Modifying a Bat

Dizzle229

Hi guys.

Remember a few months back, in the Halloween thread? I had this aluminum t-ball bat that I would use to beat down Tpers and stuff. While I no longer have this homicidal purpose in mind, I would like some tips on how to better it for self defense. And this is for self defense, so nothing too over the top. I don't need to give it a grenade launcher :???:

Anyway, there's been a lot of people getting jumped and robbed in my town lately, and I can't always have someone with me. I need some protection, and this things is not going to do much to help. I need to give it a boost. Tomorrow I'm attaching a strap to wear it on my back, to make it less of a nuisance to carry around. I've had some ideas, but nothing I'm sure of.

1. Wrap barbed wire around it.

a ) Probably illegal.

b ) I'd be wearing it on my back. Darwin Award waiting to happen.

c ) Unneccesary. I'm looking to protect myself, not skin someone alive.

2. File the end down to a point, for a smack jab combo.

a ) Again, probably illegal.

b ) Too damn dangerous. As in 1c, I'm not trying to kill someone, just protect myself.

So, if anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. And please, keep it within reason. However, Lenin can suggest flamethrower.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

you can kill someone with a baseball bat if you're strong enough

True, but there are several problems here.

1. It's a small, light aluminum t-ball bat. It doesn't hurt that much.

2. I'm not that strong.

I'll post pics tomorrow I guess.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

I carry a small switchblade during Trick-or-Treating, just incase, not sure how much protection it would really have, but a six-inch blade in someone will hurt.

honestly if someone tries to rob you and you pull a baseball bat, your going to get shot/stabbed.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm with nick - just switch to a knife. if you can't swing a bat hard wnough to hurt someone - you shouldn't carry one at all.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm with nick - just switch to a knife. if you can't swing a bat hard wnough to hurt someone - you shouldn't carry one at all.

I don't have a knife and no (legal) means of getting one. And I'm not going to get shot/stabbed. I'm going to sound racist, but these are the "whitest" muggers I've ever seen in my life. These are highschool meat heads that believe they're some sort of Godly cross between Chuck Norris and Hercules, and if I were stronger I probably wouldn't even need the bat.

Now please, on to the topic, how do I make a hit from this thing hurt more?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

aim for

1) head

2) ribs

3) crotch

4) fingers

swing hard and follow through

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Guest Mrmegakirby

Use a legal weapon that's built for self defense, and not being lethal?

Peppersprays, inferno spikes, ect.

Use a legal weapon that's built for self defense, and not being lethal?

Peppersprays, inferno spikes, ect.

This. Pepperspray is legal and will bring anyone down to their knees. However if you cant get a hold of that, and the bat is your only solution try to get a bat that has a longer reach on it. Also, light objects moving fast can still hurt, so the bat you have will do just fine. Just aim for the ribs, crotch, or head if need be. Also try the knees, if you can really hurt them their, you can just run away while he is limping.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

In that case, just hit as hard as you can in their balls. There's no such thing as "honorably fighting" when someone's trying to mug you. Just kick their [wagon] and run off.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Drill hole, melt lead, add lead, murder weapon. :)

The best thing is the upgrade is not even visible.

The amount of lead you add will be up to you. You want a balance between easy to handle/carry and heavy enough to get the job done.

And now I feel really weird for giving advice on how to make an improvised weapon on the internet. :(

Prism_Swords.png

Yeah I'm pretty sure that walking around with a baseball bat is kind of...well i wouldn't mess with someone carrying around a weapon like that lol

And honestly you don't need to upgrade the bat, you need to upgrade yourself. If you don't feel confident using the thing against someone you shouldn't use it. Do like 20-30 pushups in the morning and 10 at night, and you'll be surprised how quick your strength grows lol

Violence, whether in self defence or not (where that limit is, can be debated in loooooong topics), is not something we are going to encourage here.

We can't really allow a topic where users give you ideas about how to make a weapon, no matter if it's only designed to harm, not to kill.

1) Blunt weapons can kill if you hit in the wrong (or right, depending on your intentions) spot

2) The damages done with a harmful weapon can be beyond repair

3) If you happen to cause any damage to anyone after having made this topic, users who have aided you could somehow be dragged into your actions.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?