314,135

TOTAL OF JOE'S METHOD = 32,144,069 with some exp left to get for 88.

TOTAL OF OTHER METHOD = 30,327,903

I *think* I've worked that all out correctly..... hmm by the looks of it, it's more and more likely I'll get to about 80/85 before I go "TOO MUCH COST D:" And just bugger off to slay or something.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Mind me asking how you're doing it Chuz? What charms, quantities, costs etc?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Well I am doing it from 56, so I have a tad bit more charms then you do, but its costing me 18mil to get around 88, mostly because I caught my own swamp lizards, granite, and polar kebbit furs, and that I have a good 2k water tallies. But I'm going steel minotaurs, larupia's, stranger plants, arctic bears, hydras, granite lobsters, then swamps.

1. Is a unicorn really that much better than a yip? I've read great things, but idk if it is, so I need opinions please, lots and lots of opinions.

Unicorn is great for tanking monsters, and boss hunting. But for average monsters like Greater Demons, the bunyip is more efficient. But just on another note, there are more summoning familiars then just the unicorn and bunyip that are usefull in this game. So just because you're going for 88, keep in mind the benefits of all the other familiars you're gaining access to.

2. Is it really worth taking my bank from ~43m or so down to 5 for this unicorn? Again this is linked to the first point...... I am an avid slayer and when I'm home I kinda want to do a bit of boss hunting.

Is that 43m counting the money you'll get from selling your pouches/shards back?

5. If I got my summoning to ~70 over the next few days doing barker toads would this improve my chances of getting 88 summoning quicker?

Only if you can replace those 5k golds with another charm that is equal or higher in XP before the weekend starts.

6. How many kyatts and dueling rings do I need roughly? I might go and hunt 10 or so kyatts myself and make the pouches, is this a good rough guesstimate? But I have no idea how much on the rings.

Well, with one Kyatt no lag, I can make around 2k pouches. You also need one duel ring (8) for every 200 pouches you make.

Don't really have an answer for 3-4 :mellow:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Unicorn is great for tanking monsters, and boss hunting. But for average monsters like Greater Demons, the bunyip is more efficient. But just on another note, there are more summoning familiars then just the unicorn and bunyip that are usefull in this game. So just because you're going for 88, keep in mind the benefits of all the other familiars you're gaining access to.

Is that 43m counting the money you'll get from selling your pouches/shards back?

Only if you can replace those 5k golds with another charm that is equal or higher in XP before the weekend starts.

Well, with one Kyatt no lag, I can make around 2k pouches. You also need one duel ring (8) for every 200 pouches you make.

Don't really have an answer for 3-4 :mellow:

1. What other good familiars will I gain access to then? I really don't know what to use *summoning noob!*. I hear titans are always good, but their scrolls are expensive. All I know is that yip and pony = best.........

2. Without selling or trading back shards. I have no idea how much I'll make back off bogrog with trading in after the weekend, or how much I'll make by selling some back.

5. Doubt I can replace the charms, but I am slaying over the next few days non-stop like normal so that I do gain extra charms/money.

6. Ok So I guess I'll be cut down to about 1750 pouches per hour with my lag at times. And 1 per 200? That makes about = 62.05 rings.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Don't always look at combat in terms of usefullness.

Beast of Burdens are good in many places, the War Tortoise holds 18 items.

The giant Ent pouch at level 78 is amazing for seasoned farmers, as it increases the yield from Bushes, Cactus, and fruit trees

Titans are also good healing familiars, as well as fighting familiars. They're pretty good in multicombat zones where they can help you fight

Granite Lobsters give you a fishing boost (makes you catch slightly fasters) as well as catches Swordfish and Sharks while you fish

The Obsidian Golem and Lava titan give mining boosts (7 and 10 repectively) which makes you mine faster) The Lava titan is a blessing for rune miners :P

Fruit Bat is a great way to get Papayas, which can act as instant healing at boss monsters or to earn money.

The Hydra's scroll regrows your tree patch instantly after you cut it down, so no more waiting for your self grown magic tree to regrow.

