Agility

Big_Stingman

So I have 57 agility, and want to get it higher during the Bonus XP weekend because I really hate training this skill. Thus, I want to go quickly through it. Where should I train for the best XP?

Also, I have already decided I don't want to take the risk in the wilderness, so what do you suggest?

~Thanks in advance.

Big_Stingman.png

How is the wilderness course risky...? All you need to do is bring a slash weapon to get through the webs and you don't have to worry about Revs too much. Honestly it's the best xp in the game until you can do Ape Atoll, you can average 40-50K xp per hour easily. The only other places that you really could do is the Agility Pyramid or Brimhaven but that's not going to help you during the bonus xp weekend cause most of the xp comes from the tickets (which will not give bonus xp). You are better off doing the Wilderness course in my opinion.

aiel.png

I would highly recommend the Wilderness course at your level. The revs really aren't a big problem. I've ran the course with a rev running the course as well quite a few times since 49 agility. If one does get too annoying, you can just world hop (which is easier now with the lobby), but normally if you wear d'hide, you won't have a problem with them. Just wear your best d'hide, boots of lightness, spottier/spotted cape, and penance gloves (if you can use those three items), and bring an inventory of something small such as salmon. Don't be afraid to let your hp fall down quite a bit, the lower your hp, the less the damage taken for failing.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I would highly recommend the Wilderness course at your level. The revs really aren't a big problem. I've ran the course with a rev running the course as well quite a few times since 49 agility. If one does get too annoying, you can just world hop (which is easier now with the lobby), but normally if you wear d'hide, you won't have a problem with them. Just wear your best d'hide, boots of lightness, spottier/spotted cape, and penance gloves (if you can use those three items), and bring an inventory of something small such as salmon. Don't be afraid to let your hp fall down quite a bit, the lower your hp, the less the damage taken for failing.

Hm ok...what do you suggest for getting there and leaving? The ardy tele lever? And then the Magic Arena place up there for a bank?

Big_Stingman.png

If you have the Enhanced Excalibur, i would bring it. It is very useful there as that is what i was using when getting 70 agility. It also lets you slash the web and if you only have 3 items it will be saved "*if* you die.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Hm ok...what do you suggest for getting there and leaving? The ardy tele lever? And then the Magic Arena place up there for a bank?

Yep, that's how I do it, make sure to bring a slash item though (I've forgotten one before, then got teleblocked by a rev, so I couldn't teleport back! It's only happened one time though). Once you're down, you can just run into the Mage Arena bank and Glory out of there since you can teleport in the bank.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I'd bring anti poison too, Remembered when I ran into a rev it got a lil annoying even though i managed to world hop. Also mayb a terror bird plus scrolls ?

But ya Wilderness course is your best option till ape atoll

6590ew.jpg

Definitely wilderness. Revs are just a slight hinderance if you know how to deal with them properly. If you take into consideration that they always go north past the pipe, around the lava obsticle and out of the area to the west, along with the knowledge that when you log out they lose their "lock" on you it makes them easy to get rid of.

What I do is wait until they're trapped north of the pipe and log out at the top of the course, south of the pipe. I then wait a few seconds (or even just log right back in) and continue on the course, making sure to keep a fence between you and the rev and preventing the rev from attacking/getting a "lock" on you. The rev will eventually leave the course and you just keep going on like normal, unless others there keep the rev around. Then it might be best to simply hop.

Neltak.png

Remember to watch yourself when you are at the top of the course since it is multi combat. I once went from 93 hp to 8hp just as I finished a run; there was a party of 4 revenants (2 orks and 2 knights).

How does the wildy course compare with the werewolf course?

The last I remember, the Werewolf and Wildy courses were around the same xp/hr, but you have to worry about more food at Werewolf considering it has the Death Slide, the EE might be enough, but I haven't personally tested it yet. The Wildy course is easy, don't have to worry about failing too much, and the revs are wimps.

I just did a quick run at werewolf and I quite like the results.

My Gear

EE

Glory (Doesn't really matter I guess)

Spottier Cape

Penance Gloves

Boots of Lightness

Ring of Charos

Invent

Tuna x 26 (Left 2 spaces for rocks)

For a small 30k xp test (this was with a 1.9x mult, so closer to 15-16k in reality), I only fell 3 times on the zip line. The EE was more than enough to cover the damage. I fumbled a few of my runs forgetting the stick since this was my first time here. At level 63 agility, my energy never fell below 90.

I think if I had half my food in agility pots/summer pies then I would completely eliminate the need for food. The only good familiars would probably be magpie or lurker. T-bird's special isn't needed nor do you need any items.