Torstol

anonymouse_

Not really. It is being merched in the same way dragon bones are. Yes there are some merchanters that are using in in things like rare trades, but for the most part it is just in incredibly high demand like dragon bones, although obviously there isn't as much torstol as d bones in the game.

So no it isn't being merchanted, in the traditional way at least.

4sDIn.png

Uhm what herb seed have to dragon bones ? :/ I dont get it.

Onedaysoon was making a comparison to the price of them. Both relatively pricey items, but not due to people merchanting them. Bones are need to train the prayer, and since people rather buy theirs instead of collect their prices are higher then they have been. The same with Torstols. Needed to make overloads, but to buy them in bulk people go to the GE instead of farming the seeds.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Well I sure as hell am not gonna pay the 50k street price/herb for 1k overloads, so I guess it's time to start running keys :thumbdown:

Fml, they don't even sell for max :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Be patient. They take a while, because not many come into the game.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I strongly suspect jagex has tweaked the GE again. Removal or tweaks of price ceilings for the ge are also a factor.

I think now the Ge is more sensitive to so-called "demand". So essentially if there are for instance 1k people who have put in a bid for torstol at max this will cause the prices to increase.

Before I suspect the threshold for a price increase would have been 10k bids.

There are relatively few torstols though and there are a lot of people stockpiling supplies for when they do level a skill.

The torstol price increases are pretty crazy though.

From the seeds price of 2k pre-herblore update to the high's of 100k I never thought they would increase yet again to 150k+.

There is also just a lot of GP floating around RS. Serious inflation.

The sensible solution is that Jagex should tweak the drop rates and drop more herb seeds.

I strongly suspect jagex has tweaked the GE again. Removal or tweaks of price ceilings for the ge are also a factor.

I think now the Ge is more sensitive to so-called "demand". So essentially if there are for instance 1k people who have put in a bid for torstol at max this will cause the prices to increase.

Before I suspect the threshold for a price increase would have been 10k bids.

thats not how the GE worked to begin with...its completed offers, not current offers.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

But why the sudden spike in demand? They've had price spikes before and crashed every time. They're much higher then they were even on 2x weekend <_<

And it took me 2+ hrs to buy 11 keys...

Maybe a ton of people got 92/96 over the bonus xp, and made a decent stash of overloads. By now their stash has run out and they need more. Just a theory. There's absolutely no way for us to know why the price is rising, other than the price was too low for people to farm it, so there would be less supply as well.

I've bought over 100 so far today. If you have the cash, put an offer in for more than you want, and that may speed things up a bit.

I think the reason for the increased demand may be that a lot more people got 96 Herblore over the bonus XP weekend. And on the demand side, torstol is a very rare herb. I killed several thousand abby spectres a few weeks ago and got only one torstol seed. And sinister keys are rather slow and tedious to get, so they are pretty undervalued at their current price.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png