Summoning is usefull in a lot of situations. While I agree that familiars like Bunyips and Unicorns are more widely used, they aren't the only good ones :wink:

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Don't always look at combat in terms of usefullness.

Beast of Burdens are good in many places, the War Tortoise holds 18 items.

The giant Ent pouch at level 78 is amazing for seasoned farmers, as it increases the yield from Bushes, Cactus, and fruit trees

Titans are also good healing familiars, as well as fighting familiars. They're pretty good in multicombat zones where they can help you fight

Granite Lobsters give you a fishing boost (makes you catch slightly fasters) as well as catches Swordfish and Sharks while you fish

The Obsidian Golem and Lava titan give mining boosts (7 and 10 repectively) which makes you mine faster) The Lava titan is a blessing for rune miners :P

Fruit Bat is a great way to get Papayas, which can act as instant healing at boss monsters or to earn money.

The Hydra's scroll regrows your tree patch instantly after you cut it down, so no more waiting for your self grown magic tree to regrow.

Summoning is usefull in a lot of situations. While I agree that familiars like Bunyips and Unicorns are more widely used, they aren't the only good ones :wink:

Heh well I really know nothing about summoning tbf. I use War Torts on some slayer tasks as they come in pretty handy.

I knew about the granite lob, I wanted one for my fishing that I'm still aiming to get into the 90s some time next term.

The golem and titan could come in useful as I find mining dire, but want to get it up so I can mine the concentrated stuff.

So all in all, would you say it's worth it? And how on earth will I calc my trade back etc? There's going to be millions of shards entering the economy with people being capped at 10K per 4 hours...... I don't think pikkupstiks let you trade them back at 25gp etc. I just don't know. So what is a good figure of return for me to get? And at the end of the day, is it worth me spending my visage on this instead of armadyl and cannonballs for range powerslaying?

EDIT: I actually think I just saw the answer to my own question a bit..... Maybe I can swing it to be able to do both summoning and slayer? I mean I have offers in for granite for the lobs and swamp toads for the barkers which'll get me somewhere into the 80's..... And armadyl has gone down 700K+ today (the armour). So maybe if I sold my visage I could swag both?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Well, for sell back, if you trade to bolrog, you'll get 70% of your shards back (DO NOT do this with gold charm pouches, you won't get many shards off these), and the pet shop owners in Yanille and Taverly buy spirit shards from you for the normal 25 each, in sets of 50k.

whatisrush-1.png

FlowerPower.png

Well, for sell back, if you trade to bolrog, you'll get 70% of your shards back (DO NOT do this with gold charm pouches, you won't get many shards off these), and the pet shop owners in Yanille and Taverly buy spirit shards from you for the normal 25 each, in sets of 50k.

Yea ok..... That sounds alright, I'll see if I can calc that for the granite lobs. If I was to sell my visage now would it sell? Also is it worth selling at the moment? Here's the price graph for it Visage. This would surely enable me to buy armadyl if I held on for a little longer this week and 80 something summoning?

Thoughts? Good Plan?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Yea ok..... That sounds alright, I'll see if I can calc that for the granite lobs. If I was to sell my visage now would it sell? Also is it worth selling at the moment? Here's the price graph for it Visage. This would surely enable me to buy armadyl if I held on for a little longer this week and 80 something summoning?

Thoughts? Good Plan?

I feel like all the bigger armours are crashing so they might go lower, as everyone seems to be buying raw materials.

Thoughts? Good Plan?

I feel like all the bigger armours are crashing so they might go lower, as everyone seems to be buying raw materials.

Yeah, So it might be easier to cash in on some slayer levels if I get any of the materials I need and buy the armadyl armour when it's at it's lowest next week.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Oh god, farming those obby charms is going to kill you. I have about 500 blues and I thought of making lava titans for summoning, it is taking me FOREVER to farm them and I am sick to death with the tzhaar area right now. I never ever want to go back there again.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Oh god, farming those obby charms is going to kill you. I have about 500 blues and I thought of making lava titans for summoning, it is taking me FOREVER to farm them and I am sick to death with the tzhaar area right now. I never ever want to go back there again.

