What do I do with Gold Bars?

brad1431

Well if you have gems, you can make them into jewelry, possibly enchant them for mage xp.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

As the posters above me have said.. What you want to be doing is making them into amulets of some kind

I don't know if you'll make/lose money putting gems in the amulets too but I know that if you just do gold amulets you double the value of your bars.

Once you have the amulets it's up to you, you can string them for a few K mage exp or sell them for profit.

Edit: Oh and as Gold Ores are rising the increase in supply of Gold Bars should rise, devaluing your bars.. So whatever you're doing, i'd get a move on. Although don't panic sell them

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Edit: Oh and as Gold Ores are rising the increase in supply of Gold Bars should rise, devaluing your bars.. So whatever you're doing, i'd get a move on. Although don't panic sell them

No, that's wrong. As gold ores go up, training smithing with gold ore becomes less effective and some producers of gold bars will switch to other training methods. Therefore the supply falls and quantity supplied falls and price rises.

As others have said best xp to do with a gold bar is the best amulet you have the gems for or plain gold amulet.

Then lunar magik string jewellery is good xp

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No, that's wrong. As gold ores go up, training smithing with gold ore becomes less effective and some producers of gold bars will switch to other training methods. Therefore the supply falls and quantity supplied falls and price rises.

I'd like to disagree with you, respectfully.

In my opinion, providing the rise is genuine and not too related to solo merchants (if it were clans gold ore would be unbuyable - which it is not) then an increase in price will be from smithers. This will cause a direct increase in the supply of gold bars, reducing the price. While the price of gold is high, using similar logic to those switching methods away from gold ores, miners will switch to gold ores keeping the price relatively stable and therefore the demand for gold ores stable (not to mention the cost of other methods increasing too)

It is my belief that the price of gold ores will stay relatively stable, with an increase in both supply and demand, however the price of gold bars should fall due to an increase in the supply of gold bars. Arguably perhaps crafters may see profit and buy the excess supply, but I feel that is in the longer term.

Please, point me out if i'm wrong or you think otherwise, my economic knowledge may be inferior to yours, but this is what I would forecast happening and if I could "short sell" gold bars, I more than likely would.

Hmm that's interesting. But we should see a fairly stable equilibrium in both ores and bars. I misunderstood your original post. I read something like this:

Some change causes gold ores to rise in price (such as a new method of training mining that reduces the supply of ores).

I didn't read it as an increase of +2 gp or something.

ANYWAY... expect gold bars to drop as a large demand of the gold bars, creating gemmed jewelry for manipulation, was recently removed. Now the only people who will use gold bars will be making gold amulets (u).

ANYWAY... expect gold bars to drop

I'm pleased we agree on this bit, either way :D

So in short, make (u) amulets