Slayer/Cash motivation

L0rdAki

So i've stuck with slayer for a while and am now level 70! Yay!

I'm getting a little concerned with the small profit that i'm making. That, and subpar exp/hour is starting to put me off.

Every little bit adds up, and i'm collecting all gems/herbs/whatevers, but I'm feeling like i'd get faster exp and more cash an hour meleeing blue drags. :|

Motivation time ftw! I'm aiming for 99 defence, which I will eventually get, and I plan on having close to 50M by the time i'm there.

At 99 defence, i'll have 89 hp and 85 slayer if I keep slaying. It might take me a while, though, and I don't know if i'll have 50m.

Should I keep on with slayer, or switch to dragons? If I switch, which defence level should I switch at?

Current stats:

Slayer Helm, Guthan's Body, Torag's Legs, D boots, B gloves, Whip, 13m cash.

80 attack/75 str/81 defence/82 HP/82 Range/75 Mage

Thanks.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

If your finding it tedious with little rewards, look at the master you are using. I find most tasks to be profitable one way or another. Then again I get mostly Dragons as tasks.

If you are just after the defense levels, go for dragons straight up, that's my two cents otherwise you will just drag it out alot longer than you should.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

*Warning* Biased Efficiency freak post *Warning*

Yeah. I feel like i'm slaying inefficiently with the gear i'm using. I like slayer and love the little profits on the side, but feel like I need cash and defence now more then funz .

Am I right to melee blues in watchtower now? If so, what gear? If not, what's a good alternative to melee and make cash? (Greens = out of teh question. way to crowded.)

Get veracs and piety, cannon and multicombat every task you get. Its less money on some tasks, but a lot more exp/hour.

Use kurdael (sp?) as the 4(0)+ of the ring really helps a lot on any tasks in her dungeon.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

If you're going to melee anything that isn't slayer go with armoured zombies. From 89-93 defence trying them out I made ~20m.

However in the end I regretted it because I have only just got 85 slayer, whereas if I had slayed all the way I'd have been 85+ long long ago

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Well at the lower levels you won't get that great of gp or exp. Once you get higher in combat, slayer level, and masters you will be getting better tasks and exp. But at lower levels its probably best to also farm herbs. I know yesterday i put toadflax herbs in the ge at min and the sold auto at max so that might be something to look into.

It is up to you which way to go. All my combat skill, including range and a little magic, have come from slaying. I love the skill and I am so happy i finally got 99. After I get a few skills up i plan on going back and getting 15m+ exp in the skill.

Slayer isn't the best or fastest way to gain combat and exp. If you think you should train another way then do so.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

WOAH WOAH WOAH HOLD ON THERE

Looking at your stats, 99 defence will take AGES to get. (Believe me, I used to be 80/80/99) And I realized now it would have been a helluvalot faster if you had more even stats, as in, something like 90/90 before trying to tackle defence.

And for slayer, you'll probably start to make more cash once you hit 73/74ish. Wyvrens profit (although people who whine/complaine/or are misinformed are likly to block them) Because as long as you can kill at least 3 with an inventory of monkfish you profit because the bones are roughly 5kish.

And Jungly Wyrms have great loot + possibly the hexcrest.

I do advise getting 99 defence, such a sexy cape, but just get some more even stats before trying to. It will make things a lot faster ;)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

WOAH WOAH WOAH HOLD ON THERE

Looking at your stats, 99 defence will take AGES to get. (Believe me, I used to be 80/80/99) And I realized now it would have been a helluvalot faster if you had more even stats, as in, something like 90/90 before trying to tackle defence.

I do advise getting 99 defence, such a sexy cape, but just get some more even stats before trying to. It will make things a lot faster ;)

Doc Roe is correct :P

I did defence with 75 attack and strength and it took forever, I'm now 85/85 and I would have found it so much easier if I had trained with these stats.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Hm. I do so love defence. It's my favourite combat skill. I guess that I'll take that advice and put it on hold.

I'm still not sure of what to do about slayer. I like the skill, I just feel that if I had some more cash i'd be able to train it more efficiantly...

Slayer is not the best source of melee exp nor cash, but is it the best source for both? What about meleeing blues?

I've tried Armoured Zombies, and I cba with all the effort needed >_>

You wont start making a noticeable profit till 83 slayer, or maybe 77 now with strykewyrms. The experience is going to be slow unless you splurge on piety and cannonballs, which you shouldn't do at your levels.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm still not sure of what to do about slayer. I like the skill, I just feel that if I had some more cash i'd be able to train it more efficiantly...

Slayer is not the best source of melee exp nor cash, but is it the best source for both? What about meleeing blues?

It's probably healthy to take a break from slayer once in a while. You don't have to push on to 99 all in one go.

Take a few weeks off and make some money. You can kill dragons, range avainses, or even kill monster for herbs until you get your fill of it. There's plenty of money making options available.

If you really like slayer, it'll still be there when you get back.

Yes, that does seem like a good idea. Now, to work out if blues or greens give more in cash efficiancy...:P

If someon could shed some light on whether meleeing blues or greens (taking crowding into account) would give more cash.

If you're going to melee anything that isn't slayer go with armoured zombies. From 89-93 defence trying them out I made ~20m.

However in the end I regretted it because I have only just got 85 slayer, whereas if I had slayed all the way I'd have been 85+ long long ago

Nowadays, with extreme pots, ferocious ring, and turmoil, slaying has gotten a lot quicker and AZ's are getting more or less obsolete. Whereas before, you could have arguments for both (remember the huge slayer sucks thread in the rants forum), nowadays, slayer just wins hands down.

I'm not really interested in AZ anyway, I prefer slayer. I was just pondering if meleeing drags or such is more efficiant cash and melée exp, as I'm saving up for Dfs or whatever.

Nowadays, with extreme pots, ferocious ring, and turmoil, slaying has gotten a lot quicker and AZ's are getting more or less obsolete. Whereas before, you could have arguments for both (remember the huge slayer sucks thread in the rants forum), nowadays, slayer just wins hands down.

You can use extremes and turmoil for AZs too. They are still much better XP than slayer, and slayer is not very good money. You'd be better off MHing and flipping for money and just grinding at AZs.

Slayer only wins hands down for slayer xp and fun (I don't like camping very much).

The main factor for me is fun. I love slayer, but I know the exp is slow, but when you enjoy it, it doesn't matter. It is a game afterall. I got 99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Constitution (lol) through slayer, and I'm now 97 Ranged with slayer.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.