Solo'ing kbd with melee

w0odspriteV2

What would be my best set-up

81 defence

80 strength

76 att

Planning on using a slayer mask since I have 'em as my task.

Should I protect melee with proselyte? Or just take my chances with rune and pray piety, or proselyte with piety o.O

Also what weapon should I use, I know they're weak to stab but is lbs > whip?

2d0f03c.png

KBD

This gives you setups etc. Use Karils or Black Dhide, Protect melee, drink anti-fire, anti-poison etc. Anyways, I'll let you read the rest. If you're on a slayer task, it's a fun diversion and probably much easier.

Oh and with the LBS vs whip, IMO whip is great against all but mithril which need the LBS. Keep with whip ;)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I can easily solo a full load of hides/bones off task with a bunyip with my stats. You should have no trouble, assuming you have a bunyip.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Since you aren't high enough level to use veracs or z spear, whip+antidragon shield with karils praying melee is the best choice, or ranging with ruby/diamond bolts (e).

Zammy spear if you have super antis, leaf bladed sword or whip without.

Couldn't I just tank his hits and do more damage with piety?

+ dragon shield and antifire pots

Without a DFS as the shield you'd be taking a hell of a lot of damage; it'd be managable but far less kills per trip since you'll use more food (Probably around the same number or ppots though).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Without a DFS as the shield you'd be taking a hell of a lot of damage; it'd be managable but far less kills per trip since you'll use more food (Probably around the same number or ppots though).

With Super Anti and Piety/Melee pray, the bunyip overheals me. DFS isn't necessary, Anti-Dragon will do.

With Super Anti and Piety/Melee pray, the bunyip overheals me. DFS isn't necessary, Anti-Dragon will do.

That's with maxed stats though, not 76/80/81 melees, also do you mean pray both melee and piety or just one or the other?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Pray both, and since bunyip was overhealing me, bunyip + food should be fine at lower levels.

Are you serious!? Do Super Anti's really make THAT huge of a difference? Using Piety + Melee Prayer + DFS, there's times when my Unicorn doesn't even keep up. How much do Super Antis block his Special breath attacks?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Super Antifire almost always blocks it, although I have to say I was hit for stuff like 5s or 10s by it from time to time, nothing big. It's really VERY useful.

KBD

This gives you setups etc. Use Karils or Black Dhide, Protect melee, drink anti-fire, anti-poison etc. Anyways, I'll let you read the rest. If you're on a slayer task, it's a fun diversion and probably much easier.

Oh and with the LBS vs whip, IMO whip is great against all but mithril which need the LBS. Keep with whip ;)

Wearing prossy or initiate is better than karils. I've tested it myself

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

KBD

Wearing prossy or initiate is better than karils. I've tested it myself

Heh I didn't know :) I was only going on what the guide on tip.it says...... Reckon you'll write an updated guide for us Toast? I'd sure love to KBD on a few of my slayer tasks.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I just attempted this yesterday with the following setup:

Slayer helm

Ammy of fury

Karils top & bottom

Infinity boots

Whip

Dfs

Barrows gloves

Ardy cape 3

Ring of wealth

In my inventory I had:

Super set

Pray pot x4

Antifire x2

Super antipoison x2

Sharks

+War tortoise full of sharks

I was able to kill him 10 times per trip, which was just about enough time for my war tort to run out, and I filled almost all of my invent and war tort with drops.

It worked well for me. The only problem I had was that it was really difficult to find an empty world.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

I was able to kill him 10 times per trip, which was just about enough time for my war tort to run out, and I filled almost all of my invent and war tort with drops.

It worked well for me. The only problem I had was that it was really difficult to find an empty world.

I didn't know it was possible to solo him that much in 1 trip... Sounds great to try out next time I get a black drag task...

Thx for nice info lads!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I didn't know it was possible to solo him that much in 1 trip... Sounds great to try out next time I get a black drag task...

Thx for nice info lads!

Just using a Unicorn, No tortoise. I can solo about 12 a trip, so it's more then possible. Having Black drags as a task makes the kills A LOT faster.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Also flicker piety to save food. With my stats and a bunyio I can solo 12 a trip, so I'd imagine on task with overloads and turmoil+unicorn you can get 35+

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png