Portal 2 anounced

Nadril

As much as I condemn the hats in P2, P-Body does look cute in a Fancy Fedora <3

Also, [hide=Spoilers]Did anyone else pick up the Turret from Redemption and got the fore-shadowing? You know: "Prometheus was punished for giving the gift of knowledge to man. He was cast into the bowels of the earth and pecked alive by Birds" - that was exactly what happened to GLaDOS. And "The answer is beneath us. Her name is Caroline", which is pretty obvious. It's pretty cool for Valve to throw in foreshadowing techniques like that.[/hide]

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Spoilers] Caroline = Free Man.[/hide]

Wonder if that was on purpose :P.

Knowing Valve it probably was.

I have 37/50 achievements on steam now, and I'll probably have them in the next few days. My friend and I are also going to replay it a ton, because we both want to completely memorize the dialogue and exactly what happens. It'll probably take me like 10 playthroughs lol. I already have like 12 hours on the game, which I think is a little crazy o.o

15 hours, sup. I've been working full time too. Only 33/50 achievements though.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Just beat it. Really amazing game as expected.

edit:

Probably my favorite quote from the game in my sig. Cave Johnson is the [bleep]ing man.

Spoilers:

[hide]So what did you guys think about Glados being Caroline? Thought it was a pretty awesome way to move the story.

I am trying to figure out anything that might connect it to the Half Life universe. Right now the only thing that popped out at me was Cave Johnson talking about how Black Mesa stole all of their technologies. If they stole most of them back than... what about the portal gun? [/hide]

[hide]I thought the same. Both Caroline being GLaDOS (how did she AI-a-fiy herself though?) and the links between Black Mesa and Portal. because they made that reference in the credits of Portal 1 also. Maybe there's a connection? :o

[/hide]

[hide]One of the messages Cave Johnson had made, he said that he wanted to be able to put human personalities in computers and such.

He also said that if he would die (From the moon rock poison) he wanted Caroline to take his place as CEO (or leader or whatever).

Maybe before he died, he managed to put Caroline into the GLaDOS AI.[/hide]

Finished the single player and co op. Was masses of fun, I only wish it was a little longer... seemed a tad short to me

I never really understood that thing with Cave Johnson and Caroline.. Why did Johnson have the testing thing in the first place? And, as I understand it.. he mader her into a robot or something (i.e. GLaDOS?) or she mader herself into it..? :confused:

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

[hide=Spoilers]JfMdB.jpg[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

spoiler?

when you get to the part where he kills you. part wheatly says he found the 2 robots and glados said she came up with them, could they be the "suprise" she was talking about in portal 1 before you killed her?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

spoiler?

when you get to the part where he kills you. part wheatly says he found the 2 robots and glados said she came up with them, could they be the "suprise" she was talking about in portal 1 before you killed her?

[hide]No, the surprise was supposed to be cake and a party, and the surprise in Portal 2 was a (fake) meeting with your parents that GLaDOS (supposedly) found.

Also, if you read the newspapers in the salt mines after you open the giant hatch, you see that Aperture Science is in Michigan, and I guess Cave just wanted to do some sciencey stuff, so he bought the mines and made the facility down there.

One more thing; at the beginning, it says you've been asleep for 9,999,999 days, and this is about 27,000 years. Does this seem plausible for anyone else? It always seemed to me that Portal 1 was in the early or mid 2,000s, so that would mean Portal 2 takes place around the year 29,000...[/hide]

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

[hide=Spoilers] The announcer program is obviously corrupt. To rely on it keeping an accurate count of how long Chell was in stasis is just as absurd, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide]I believe it's around 200 years or so in the future, so yeah, the 270 years in the future might be right[/hide]

Hehe, fun to see this thread is full of hidden messages now :D So you better play the game if you want to be able to post something here.

[hide=Spoilers? I guess?]

Team Fortress 2.

Blu = Aperture Sciences.

Red= Black Mesa

Both companies hired armies, during the 1950-60s, to spy/ gather information on what either company is making, doing, researching, whatever.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg[/hide]

[hide=This is a spoiler for sure]

Mutant Prying Mantis?

Antlions.[/hide]

should i get this for 360?

my laptop cant handle it and i dont have a failstation 3

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Just got it today. Sadly its not immune to my graphics card driver crash (I'm meaning to get around to installing windows 7 to fix it sometime...). It's annoying as its a frequent problem.

Aweosme game so far, only a bit into chaper 3. Particularly liked the bit about the horrible person :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

should i get this for 360?

my laptop cant handle it and i dont have a failstation 3

The 360 version doesn't have Steam incorporation, nor does it have cross-platform co-op (which the "failstation 3" does have), so if you don't mind these things, then go get it. It's a game you have to play.

priest_wiz.png

Just got it today. Sadly its not immune to my graphics card driver crash (I'm meaning to get around to installing windows 7 to fix it sometime...). It's annoying as its a frequent problem.

Aweosme game so far, only a bit into chaper 3. Particularly liked the bit about the horrible person :P

You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.

You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.

One of my favorite quotes :grin:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

[hide]When GLADoS said she had a warehouse full of companion cubes, I actually felt more rage than I have ever felt from any game or movie.[/hide]

[hide]Yeah that was a pretty low blow. But when I smuggled the third one out after the test, right before you get on the elevator with it she kills it and says "I think that one was about to say 'I love you'". FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-[/hide]

All I can say is Stephen Merchant needs to voice-act in more videogames. He's hilarious.

And @Abc, I can still read your message on the right forum skin, I think you made the text a shade too light. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

[hide=It's been a few days. Are hide tags still necessary?]

What's up with the fat turret at the end with the Italian opera thing?

[/hide]

[hide=Spoilers]It's just a nice little ending. The fat turret is Ellen McClain (probably representing the 'Fat' lady at the operas). I really liked it, and apparently, the entire SPUF community do too. I'm hoping Gabe responds to my email about it 3:[/hide]