Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Portal 2 anounced

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
http://www.joystiq.c...er-due-in-2010/
Posted Image

The past week's bizarre pair of updates to Portal seemed to point towards an impending announcement of a sequel, and, well, they did. Game Informer has revealed that its April 2010 cover story is none other than ... Portal 2 -- which Valve has given a release window of "this holiday season." The magazine's site teases the 12-page feature, calling the game "a full-fledged, standalone sequel" with "new gameplay mechanics, storyline, and some surprising new twists."

We'd venture a guess that one of those twists has to do with wherever the portal featured in the cover art leads to -- a misty, jungle setting where some sort of seemingly derelict facility stands, overrun with vines. The flip-side of the cover is (cleverly) a view back through this portal into a familiar Aperture Science setting. Finally, the single cover line mentions "the people who are still alive," a potential hint at a reason for venturing into the new setting in the first place.

http://www.joystiq.c...xtended-ending/
http://www.joystiq.c...n-radio-messag/

If anyone was keeping up these past few days valve started to hint at a sequel with a pair of strange endings. Today Joystiq found out that, yeah, it's an announcement for Portal 2.

Today's big reveal of Portal 2 as next month's Game Informer cover did lots of us in the maniacal excitement department, but little for us in the hard facts department. But now, between Eurogamer being told by Valve that the game is heading to Xbox 360 and PC, and Game Informer's reveal that the sequel features a "two-player co-op mode [with] its own campaign [featuring] two new playable characters" (not to mention that it's set to release at "full retail price") we're ... well ... we're still kinda hurting for more news. The most important question of the moment, though: Can we have it right now? Please? We know you said this holiday, but what if we say pretty please? With cherries on top?

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/07/portal-2-gi-feature-gets-scanned-is-internetalised-looks-awesome/

* The game takes place hundreds of years after the original. Hence why the Apature centure looks a lot like a jungle possibly.
* GlaDOS returns as the main villain, with the subject from the last game, Chell, coming back to be the protagonist.
* The co-op campaign is separate from the main story in the game. It lets you play as two bipedal robots.
* Those personality cores thrown into the fire at the end of the last game? They’ve shut off areas of the Apature lab and made it their own.
* Physics has a bigger role this time, with one demo showing a portal could be used from an air vent to suck air from one area to an another.
* Reflection cubes will be added to the game for laser-based puzzles.
* Valve had no idea Portal 1 would be so big.
* The original Portal was seen as a “test bed”. The sequel will be a fully fledged title.

GAME INFORMER SCANS
http://s183.photobuc...70/pizzashapes/
Not hotlinking because bandwidth exceeded.
TRAILER SOME TIME THIS WEEK

I read the scans, as well as I could..

-A personality core revives you and asks for help, he helps you through the challenges and awakens GLaDOS by mistake.
-Game takes place after Half Life Anything (so clearly Freeman wins, we don't need E3 now :( )
-GLaDOS will use her "sexy" voice (the one she uses at the end of the first game)
-Co-op, you play as two robots, one modded from a core, another from a turret. They each shoot their own separate portals (no mention of the color) and the coop campaign is either parallel or has nothing to do with the single player campaign.
-Still Alive 2

Skull
[ Display Name History ]

Skull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,790 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Oh man, this should be great. I can't wait to see what they've added to an already awesome concept.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
So many questions. Curse you Valve. :S

hzvjpwS.gif

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel
OMG THIS IS AWESOME

I can't wait... I really can't wait...

Knowing my luck it won't work on my computer (like the original Portal) but I'm still very excited. Even though I've never been able to play Portal because my graphics card is specifically of the 'noob' type, I've watched so many YouTube videos :P

I just hope they don't ruin it!

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Wingless
[ Display Name History ]

Wingless

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • RSN:Nephilim
AMG
I WAS LIKE
WTFLILLOLOOFEV
WHEN I SAW THIS ON STEAM FORUMS

But yeah! Apparently, it might be a full retail price game (£30-40?)

