paul191600

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimako presses her back up against a tree and prepares to start shooting at any minute. She also prepares to charge in and start knifing, if she has a knife.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Karl:

As soon as you tell the leader about the wounds, he curses, and then says, "Everybody move out, now! Scavenger, if you want to survive, you better follow us to our forest outpost!" Suddenly, you hear a roar echo through the woods, although it doesn't sound like any animal.

Kimako:

There is nobody in the area. You continue on, and come across an outpost, with a large anarchy symbol on the wall. There are several guards patrolling the area. One of them spots you, and says, "State your business here!"

Stephen:

You walk around the camp, although most people seem more interested in your supplies then making friends. You come across a trader. He asks, "What ya need?"

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

"I come as an ambassador of the Japanese government, trying to establish friendly relations with the groups in the area. I offer the aid of myself and our government, if you will help us set up in the area, as we are rather late arrivals."

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Kimako:

As soon as the word "government" comes out from your lips, the guard yells, "This is anarchist territory!"

Stephen:

The trader says, "You need better equipment than that to survive here! I have everything the black market has to offer! If you need work, see the boss."

Karl:

You hear some heavy breathing coming from the brush. Suddenly, one of the men is grabbed by some invisible creature, which jumps a large distance back into the woods. You hear the muffled screams abruptly stop. The leader says, "Keep moving, go go go!"

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

"Are you a fool or a madman? The lands around here are ruled by others far more dangerous to your freedoms than the government. Would you rather have aid from a government thousands of miles away or be controlled by local tyrants? With the former, at least they don't have a hold on you."

Karl:

You arrive back at the camp with the rest of the group. The leader shouts to one of the guardsmen, and a siren goes off. The whole camp is now on alert, and several men are posted on towers with light mg's.

Kimako:

You are interrupted by a siren, and the guard runs off.

Stephen:

You speak to the boss. He says, "We renegades are just here to make some pocket change, y'know? People call us bandits, thieves, murderers, cutthroats, and the list could go on. Point is, we might not have a great reputation, but our goal isn't so different from the rest of the factions here. You said you wanted work, now? I have the perfect job for you. Several of our men went missing yesterday, looking for an artifact. Find the group, along with the artifact and then return to me. I will make it worth your while."

TUBULAR BELLS!

Karl ask the captain exactly what that thing that attacked the scout was. I keep my hand gun ready just in case. Karl also asks if the captain wants the scouts PDA.

LNYvk.png

I nod at the captain, and return to the trader to ask him if he has anything for me that will help with my mission. After that, I look for a guide who will take me near to the area where the scouts were.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Karl:

You figure now isn't the best time to ask questions. Before you can, one of the men in the towers yells, "I'm picking up something on the thermal binoculars. It's only 200 ft. away, and moving in fast!" Everyone around you readies their weapon at the location the scout points out.

Stephen:

The trader hands you a generic double barrel shotgun (poor quality, moderate condition), and 10 buckshot. The brand name has faded away. He takes your PDA, and marks the location where the last transmission was recieved from.

TUBULAR BELLS!

I guess I begin to make my way to the co-ordinates. I'll sling the shotgun over my back and advance with the geiger counter and handgun out, being careful to avoid areas of high radiation. I move quickly and am no doubt attracting the attention of something, but hopefully not for too long considering my pace.

God, roleplaying stalker is more fun than playing it.

Anyway, 2am. I'm going to bed, so this is my last post tonight. Thanks Paul.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

(Heh, I didn't think anyone would have known about that game :P)

TUBULAR BELLS!

You think this is interesting you should try dungeoneering (may sound stupid but there is a certain buzz that comes when you melt a golem down in a 60 foot deep pit)

LNYvk.png

Karl:

As the creature approaches, the leader shouts, "Fire at will!" You, along with the whole rest of the camp, fire a barrage of bullets at the creature, shredding it to pieces. One man throws a grenade as well, completely blowing it up into to a fine mist of blood.

+0.3 handgun prof.

-5 9mm rounds

Stephen:

As you approach the coordinates, you see several people, wearing some sort of military armor, standing around some metallic object. They are all chanting some strange prayer.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Karl:

The captain tells you, "Nobody has officially named it yet, but most people simply call it a bloodsucker. Basically, it is a 7' tall humanoid, slightly hunched over, with a bunch of half-foot tentacles for a mouth. They also have strong claws, and can tear you to shreds if you aren't careful. The most dangerous part about them is their ability to cloak themselves, often when they sneak up on their prey. If you fall victim to one of these, it will wrap its tentacles around your neck, and well then...you get the picture." The captain thinks for a second. He then says, "I forgot to introduce myself. I am Matthew, a general of Freedom. Our main hq is located a bit deeper in the zone itself." Matthew then hands you 10 9mm rounds and 100c for your help.

TUBULAR BELLS!

Karl:

Matthew says, "I have no clue. They are so dangerous that many people just flee at the sound of one." The trader says that 100c is only enough to buy some ammo, and that most weapons start from 500c up. Armor goes from 800c up. One of the local guardsmen tells you that a nearby mobile ecologist bunker might have some missions. He marks the location for you on the PDA, which Matthew let you keep.

TUBULAR BELLS!