Haha there's no way Ima farm them. I have about 350 or so in my bank from when I went and tanked tzharr for draz, chee, iyis/tz tok omg for fun. We'd go on LSing trips and I never really realised what they were for until I reached higher summoning.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

I'm in your kind of situation. Starting from 68, I'm gonna do +-2400 barker toads, switching to granite lobsters ASAP (at level 74), in order to get the best possible multiplier for my crimsons.

From there, approx 1500 crimsons, adjusting with blue charms, if need be, to reach level 80.

Then, Hydras all the way to 83, making lava titans until I run out of blue charms, then finishing my greens, and my golds after that.

Doing pouches in that order should get me the best efficiency possible, if my figure of 2k pouches per hour is correct.

WarBlastoise.png

I'm in your kind of situation. Starting from 68, I'm gonna do +-2400 barker toads, switching to granite lobsters ASAP (at level 74), in order to get the best possible multiplier for my crimsons.

From there, approx 1500 crimsons, adjusting with blue charms, if need be, to reach level 80.

Then, Hydras all the way to 83, making lava titans until I run out of blue charms, then finishing my greens, and my golds after that.

How much roughly is that costing you?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

How much roughly is that costing you?

I'll get only to 85, but approx 25M....

However, I bought my seonds minutes after the announcement.

Shards cost is about 18-20M, I think.

WarBlastoise.png

Good news or bad news for this topic first? I'll let you choose.

Good:

[hide]my 5K swamp toads came, so that's the barkers at the start sorted, and if I get a tonne of golds during slayer I can easily go and pick them up at gnome place[/hide]

Bad:

[hide]My visage still hasn't sold on GE for min. I'm considering going to the RSOF next week and asking them to take it off my hands for Arma chest and legs I guess. Though I'd rather the cash so I have options. Also my 273 granite (5K) still hasn't come yet.[/hide]

So yea...... I'm considering going half way, and when I'm 90 slayer I'll stop slaying for a bit and camp demons and the like for money and maybe boss hunt if my uni net improves and then get the unicorn. Atleast it wont destroy my cash pile.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Good:

[hide]my 5K swamp toads came, so that's the barkers at the start sorted, and if I get a tonne of golds during slayer I can easily go and pick them up at gnome place[/hide]

Bad:

[hide]My visage still hasn't sold on GE for min. I'm considering going to the RSOF next week and asking them to take it off my hands for Arma chest and legs I guess. Though I'd rather the cash so I have options. Also my 273 granite (5K) still hasn't come yet.[/hide]

So yea...... I'm considering going half way, and when I'm 90 slayer I'll stop slaying for a bit and camp demons and the like for money and maybe boss hunt if my uni net improves and then get the unicorn. Atleast it wont destroy my cash pile.

I heard granite mining is quite fast, so you might wwanna look into that.

This, or making stranger plants, requiring red flowers, from level 75, if red flower are buyable.

WarBlastoise.png

Good:

Bad:

I heard granite mining is quite fast, so you might wwanna look into that.

This, or making stranger plants, requiring red flowers, from level 75, if red flower are buyable.

Yea I'm looking into mining my own granite and then chiselling it when in bank. Would be simpler and 600K cheaper. But still There's about 6 hours till I'm up for a 9am lecture, so I'll check before/after that. And also I'm slaying to try and maximise my moneys before doing any summoning with my visage in a state of not selling atm.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Don't bother selling the visage. Instead make it into a DFS and sell that instead. Just get a friend that has 90+ smithing and is willing to help you.

The reason the visage isn't selling is that the DFS is higher. So people rather make it into the DFS and sell it at a higher price then sell at the lower price. The only reason the visage has such a high price tag is that it is related to the DFS.

OT: I love having 88 summoning. The unicorn helps a lot on some slayer tasks and it helps out a ton when boss hunting. At Sara GWD i can last for ever with a unicorn. Same at bandos if im tanking in guthans.

Also if you don't want to worry about it, just plant some herbs to get a little extra gp on the side.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]