Runescape 'Instant-Demo'

Arch_Tyrant

I was playing it a while back, kind of interesting.

I never bothered past the tutorial, but is the instant-demo filled with people or is it basically a single player runescape?

It's multiplayer except there are no names to it. When you right click they're all named Player (numbers). For example, you might be named Player 1743 and the other might be named Player 1932.

Edit: I'm able to access it on Google Chrome.

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have your definitions mixed up. A Free Trial is a demo with a limited amount of time/uses. F2P receives no updates (3-5 new minutes of content from Blood Pact doesn't count) and is only a fraction of the full game. I'm fairly certain that is a demo. The ONLY reason that Jagex says it is not a demo is so they can receive free publicity from the record books for "World's Largest/Best Free MMO/Online Game." F2P is a demo.

You have your facts mixed up. f2p WAS the whole game before p2p was implemented, and IS the full game. p2p is merely an (admittedly massive) expansion to that game. Saying f2p is a demo is like saying WarCraft 2: Tides of Darkness was a demo for WarCraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal, or that Half-Life 1 was a demo for Half-Life: Opposing Force and Blue Shift.

Now, for the ACTUAL Runescape demo, I've played part of it just past the first Quest, which involves using an ... unorthodox technique to slay an out-of-control pet dragon to save the Advisor. The main draw was the fact that this new Quest not only opens the demo, but also introduces actual spoken dialogue into the game. Yes, the characters actually have voices (including the fast-annoying Narrator). It''s kind of cool, but the female Narrator gets annoying quickly.

After that, the content is pretty limited. You can't leave the Lumbridge area (basically the H.A.M. hideout to the Al Kharid west gate and the Furnace to the swamp) and you an only do like 10 Quests (which is pretty much all the Quests that start and don't leave Lumbridge). Being restricted to Lumbridge, you are severely limited in the skills you can train and the resources you can access. Anyone can access the demo account - it's not password protected - and it can be deleted if you want to start from scratch or create a f2p account.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.