paul191600

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl:

The driver laughs and lets you off the hook. However, he tells you that you won't get far without credits, the established currency. You begin walking towards a forest.

Stephen:

You figure that you are better off looking for an already established camp, since most of the materials are irradiated.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Right, okay.

Right, okay. Stephen notes smoke in the sky and walks towards it, maneuvering through some undergrowth with his hunting knife.

[Level of Godmodding acceptable? If not, I walk aimlessly around in a circle.]

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Stephen:

(generally not, a better way would be to say, "Stephen looks for any structures or bases nearby". Then I roll or use a predetermined area. It's fine this time, though.)

You spot a campfire near a small shed. There are two rookie scavengers, much like yourself. They are standing near the fire, with one hand outstretched towards the smoldering pit. They seem to be muttering incoherent sayings, and look a little roughed up.

Karl:

You realize that you don't have a gas mask. You walk deeper into the forest, till you find a freshly killed body of a scavenger.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

I don't like talking in the third person if I'm not using my real name, so unless it's bad in some way, I'll just use I from now on..

I keep my hand over my handgun as I approach them, with my other hand outstretched to show I mean no harm. But if they are edgy/threatening then I'll shoot them. I want to find out what's in the pit.

Stephen:

As you begin walking towards them, you break a branch, and gain their attention. They turn around, and begin yelling more incoherent sayings. Both of them begin taking shots at you with their 9mm hanguns, although they seem brain-dead. You shoot at the first one, and miss. However, you take a shot at the second one, and hit him directly in the heart, killing him instantly. The other misses.

(+.3 handgun proficiency)

(-2 9mm rounds)

Karl:

You search the body, and notice that there are several mid-sized holes in the neck. However, they don't look like bullet holes. The wounds have clotted, and no blood is seen. You find a multi-purpose PDA on the body.

(+0.1 salvage)

TUBULAR BELLS!

Karl:

You hear somebody shouting orders nearby in the forest. It sounds like a small group of men.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Stephen continues shooting at the other one, but gives him a chance to run away first. After dispatching him, I search their bodies and look into the pit, using my geiger counter to determine if it's safe to explore it further.

Stephen:

The scavenger shoots at you, but the bullet completely misses. You fire another shot and hit the scavenger in the chest, killing him. You search the bodies, and find another 37 9mm rounds and a PDA. You figure that something must have been very wrong with the two men, and their faces seem covered with medium-sized welts. You look at the pit, which is a simple fire pit. After doing so, you check you geiger counter, but there is very little radiation detected. You spot an abandoned factory nearby.

+0.1 handgun prof.

+0.5 salvage

Karl:

The PDA has a GPS, a contacts list, log, and various other apps. The partrol walks by, and the leader shouts, "Has anyone found him yet?"

TUBULAR BELLS!

Karl examines the patrol to see what they are carrying and stays perfectly still. He readies his hand gun in case they see him and start to shoot. He also checks the contacts list on the PDA.

LNYvk.png

Karl:

The patrol seems to be outfitted well, with bulletproof vests and a woodland cammo scheme. They all carry AK-47's. However, they do not have the standard outfit of the UN security forces in the area. You check the contacts list on the PDA, and see a list of names of people you don't know. It says that some of the contacts are nearby, and pinpoints several of the patrol men on your GPS.

Stephen:

You walk towards the factory. A person in an upper floor spots you, and then a megaphone blares, "Put your weapon down now!". Several men with black trench coats and ski-masks walk on the roof, aiming their weapons towards you.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Kimako prepares for the rustling sound in the forest and moves closer...very very slowly. If she sees anything bad, she takes careful aim and tries to pop it in the eyes.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Karl turns the PDA off and attempts to inch away from the forces. He watches where he steps and takes great care not to step on anything that would make a sound.

LNYvk.png

Karl:

As you inch away, you step on a squirrel, which lets out a loud squeal, running away. Suddenly, 4 headlamps are pointing at your direction, and the leader of the forces shouts, "Come out slowly with your hands in the air!"

Kimako:

Suddenly, a dog runs out of the forest. It seems slightly mutated, with skin covering where its eyes should be. You are well prepared, and a single shot to the head takes it down.

-1 9mm round

+0.2 handgun prof.

Stephen:

One of the men comes out and searches you for explosives. He looks at your PDA, and then finishes searching. The apparent leader yells on the megaphone, "What is your business in renegade territory?!"

TUBULAR BELLS!

Ewwww, mutated dog.

Kimako checks for how many bullets she has left, before trying to find some human settlement where she could find a gas mask or other protective gear.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

"I am here to learn, and to reinvent myself. That I am in your territory is coincidence. I have no knowledge of this area, but seek to find others who will help me, and if I can, I will help them back. I pray for your mercy, and ask if you would teach me, or if I may join you somehow. As you can see, I mean you no harm."

Kimako:

You count 49 rounds. You are surrounded by forest, and hear some shouting nearby.

Stephen:

The renegades look you over, and smile. The leader hollers on the megaphone, "We will let you stay here, for now."

Karl:

The leader glances at you and mutters, "He's no renegade..." He then asks, "Why do you have our scout's PDA? Where is he?"

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Two factions have been discovered!

Renegades, Zombified (discovered by Stephen)

(More in-depth info will be given on the factions later. For now, you can see what % of the zone they make up on the front page)

TUBULAR BELLS!