65-70 range and question bout avi's.

Themooingcow666

Ok so i have a question, i finally got range to 65 and i had a couple questions

1. what monster would be best for XP, i want to try to get it up to 70 tonight

2. what would be the best setup for fastest XP? (and i'm using sacred clay coif is that good to use? or another sacred clay item?)

3. could i do avi's at 70 range? and what setup would i use and what would i do? thank you :)

Orion

Themooingcow.png

65-70 would you prefer to get fast exp or make a little along the way...

Anyways i did yaks to get to 70, but you can also do caged ogres, and fire giants, all of which you can do using knives

At 70 range you should be able to, but let us know your budget

Anyways i did yaks to get to 70, but you can also do caged ogres, and fire giants, all of which you can do using knives

I am doing fire giants now with magic shortbow and addy arrows, what knives should i use? and i can't do ogres or yaks :( not yet anyway, and my budget is anywhere from 5 mil-15 mil.

Themooingcow.png

I am doing fire giants now with magic shortbow and addy arrows, what knives should i use? and i can't do ogres or yaks :( not yet anyway, and my budget is anywhere from 5 mil-15 mil.

I'd say invest in a rune cbow and some broad bolts for later training.

Bronze or iron knives are generally regarded to be the best choice, but steels and blacks are ok as well if you don't mind paying a little extra. I'd also advise against using knives against caged ogres unless you telly grab them. They're pretty scarce nowadays even with the price cap recently lifted.

I'd say invest in a rune cbow and some broad bolts for later training.

Bronze or iron knives are generally regarded to be the best choice, but steels and blacks are ok as well if you don't mind paying a little extra. I'd also advise against using knives against caged ogres unless you telly grab them. They're pretty scarce nowadays even with the price cap recently lifted.

I have a rune Cbow (got it as drop :D) and around 3000 broad bolts :D so i use those for avi's? what about armor setup?

And ok i can get some black or steel ones ;D I have 1000 steel knives in the bank right now :D And i use these on fire giants right?

Themooingcow.png

3000 broad bolts won't last too long so make sure you buy unfinished ones from slayer masters daily.

I'm new to avies myself, but the kit I'm happy with is:

Armadyl Helm

Sara D'hide body

Torag's legs

Granite Shield

Snakeskin boots

Glory

Zammy vambs

Accumulator

If I were you, the only God related protection I'd really get is the armadyl helm. You should be able to find a good spot without the other monsters for the first 40 kills and once you get into the eyrie you won't need it at all.

Keep visiting the Rogue's Den and buying up those knives (Bronze, irons, and steels). 1k won't last long.

3000 broad bolts won't last too long so make sure you buy unfinished ones from slayer masters daily.

Armadyl Helm

Sara D'hide body

Torag's legs

Granite Shield

Snakeskin boots

Glory

Zammy vambs

Accumulator

If I were you, the only God related protection I'd really get is the armadyl helm. You should be able to find a good spot without the other monsters for the first 40 kills and once you get into the eyrie you won't need it at all.

Keep visiting the Rogue's Den and buying up those knives (Bronze, irons, and steels). 1k won't last long.

Would buying unfinished ones be cheaper than buying them on the GE?

And ok cool :D how much would that cost around? I already have torags set (great for melee too :D) and snakeskin boots :) and the glory and accumalator :)

Rogue's den? so that would be cheaper than GE once again right?

Themooingcow.png

Armadyl Helm

Sara D'hide body

Torag's legs

Granite Shield

Snakeskin boots

Glory

Zammy vambs

Accumulator

While Saradomin protection is not needed, a Zamorak is. Also you only need 40 kills to enter the boss room, the eyrie may be entered immediately.

quit

Armadyl Helm

Sara D'hide body

Torag's legs

Granite Shield

Snakeskin boots

Glory

Zammy vambs

Honestly with 81 Def I would ditch the torag's legs for something that gives range bonus, also change the Glory to a range ammy; they can hit hard, but I've found that range bonus > defense bonus when killing Aviansies. I also suggest B2P tabs, they allow you to stay down there for long periods of time.

The benefits of having a Sara and Zammy piece is so that you don't get attacked by the various monsters that represent said gods. It helps you to kill more Aviansies per hour and maximize profit. Of course if you go to the eyrie you won't need any of god items... I do however reccomend something from Armadyl, it makes it a lot less annoying, and you avoid being piled.

It is mostly up to you which setup you go with. You're not going to get it right the first time, and that's okay, over time you'll tweak your setup to fit your playing style.

aiel.png

1: Knife yaks, but that will make you want to rip your eyes out so I'd say cannon something like aberrant spectres. it makes profit and it alright ranged exp.

2: Just the sc stuff I guess. From 65+ it shouldn't take too long even without it tbf. SC just slows you down as in the time you take to do SC you could have got maybe another level.

3. yes you could at 70 range. Sinkahn has the right idea.

Though I'd edit it like so:

Armadyl Helm

Zammy D'hide body

Torag's legs

Granite Shield

Snakeskin boots

Glory/fury

barrows gloves

Accumulator

Go into the eyrie. It'll be much better and safer. You don't need a sara item unless you go in the direction of the sara encampment or kill avi's around there so zammy dhide replaces that.

I *think* there are quite a few guides in the AoW on here :) so they may be worth a looksee for you.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Ok cool thanks for all the suggestions XP I'm level 67 range now and i'm thinking of turning in some points from penguin, and doing some pest control for like an hour. Then after that using knives on fire giants till 70.

And about the avi's, so i have to get 40 kills to fight them?

No, you only need 40 to get into the boss's room to fight them. That goes for all the GWD bosses. You do need a mithril grapple to get into the eyre and kill those there.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Ok cool thanks for all the suggestions XP I'm level 67 range now and i'm thinking of turning in some points from penguin, and doing some pest control for like an hour. Then after that using knives on fire giants till 70.

No, you only need 40 to get into the boss's room to fight them. That goes for all the GWD bosses. You do need a mithril grapple to get into the eyre and kill those there.

Wait, o.O so i can't just fight the avi's right off the bat? because i don't want to fight the boss at all.

Themooingcow.png

Wait, o.O so i can't just fight the avi's right off the bat? because i don't want to fight the boss at all.

Yes you can go and kill them right away, either inside the eyre or right outside of it. Like cpt said, you only need 40 kills to get into the boss room.

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

The only places that i know of where you have to kill a boss before being able to kill the actual monsters are the 4 in the well in Polli. And any other quest monsters that may exist.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Add me in game ( Schmuall)

I'll take you on a trip and teach you everything you need to know.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Add me in game ( Schmuall)

I'll take you on a trip and teach you everything you need to know.

Ok cool thank you :)

I should be getting on tonight and tomorrow, sunday i doubt i will be home. But thanks again :)

Themooingcow.png