Portal 2 anounced

Nadril

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the single player.

Wow. I cannot say anything. It's just simply... amazing.

My favorite part of the ending was the part involving turrets :thumbup: The ending overall was really good though.

(That's as specific as I'm going to get)

[hide=Spoilerz]Tomorrow my friend and I are going to look for the Borealis, which just has to be underground somewhere[/hide]

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

[hide=Super Spoiler.] The Borealis isn't in there, it's just a dry dock and a life preserver with the name "Borealis" on it.[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide=Super Spoiler.] The Borealis isn't in there, it's just a dry dock and a life preserver with the name "Borealis" on it.[/hide]

[hide]Yeah I just looked it up, and there is a ship down there, but you can't go on it :/[/hide]

Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

God damn I wish I had a job so I could buy this right now...

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Just beat it. Really amazing game as expected.

edit:

Probably my favorite quote from the game in my sig. Cave Johnson is the [bleep]ing man.

Spoilers:

[hide]So what did you guys think about Glados being Carolina? Thought it was a pretty awesome way to move the story.

I am trying to figure out anything that might connect it to the Half Life universe. Right now the only thing that popped out at me was Cave Johnson talking about how Black Mesa stole all of their technologies. If they stole most of them back than... what about the portal gun? [/hide]

Just beat it. Really amazing game as expected.

edit:

Probably my favorite quote from the game in my sig. Cave Johnson is the [bleep]ing man.

Spoilers:

[hide]So what did you guys think about Glados being Carolina? Thought it was a pretty awesome way to move the story.

I am trying to figure out anything that might connect it to the Half Life universe. Right now the only thing that popped out at me was Cave Johnson talking about how Black Mesa stole all of their technologies. If they stole most of them back than... what about the portal gun? [/hide]

[hide]I thought the same. Both Carolina being GLaDOS (how did she AI-a-fiy herself though?) and the links between Black Mesa and Portal. because they made that reference in the credits of Portal 1 also. Maybe there's a connection? :o

[/hide]

Popoto.~<3

Playing online with randomers isn't a lot of fun...

Can 2 people add me on Steam and give me a hug? :3

My username is priestwiz.

If Steam works when I get on after work I'll help you with it.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

[hide=Spoilers] Caroline = Cave Johnson's wife.

Carolina = north-carolina.jpg

[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide=Spoilers] Caroline = Cave Johnson's wife.

Carolina = north-carolina.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=Spoilers]Agreed.

It makes me wonder though: what is Chell going to do now that she's free? I mean, Aperture is in a dead-end corner of where ever it's set, so how is she going to find civilisation without drowning/starving? Maybe I'm just thinking about it to hard.

Oh, and, yeah, GLaDOS being Caroline is quite a story-twist. I managed to spoil myself by listening to the end song that was leaked aaaaages ago, and when she mentioned 'Caroline is in here too... and then she woke me up, so I can live forever' that bit was just playing in my head over and over again, so I honestly thought that Caroline was another test subject that we'd get to meet in P2. GLaD it wasn't my idea, then, because that really sucks to how it actually came out [/ramble]

And I thought that Caroline was his daughter/extremely favoured test subject - well, that's what I picked up when I saw she was a test subject in the Boots video. Not sure, though.[/hide]

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Should I finish the first Portal before playing this one? Or is the story kind of supplementary?

Portal 1 is a short game, so it wouldn't hurt to finish it.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Welp I guess that's irrelevant since Gamestop was out of Portal 2 anyways :P Should've preordered it

And I only have the trial for Portal 1 ;_; Does it come with Portal 2 or will I still have to buy it?

wl7w9j.png

You'd have to buy it. It's like £7 on Steam (not sure if that's cheaper than XBLA though), so it's not like it's a lot of money.

You could always buy P2 on Steam, they never run out of copies ;3 (unless you actually cannot run P2, even on lowest, then disregard that last part)

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

[hide=Spoilers]

I just did a playthrough with dev commentaries... I'm pretty disappointed in them now.

They said that originally, Wheatley had turrets and mash plates, but it was "too punishing" for playtesters. Also they removed the masher plates from most test chambers. And particularly jarring - remember that part where Wheately is like "Aristotle vs... MASHY SPIKE PLATE!". Well guess what. You can shoot either portal at the wall segment, and it will still work. They hard coded it to where if you shot the wrong one (which should normally kill you) it would automatically place a portal for you underneath the beam.

Basically they made a ton of changes to the game to cater to people who apparently don't like challenges.

*Sigh* Oh well, it was an amazing game anyway. And we always have those talented and sadistic fans to create mind bending puzzles.

[/hide]

Finished singleplayer.

I was blown away at the ending.

[spoiler=Spoilers]I laughed when I realized I had to shoot the moon. I remembered Cave Johnson talking about how that one gel was from moon rocks. Oh yeah, the song at the end kicked ass. It's just as good if not better than Still Alive.

[hide=Spoilers]Turrets song lyrics, apparently. The lyrics was in Italian.

"what a shame, what a shame, I won't see you, bye, good bye. My Friend

run, run for so that it won't happen again,

if it happens,

run, run, friend

because I adore you."

HyGTq.jpg[/hide]

One particularly funny bit that I liked.

[hide=Spoilers]GLaDOS: Well, this is the part where he kills us.

Wheatley: Hello! This is the part where I kill you.

Chapter 9: The part where he kills you.

Achievement unlocked: The part where he kills you.

[/hide]

[hide=Spoilers] Caroline = Free Man.[/hide]

Wonder if that was on purpose :P.

Knowing Valve it probably was.

I have 37/50 achievements on steam now, and I'll probably have them in the next few days. My friend and I are also going to replay it a ton, because we both want to completely memorize the dialogue and exactly what happens. It'll probably take me like 10 playthroughs lol. I already have like 12 hours on the game, which I think is a little crazy o.o

s2k10n.png