Bret Michaels hospitalized after brain hemorrhage

DragnFly

Bret Michaels in critical condition

The Associated Press

Bret Michaels, pictured here in January in California, is currently on the TV series, The Celebrity Apprentice. His previous reality show was Rock of Love.Bret Michaels, pictured here in January in California, is currently on the TV series, The Celebrity Apprentice. His previous reality show was Rock of Love. (Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

Bret Michaels is in critical condition suffering from a brain hemorrhage, his publicist said Friday.

Joann Mignano, Michaels's New York-based publicist, confirmed on Saturday a report on People magazine's website that said the former Poison frontman was rushed to intensive care late Thursday after a severe headache. The report said doctors discovered bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Mignano said tests are being conducted but did not know where he was being treated.

The 47-year-old glam-rock reality TV star had an emergency appendectomy at a private care facility for diabetics last week after complaining of stomach pains before he was scheduled to perform at Sea World in San Antonio, Texas. Michaels later wrote on his website that though the surgery "has taken its toll," doctors expected him to make a full recovery.

Michaels is currently a contestant on the third season of Donald Trump's NBC competitive reality show, The Celebrity Apprentice.

For the first six episodes, Michaels served as a lighting rod for the show's male team, avoiding being fired in the boardroom. Trump said in a statement Friday that he was "deeply saddened" to hear of Michaels's condition.

"He's a great competitor and champion, and I hope he will be fine," Trump said.

Before joining The Celebrity Apprentice, Michaels starred as the lothario on VH1's lusty reality dating series Rock of Love from 2007 to 2009. For three seasons, Michaels searched for the women of his dreams amid a sea of implants, tattoos and thongs.

He also served as a judge on the fifth season of the USA singing competition Nashville Star in 2007.

© The Canadian Press, 2010

Sources:

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/04/24/brett-michaels-hemorrage.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bret-michaels-critical-brain-hemorrhage/story?id=10466668

Apparently it had happened late Thursday, today was the first I had heard about it.

For those unfamiliar with him, hes the lead singer of Poison, one of the more popular rock/glam metal bands of the 80's. He also was in VH1's "Rock of Love", which I guess could basically be described as a rock and roll version of the bachelor.

I am a fan of Poison's music, and hopefully he gets well soon.

Probably caused by too much interaction with [developmentally delayed]ed [bleep] during A rock of love.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

TIF's quality certainly has declined as of late.

(In response to the posts, not to the topic - I may not see the necessity of it's creation, but that's hardly my decision.)

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

(In response to the posts, not to the topic - I may not see the necessity of it's creation, but that's hardly my decision.)

Well what else are we supposed to say to it besides "I hope he gets better" or some stupid joke? Quality of the posts often reflect the quality of the topic itself.

We're talking about this guy:

rockoflove1219245266.jpg

What do you expect?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Guess he had his bandanna on too tight? laugh.gif

... icon_e_confused.gif

Too soon.

Great call though XD

Sucks, but he's a rock star. Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't succumbed to syphallis after hosting Rock of Love. Hope the best for him, of course.

(was it Poison that once said "only the good die young" or is that someone else?)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Guest Mrmegakirby

The first paragraph repeats its self, and the last paragraph repeats the first.

What are we talking about again?

Oh yeah. Hopefully he'll be able to return to the apprentice.

I must say, I think he's ridiculous, but still, hopefully he gets better.

And I was just watching Hot Tub Time Machine the other night, he was in it, kind of weird that I hear about this now.

And by "he was in it", he wasn't actually...just his character was.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 4 weeks later...

I';m glad he was able to return to apprentice and win it!

He won 500,000 dollars for the juvenelle diabetes association which is awesome since i have type 1 diabetes!

Good job Bret!

SODBee.png

99 Range 9/13/09

99 Defence 5/29/10

99 HP 7/20/10

Remember last year when Michael Jackson died? Then Billy Mays? Then alot of other people started to die?

[hide] It's happening again. Musicians this time[/hide]

16185_s.gif

Remember last year when Michael Jackson died? Then Billy Mays? Then alot of other people started to die?

[hide] It's happening again. Musicians this time[/hide]

This is sad, but it seems that you are right. DIO also hospitalized recently and so what?? He died last week. I hope Bred will survive

Research papers writing tips