essence prices?

canadiansmurf

Why is normal essence so expensive now?

Is it being merched?

possibly inflation, or just increased demand.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

lack of production can also be a factor...

Hi M8 and +1.

Every single essences are on constant rise since bots have been nailed and trade updated.

So, it's also a decent prior money making way for totally lost low level player.

Even the 150 pess a day and slyer drops for high leveled slayers that bring them nice amount of free pess doen't balance it.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Hi M8 and +1.

Every single essences are on constant rise since bots have been nailed and trade updated.

So, it's also a decent prior money making way for totally lost low level player.

Even the 150 pess a day and slyer drops for high leveled slayers that bring them nice amount of free pess doen't balance it.

Just what on earth are you on about?

The bot and trade thing happened YEARS ago it no longer effects prices.

It still is a decent money maker for lower levels, hence why people mine it.

What does free p ess from members stuff have to do with anything? What is it not "balancing"?

To me there rise isn't steep enough to be a merch clan, it is just one of those natural cycles you get a generation of ess miners who fill up the mines and give a good supply. Which makes prices lower, therefore to the next generation it isn't such an appealing task, so the miners dwindle in numbers allowing price to rise again. Then it seems a good money maker again so a boom in miners and price creeps down. So on and so forth

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hi M8 and +1.

Just what on earth are you on about?

The bot and trade thing happened YEARS ago it no longer effects prices.

It still is a decent money maker for lower levels, hence why people mine it.

What does free p ess from members stuff have to do with anything? What is it not "balancing"?

To me there rise isn't steep enough to be a merch clan, it is just one of those natural cycles you get a generation of ess miners who fill up the mines and give a good supply. Which makes prices lower, therefore to the next generation it isn't such an appealing task, so the miners dwindle in numbers allowing price to rise again. Then it seems a good money maker again so a boom in miners and price creeps down. So on and so forth

Wow cool down please.

1 - you paraphrase (in better way though) what i told. I just figured that the prices are rising since that time and pointing the fact that low miners can and do make money that way.

Since demand is way more important than their possibilities of offer, price rise. They also find some better money making ways and stop mining. Of course some merch (not only clans) do use it but it's not the main factor.

2 - the idea to offer free few pess with seers diary was nice but not enough to help in keeping prices stable.

My conclusions are the same as yours so there is no point on warming yourself. You may could consider my english is not good enough to have explained it all in clear sentences.

BTW : if you look are current threads you find many people not really understanding offer/demand starting to claim about merch clan or so. i just wanted to tell that some moves are also naturals.

D bones, like pess are is less demand that offer so price are rising. Game changes makes it even raising. All in all, it's not that bad imho : even low lvl/poor can find a start here. Merch are not the only reasons of prices moves.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Notice that the day rune essence and the F2P craftable runes started to skyrocket is also around the same day RSbot stopped supplying bots.

Less bots = overall less supply of items = higher prices.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Notice that the day rune essence and the F2P craftable runes started to skyrocket is also around the same day RSbot stopped supplying bots.

Less bots = overall less supply of items = higher prices.

When did the RSbot thing stop that? Is it years ago or recenty? Because I don't need ess, but get tons from slaying. I don't rc alot...

Just when I need runes I don't get alot from slay

I never watch the price but if p ess has gone up alot it might be better selling the ess?

I don't need like 25k p ess I'm holding in bank now , espec. not if its price has gone up alot :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I was only asking about normal regular f2p essence.

Pure essence is still priced fairly and not even close to its high of nearly 200 coins after trade restrictions.

I've just never seen f2p essence hit almost 100 gp each.

Seems very overpriced it was stable at around 50-60 gp each for a long time.

The bots being banned sounds plausible. I'm mining pure essence on my pure and no one seems to be a bot atm.

There are too many runecrafting bots though. At water, air and earth alters especially. I wonder if those bots are pushing up the regular ess prices.

Several things at work here.

1. MUCH greater demand for elemental runes, now that infinite shops are gone.

2. General inflation.

3. The price of pure essence is held down by the fact that there are now huge quantities of it entering the game as noted drops rather than through mining, as well as other source, such as GOP I suppose. You can get 4,000 pure essence in a single ice strykewyrms task. In contrast, there's not much regular essence entering the game this way.

4. Because of the dysfunctional GE, whenever things start to go up in price, people stop selling hoping it will be worth more later. Then it crashes and the cycle repeats.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

4. Because of the dysfunctional GE, whenever things start to go up in price, people stop selling hoping it will be worth more later. Then it crashes and the cycle repeats.

I agree the Ge is dysfunctional.

At the moment normal essence is selling at max.

It just seems wrong somehow that my new pure is earning so much profit so easily so fast.

Then again I'm not complaining.

The question is pretty much resolved.

I don't think it's being merched. Maybe it is actual demand.

I think that it's just more demand, since I haven't heard of anyone merching them, and for a clan to affect the price of them at all, it would need to be a massive effort.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.