barrows

tipper

Hello,

I have wanted to do barrows for a while and have a lot of questions. Before we start my stats

60 defense

55 magic

50 ranged

62 attack

55 strength( !! )

11 summoning ( !!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

So i figured i will mage. Here are my questions:

Since I have no money, what is the least expensive armor setup that works?? How much will this armor setup cost?

What should I train my stats to? And where?

And what should i have my inventory as?

Please list any quest needed for your method, but i have aready done most of the quest on the tip.it barrows page.

tipperrules.png

Do you have at least 50 slayer?

If so, i would go with something like the tip it page already says.

Really, that is honestly the best setup until you're like 130+ combat. Seriously. It's stupid, but QFT.

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Here's a sweet guide from the AOW on Tip.It. Another less known fact, world 31 is the unofficial barrows world, use it if your new. If you happen to die by accident someone will probably bless you before your timer runs out.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/141764-j3benice12s-guide-for-barrows-v32-aow/

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Slayer dart is the preferred spell at your mage level. Fire blast works fine too, but you have to pay more for airs/fires than minds.

Red salamander is an interesting alternative, but would not get very good damage with your mage.

Tanking in full rune is fine, if you're willing to bank every chest. Eat monkfish.

You should probably use prayer on dharok, karil, and ahrim.

Range ahrim, mage everyone else.

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

ok, sorry, i was in a hurry to write that. Here is what i was thinking:

train range to 70

train def to 70

prayer to 43

I will use slayer dart. What i want to know is:

What is my inventory?

and what should i wear?

Keep in mind that i have no money. Please give a cost efficient way:P

I only have 25 slayer!!!

Thanks for the tip about the world ,i will use it.

Edit: oops, forgot train magic to like 60 or 70, but do i need to do this??

tipperrules.png

Magic to 62 for wind wave with air staff is sorta cost effective.

Wear melee barrows top and bottom, and a nez or other cheapish melee helm, rune kite/dragon square, glory, snake boots, adamant bolts, the usual. Basically a good melee armor setup, with a staff.

Carry black hides, rune crossbow, dscim. Defense and prayer potions, runes, teleport, monkfish.

I gotta go now but I'll screenshot some setups later if you want.

the_zephyrus.png

Magic to 62 for wind wave with air staff is sorta cost effective.

Wear melee barrows top and bottom, and a nez or other cheapish melee helm, rune kite/dragon square, glory, snake boots, adamant bolts, the usual. Basically a good melee armor setup, with a staff.

Carry black hides, rune crossbow, dscim. Defense and prayer potions, runes, teleport, monkfish.

I gotta go now but I'll screenshot some setups later if you want.

thanks! if you can screenshot later, that would be helpful. Im gonna get 70 def and ranged now:P

HERE WE GO!!!

tipperrules.png

Hello,

I have wanted to do barrows for a while and have a lot of questions. Before we start my stats

60 defense

55 magic

50 ranged

62 attack

55 strength( !! )

11 summoning ( !!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

So i figured i will mage. Here are my questions:

Since I have no money, what is the least expensive armor setup that works?? How much will this armor setup cost?

What should I train my stats to? And where?

And what should i have my inventory as?

Please list any quest needed for your method, but i have aready done most of the quest on the tip.it barrows page.

PROTIP: for very general questions like this, try looking in the Archive of Wisdom first. I found this guide in about 1 min. It tells you pretty much all you could ever want to know about barrows.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/141764-j3benice12s-guide-for-barrows-v32-aow/

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Like squid said, 70 mage, range, and attack works wonders at barrows because of the black salamander. Of course, 55 slayer for magic dart will suffice until then, or if you don't want to train for those levels. Also, I would recommend doing the required quests, I forget which ones at this moment, that allow you to get to the barrow mounds faster.

ok, sorry, i was in a hurry to write that. Here is what i was thinking:

train range to 70

train def to 70

prayer to 43

I will use slayer dart. What i want to know is:

What is my inventory?

and what should i wear?

Keep in mind that i have no money. Please give a cost efficient way:P

I only have 25 slayer!!!

Thanks for the tip about the world ,i will use it.

Edit: oops, forgot train magic to like 60 or 70, but do i need to do this??

You need 55 slayer for slayer dart. Your best option atm would probably be simply using the best magic spell you have available.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

http://img519.imageshack.us/i/screen2g.png/

This is the setup I was suggesting you use. Air wave isn't that great, but it saves you having to get tons of elemental runes.

Pray dharok, karil, and ahrim. Tank the others. Use melee on karil, range on ahrim, and mage on the others. This will probably get you two chests a run.