Ninane - as far as we know, we're being dragged away by a box of beans (from the model viewer data anyway). But it can be assumed that it was a APSCI Military Android, with a very odd Chinese/South African accent.

Posted Image

ThurinEthir
[ Display Name History ]

ThurinEthir

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,999 posts
  • RSN:Penguinduck3
[bleep] YEAH
That is all.
(I can't wait)
Posted Image
Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.
Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Shiny
[ Display Name History ]

Shiny

Combo Breaker

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Hellsrider7
WTF BBQ IMMA WANT

Rather... Portal 2 is gonna be mean as fun.
Posted Image

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts
I still haven't got around to playing the first one yet, guess I need to get on that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

So many questions. Curse you Valve. :S

e:

Today's big reveal of Portal 2 as next month's Game Informer cover did lots of us in the maniacal excitement department, but little for us in the hard facts department. But now, between Eurogamer being told by Valve that the game is heading to Xbox 360 and PC, and Game Informer's reveal that the sequel features a "two-player co-op mode [with] its own campaign [featuring] two new playable characters" (not to mention that it's set to release at "full retail price") we're ... well ... we're still kinda hurting for more news. The most important question of the moment, though: Can we have it right now? Please? We know you said this holiday, but what if we say pretty please? With cherries on top?

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Posted Image
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

rocc0
[ Display Name History ]

rocc0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,397 posts
Two things I want from Portal 2:

- More of the same.
- Online multiplayer.

As for the second one, I believe one of the most epic things in gaming history would be some sort of "Capture the Cube" online game.

TANSTAAFL

doomy
[ Display Name History ]

doomy

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,679 posts
OhMyGodYes.

And Co-op? Sweet!

Doomy edit: I like sheep

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
The only way this could get better if it came packaged with Half-Life Episode 3.

D:

EDIT - And came out yesterday.
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts
The rumor of them merging Portal 2 and Half Life storylines is more fanmade than anything else. The universe is the same for each storyline but the events occur at different times. Thus, I am highly doubting complete cross between the two, but more or less a few mentions like the boat.

Either way the code they updated the game with a week ago, was just pure insane fun trying to decipher. I got pretty far into it until I saw that you needed HyperTerminal and a modem to do the BBS phone line. That deterred me from finishing.

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit
Must have this game the second it's available!

Posted Image

Different parts of Valve work on different games.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

The rumor of them merging Portal 2 and Half Life storylines is more fanmade than anything else. The universe is the same for each storyline but the events occur at different times. Thus, I am highly doubting complete cross between the two, but more or less a few mentions like the boat.

Either way the code they updated the game with a week ago, was just pure insane fun trying to decipher. I got pretty far into it until I saw that you needed HyperTerminal and a modem to do the BBS phone line. That deterred me from finishing.

It's not fan made, there is a pretty obvious connection.

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts

It's not fan made, there is a pretty obvious connection.

The fan made part is that Valve is going to converge the two games into one game. What is not fan made is that the events in Half Life & Portal are contained in the same universe but not necessarily at the same time. This is found from clues found in the game (and hinted/directly said in interviews with Valve). My post did not contain an 'it', it contained multiple "its', so if you want to refine your post, please be specific in which it you're referring to, thanks - for your convenience I re-explained myself more bluntly.

Harakiri
[ Display Name History ]

Harakiri

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,883 posts

Posted Image

I agree. More Half-Life, less other Valve stuff.
Posted Image

Shiny
[ Display Name History ]

Shiny

Combo Breaker

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Hellsrider7

Posted Image

I agree. More Half-Life, less other Valve stuff.

I disagree. Valve needs moar portal/tf2/l4d.'

You know it.
Posted Image

Furah
[ Display Name History ]

Furah

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,081 posts
  • RSN:Emp Midget
  • Clan:Reddit
That we do. :grin:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users