better shield then rune kite?

Lucapher

In terms of defensive stats as the above poster said Granite and Obby sheilds are probably your best bet

However in the shield slot as a whole, at my defence level, i'd undoubtedly take a rune defender. I appreciate 76 defence may mean you need the +bonuses of an actual shield, but certainley weigh it up. Also it has no cost other than time so you could perhaps upgrade your other armour to allow you to get high defence

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

I would say obby sheild @ your level, as its relitavly cheap, and it gives the same strth bonus as a rune defender!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Go for rune defender. It leaves much to be desired in terms of defense however it makes it up in attack bonuses and the strength bonus. You may also gain a few levels on your road to a defender if you use the animated armor method and the ogres in the guild have decent drops that can be sold to the shop one floor below.

Rune defender unless you're tanking a monster over 500 combat.

^

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

thanks for the answers! finally got the bronze defender dang it takes forever

Yeah, that's the downside. Remember to keep hold of your adamant defender if you make it to rune, or go get another one, but in all honesty I wouldn't have the willpower to get another rune one which serves the same purpose as an adamant one, save one measly bank space.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah, that's the downside. Remember to keep hold of your adamant defender if you make it to rune, or go get another one, but in all honesty I wouldn't have the willpower to get another rune one which serves the same purpose as an adamant one, save one measly bank space.

Unless you really like bank placeholders, but that's beside the point, enjoy your defender!

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

lol i said the same thing before but i ended up training on the cyclops so i came out with 12 rune defenders.