EDIT: I just tried this. 2-3 chests with my stats. You may or may not have trouble completing the second chest of a run.

the_zephyrus.png

http://img519.imageshack.us/i/screen2g.png/

This is the setup I was suggesting you use. Air wave isn't that great, but it saves you having to get tons of elemental runes.

Pray dharok, karil, and ahrim. Tank the others. Use melee on karil, range on ahrim, and mage on the others. This will probably get you two chests a run.

EDIT: I just tried this. 2-3 chests with my stats. You may or may not have trouble completing the second chest of a run.

Thanks!! What i think i will do is this armor/weapon setup

helm of nezinot

granite platebody

dragon platelegs

snakeskin boots or rune boots

amulet of power

ring of life or ring of wealth

rune gloves

mystic air staff

I would cast air whatever (cant remember!!)

Thanks for your help so far. Now i need help with:

What should i make my inventory. I know i will have black d'hide, but what else??

P.S. Started getting money and training ranged and defense!

tipperrules.png

The reason I suggest dhide top is because your magic level is still medium and you cannot afford to allow your mage bonus to drop too far. Metal armor is worth the penalty in exchange for tanking ability, but smaller bonuses not so much. For example, snakehide boots are better replaced with mystic. You may or may not be able to get an acceptable accuracy with what you list. Do you not have a glory? Mage ammy is probably better for you than power, just because you need some degree of magical attack. Mystic air staff is no better than regular. Ring of wealth does not work at barrows, according to at least most veterans. Inventory is a defense potion, some prayer potions, some food, a one click teleport, a spade, range gear, and spec.

the_zephyrus.png

The reason I suggest dhide top is because your magic level is still medium and you cannot afford to allow your mage bonus to drop too far. Metal armor is worth the penalty in exchange for tanking ability, but smaller bonuses not so much. For example, snakehide boots are better replaced with mystic. You may or may not be able to get an acceptable accuracy with what you list. Do you not have a glory? Mage ammy is probably better for you than power, just because you need some degree of magical attack. Mystic air staff is no better than regular. Ring of wealth does not work at barrows, according to at least most veterans. Inventory is a defense potion, some prayer potions, some food, a one click teleport, a spade, range gear, and spec.

Ok:P let me try again!!

Helm Of nezinot

RUNE pleatebody

RUNE platelets

Mysic boots

mage ammy or glory ( if i can get )

air staff or salamanders

ring of life

mystic gloves or black d'hide vams

inventory:

defense potion

prayer potion

monkfish

home teleport

spade

black d'hide

rune gloves

ddp++

tipperrules.png

ok let me try yet again. if it is crossed off, then i have it.

Helm of nezinot

rune platebody

rune platelegs

magic ammy

mystic gloves or black vams

mystic boots or rune boots

air staff ( should i use mystic )

granite shield

inventory the same. thanks!!

tipperrules.png

Helm Of nezinot

RUNE pleatebody

RUNE platelets

Mysic boots

air staff or salamanders

ring of life

inventory:

defense potion

prayer potion

monkfish

home teleport

spade

black d'hide

rune gloves

ddp++

depending on ur prayer lvl u will need more p pots

Artemis101.png

Artemis101.png

archsupportei2.png

Helm Of nezinot

RUNE pleatebody

RUNE platelets

Mysic boots

air staff or salamanders

ring of life

inventory:

defense potion

prayer potion

monkfish

home teleport

spade

black d'hide

rune gloves

ddp++

depending on ur prayer lvl u will need more p pots

did u get my other post?? and ok i will take more pray pots... still, that is one heck of a guide:)

tipperrules.png

Vambraces have terrible mage penalties. If you have rune gloves just wear them throughout.

Otherwise that seems fine.

i dont have rune gloves, so maybe i will use mystic...

also, last question:P should i use mystic or rune boots?? I could also use boots of lightness ( no real use ) or climbing boots ( worth it? )

Thanks for all the help, this is one old forum!

tipperrules.png

Try to get a glory. Mystic boots are fine, so are rune boots. Boots bonuses won't make the difference.

Also try to get some sort of RFD gloves. Adamant shouldn't be too hard.

Ok so, I will get mystic boots, maybe a glory (on a tight buget:P) and try and get rune RFD gloves. I was looking into that...

tipperrules.png

bumparoo!!

Still need help with the setup, is it right???

edit:

NEW QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

will 61 mage do or do i have to get 70??

Believe it or not, Red salamander is actually more cost effective than the Black salamander. So you could do barrows at 61 magic and be fine, although most people will want you to get 70 for the increased speed of the black salamander and ice burst.